C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning! Possible scammer

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 AM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

After reading this thread, it validates to me, why I only buy new cars I can write a check for.

All this to complex for poor lonely battery salesman....
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Ordinarily, I might agree this sounds like a scam but it may not be.

In fact, what I would do is a modified version of the two posts below that I underlined. Get the two "banks" (could be credit union, finance agency, S&L, etc.) talking to each other.

Believe it or not, there is such a thing as "bank speak" because I've seen if first hand when I had to go to Detroit (suburb, not downtown) to buy a used Corvette. For two "bankers" talking to each other, it will take 5 to 10 minutes of talking to arrange what are the real terms and conditions of the sale. Then the deal, if it's a real party on both ends, can be completed and may not require either party going to the other's location. I had to travel to Detroit, but that's only because I wanted to drive the car home.

Originally Posted by blaforce
I sold my F250 to a guy who flew in from Texas. His bank was asking for me to sign some paperwork before the sale and I just told them they have to find another way to process the buyers loan. I told them I will only sign documents at my bank; which we ended up doing.
Originally Posted by Kadorja
I recently sold my motorcycle to a buyer in Illinois while I'm stationed in Florida. We had to go back and forth a few times between banks to get the info to each other and get the banks to somewhat talk to each other.

Personally I would get his banks info and his member number and call them directly. I basically searched every phone number and any info he gave me and everything cleared. I didn't have the title since it was still under lien so I sent him a bill of sale just in case and I got my money the day or so before directly deposited in my account. It's just hard if both parties are legit since you never see each other so it's always a worry for each person.

All he should need to get the loan approved is the VIN number, mileage, your info and your banks info. Give him that info and have his bank contact your bank or yourself. If he wants the car badly enough he will get his bank to work with you.
Or, you could go this route, which I have done before and it worked quite successfully.
Originally Posted by c6tech
Take it to car max save a headache
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by timd38
Father Guido Sarducci drove a Corvette.
and Al Sharpton drives a Jaguar.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
cuspid
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I had a minister wanting to come buy my car from out of state, It smelled.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

I get emails all of the time from someone claiming to be the UPS or postal service. They want me to go down and pick up a package. I never open the emails. I just delete them all. I have heard that if you open one- you get a virus. So, be careful of them too.

Quick Reply: Warning! Possible scammer