C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 paddle shift

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Default A6 paddle shift

Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring of the paddle shift ckt? I am curious if there is an interface plug that could be modified so the right side paddles (frt and rear) could be used for upshify, and the left side for downshift only. Just an idle thought probably.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I believe this is what you are looking for. http://www.bratten.org/C6/Paddle/Index.html
Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Unlike some cars, the paddles are on the steering wheel and rotate with the wheel. Not a problem on a road course where you can keep your hands and 9 and 3, but in autocross or tight twisties, might be an issue deciding/hitting the correct paddle.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
CHBroker
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vettman96
Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring of the paddle shift ckt? I am curious if there is an interface plug that could be modified so the right side paddles (frt and rear) could be used for upshify, and the left side for downshift only. Just an idle thought probably.
I just bought a 2013 Toyota Avalon and the paddle shifters are set up this way. Now I have to remember which car I am driving if I want to use them.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 PM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I'd prefer them to be reversed. I rented a new Taurus recently and it had them reversed. Felt more natural for me to pull a lever than to push a button to upshift. Same with downshifting, felt better to stab that button to drop a gear than to pull the lever towards me.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:03 AM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryL
I'd prefer them to be reversed. I rented a new Taurus recently and it had them reversed. Felt more natural for me to pull a lever than to push a button to upshift. Same with downshifting, felt better to stab that button to drop a gear than to pull the lever towards me.
Funny how people are different but the reverse it true for me.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Jimailer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also find I like them the way they are. I never use the + button I just flip the lever behind the wheel with my finger tip forward to up shift and pull it to down shift. Feels like a reach to push the + not normal to me

Get notified of new replies

To A6 paddle shift

Quick Reply: A6 paddle shift