C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More XM Radio fun

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 PM
incabird
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default More XM Radio fun

Got home from work today. Opened the mail and found a bill form XM radio. Problem is, I suspended the service last November to be reactivated in April. I had 6 months left on the service so the new bill should not be due until the first week of October. I call their number and get Nicki (yah right) on the line. She just can't comprehend what I am trying to communicate to her. It took some time and a several requests to speak to a manager and being put on hold for several minutes before they finally agreed that I was correct on the date the service should extend to. I document every conversation I have with anyone I get service from. I had names, dates and times of the conversation when I had the service suspended in November. These are the types of situations that give them such a bad reputation for their service. How can you just ignore your agreements with your customers and try to screw them by billing them for something already paid for?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just an absolutely horrible company. I fired them several years ago. I won't deal with these kind of businesses. Too many other good options (unless you're all about Howard Stearn).
Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
SXM_Help
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SiriusXM Help

Hi there-

We apologize for this, could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can take a look at your account and help with the billing.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by incabird
Got home from work today. Opened the mail and found a bill form XM radio. Problem is, I suspended the service last November to be reactivated in April. I had 6 months left on the service so the new bill should not be due until the first week of October. I call their number and get Nicki (yah right) on the line. She just can't comprehend what I am trying to communicate to her. It took some time and a several requests to speak to a manager and being put on hold for several minutes before they finally agreed that I was correct on the date the service should extend to. I document every conversation I have with anyone I get service from. I had names, dates and times of the conversation when I had the service suspended in November. These are the types of situations that give them such a bad reputation for their service. How can you just ignore your agreements with your customers and try to screw them by billing them for something already paid for?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SXM_Help
Hi there-

We apologize for this, could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, so we can take a look at your account and help with the billing.

Thanks,
This has to be a joke.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:44 PM
SXM_Help
Intermediate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

No, let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Originally Posted by SRQVelocityyellow
This has to be a joke.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:47 PM
bucwheat
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

They canceled my XM a month after I purchased my GS,i called and they said it was a 6 month trial,I said I only owned it a month
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 PM
mngreg
Advanced

They sent a collection company after me on a car I hadn't owned for 9 months.

Never again will I use that crooked POS company and I tell everyone I know not to renew.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM
crtaylor59
Advanced

Bought my 2011 last year in july......was suppose to have 1 yr free service from GM....they cut it off after 3 months...told me the car was not new.....my salesman and myself called at least 10 times...XM kept saying they would look into it.....then they shut it off again.....we called again and they said we made a mistake.....I'm waiting for it to go off again...I'm just waiting to see if I get my free yr of service with them...
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM
crtaylor59
Advanced

Also, is XM customer service in the US or overseas? I can't under stand them and they don't understand me.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Run N. Gun
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

XM Customer Service has always been horrible for me. 4 vehicles with XM over 8 years and now we refuse to use XM anymore.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

SiriusXM Help
Hi there-

Thanks,

Are you kidding???? Can we all get in touch with you??? The company got me for more than $120.00 when they continuously billed me month after month after cancelling. And like OP says, if you want to upgrade or join, you speak to someone within 2 minutes and speak to someone pleasant and understands you. If you try to suspend or cancel different story, I had 5 calls, all at over 2 hours of wait time, getting transferred to numerous people in various countries. Oh, and then after one of the calls, and speaking to 7 different people with lower and lower rates, a guy comes on and offers me a plan for $6.00 a month. OMG. I know it's a business, but wouldn't it have been nice to have this conversation 2 hours ago... Sorry for venting on your thread.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM
kmthor00
Burning Brakes

Hello XM, you paying attention here? Your reputation is horrible, it appears you have never done anything to improve it! I purchased my 2012 GS in December 2011, immediately put into winter storage, called about suspending my free 6 months, was told I could not do this. Guess why nobody signs back up?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Cypher
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has to be a joke.

LOL…I looked at all of SXM Help’s posts and they’re all “we apologize”, “sorry for your bad experience”, etc. If this individual is legit (which I doubt that SXM is monitoring CorvetteForum), I feel sorry for ‘em because there’s going to be A LOT of APOLOGIZING.

I’ve gone from 4 active XM subscriptions a few years ago, to zero today…got tired of dealing with this crappy company. I like their product, can’t deal with their business practices though.

There are so many “alternatives” to SXM available in the newer vehicles today.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:30 PM
DustyDan
Instructor

So you are saying you are not interested in service

Thankfully I have never had those kind of problems with them. I guess that makes me a minority around here.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM
SXM_Help
Intermediate

Default SiriusXM Help

Hi everyone-

If you have any questions about your account, billing, invoices or our service, please send us an email with your contact information (name, phone number and if you have it, your account number) to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, and we'd be happy to take a look at your account and help.

Thanks,
Old 05-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,363 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Just a couple of months ago, they started sending letters to my house but addressed to a different name. The person named on the letters has never lived here, we are the original builders of the house done 31 years ago.

The letters are about a 2006 Corvette, which I sold in the Summer of 2009 and cancelled the service. Now, 4 years later, they are suddenly sending letters about that car but the wrong name.

In our 2009, we installed a PAL and Ipod with 500+ of our favorite songs. No more poor audio quality, no more blabbering DJ's, and no more criminally insane billing system.

Run Forrest, run!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

SiriusXM Help
Hi everyone-

If you have any questions about your account, billing, invoices or our service, please send us an email with your contact information (name, phone number and if you have it, your account number) to SXM_Help@siriusxm.com, and we'd be happy to take a look at your account and help.

Thanks,

How bout providing us YOUR phone number instead of this ridiculous e-mail stuff, who knows, maybe you can get some GOOD feedback and even become a Supporting Vendor of the Forum, but the company has a long long long way to go. Oh and Forest, make sure there is no credit card information given to them, you will pay, and pay and pay... oh, and I'm not bitter

Last edited by psp6158; 05-09-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To More XM Radio fun

Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

I am curious as to why XM has a SiriusXM Digital Care Team on the forum. Is it supposed to make those of us who despise XM and their business practices feel all warm and fuzzy?

I read an article in Forbes Magazine that said only 1/2 the cars that have XM radios installed have the service. Many of those are on the free trial period. We just let it run out on our GMC truck.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:27 PM
SXM_Help
Intermediate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

We're here to help and address and questions, or concerns you may have.

I am curious as to why XM has a SiriusXM Digital Care Team on the forum. Is it supposed to make those of us who despise XM and their business practices feel all warm and fuzzy?

I read an article in Forbes Magazine that said only 1/2 the cars that have XM radios installed have the service. Many of those are on the free trial period. We just let it run out on our GMC truck.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SXM_Help
Hi there-

We're here to help and address and questions, or concerns you may have.

Your responses seem rather robotic like those of someone who is not used to the English language. Are you in Mumbai?

Last edited by SRQStingray; 05-09-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: More XM Radio fun