C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jacking a C-6 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
funit1
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Jacking a C-6 Coupe?

Looking through my owners manual the pictures of the jacking points are not that clear. Anyone got any suggestions for jacking up and using jack stands? Any photos would be a great help. Thanks.
Dan
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM
paracord
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts

Dan,

You've come to the right place. There are literally hundreds of threads on here depicting every scenario one could think of in which to lift a C6. Use the search function and you'll find them. It would be impossible to list them all in this thread.

Cliff's notes: Most people like to use a crossbeam adapter with a super low and long jack to lift from the preferred jack points.....then either stand it on the beams using saddle jack stands or use flat top jack stands at the puck locations.

You'll find a wealth of information here.

Good luck.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM
360Rocket
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

A cool diagram that I printed off and keep in my glovebox.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:24 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

The provide images above are great, but I also place my jack stands at the frame locations. I jack the front up with my jack and a 2x4 at the front cross member place the jack stands under my pucks in the front frame locations, then go to the back and jack up the rear and place the jack stands in the rear frame locations with my pucks in place. Did it that way on my C5 and doing it on my C6 with no problems.

Get notified of new replies

To Jacking a C-6 Coupe?

Quick Reply: Jacking a C-6 Coupe?