C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 - How much luggage ??

Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM
HarleyB
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOTS of room…

Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

The Wife, and I have done Route 66 two times in out Vert. You have to move the luggage around like a rubic's cube to get it in there, but it can be done. We did stay in a couple new chain motels to launder our cloth's. There is no way to carry enough clean cloths for the entire trip.

I will say it is well worth the effort, and the coupe will have more room. The Corvette is a great road car.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 04-25-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM
rasacrystal08
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

My wife and i took a 5 day trip to Maine last September so we had luggage, camera bags, birding scopes, cooler, jackets, etc. The day we left we had all that in car and also had room to store the top!! What an awesome car!!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
The Wife, and I have done Route 66 two times in out Vert. You have to move the luggage around like a rubic's cube to get it in there, but it can be done. We did stay in a couple new chain motels to launder our cloth's. There is no way to carry enough clean cloths for the entire trip.

I will say it is well worth the effort, and the coupe will have more room. The Corvette is a great road car.
There is a way. . See below. And it is removable.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:42 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

Here is a pic of the 2 suitcases we just brought along for our recent road trip.
There was also room for a laptop bag, 2 folding chairs, and car cleaning stuff.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Jimmy C-6
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by c54u
Corvette hatchback - 22.4 cubic ft.
Corvette convertible - 11 cubic ft.

Camaro - 11.3 cubic ft.
Camaro convertible - 10.2 cubic ft.

All from the book.

Took the words out of my mouth. I own an 05 coupe and have rented Camaro's and my Vette has a lot more room I would have guessed double and it looks like I was right.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,066 Likes on 591 Posts

Back in October wifey & I drove up to PA for my reunion and to visit relatives and then from there to Ocean City MD for the Corvette weekend from here in SW Florida. Of course we had to pack dress clothes, casual, warm and cold clothing because that's what my wife always does. She had a suitcase big enough for a body (she's Italian) and another smaller medium size case. I had a duffle bag and a bag for clothing hung up like suits and dresses. I also carried a bucket, cleaning supplies, towels, 2 bags of snacks plus a 1/2 case of water and beer. Opps, also a bottle of Jack Daniels in the one bin and a portable air compressor in case of a flat. Then in OCMD she decided to buy a wreath for the wall and gifts for her sister's family. We were really loaded, but, had plenty of room to see out and were comfortable. The coupe has plenty of room.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 194 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke in SA
Hi Guys,

Usually i'm hanging out on the C3 forum (and in Australia).

I'm a big Vette fan and my latest plan is to drive a C6 from LA to Chicago along Route 66. Or vice versa.

How much luggage room is there in a C6 ?
I'm guessing not much...

Recently drove a lap around Hawaii in 2013 Camaro (only because I couldn't get a Vette on the day). Nice drive & plenty of luggage room.

Without being able to pop down to the dealer and check it out, can you guys give me a bit of an idea on interior luggage space. There will be 2 of us.

Cheers.
My wife and I have traveled via our Harley-Davidson touring bikes for the last 20 years and I'll tell you, if you need more storage space than you'll find in a C6 convertible you shouldn't be travelling...stay home and dream about the open road. We have done a 2 week trip on the Harley every year (except 2003, Corvette's 50th) and never pack more than what can be stored in two saddlebags and a tourpac. The storage area in a Corvette gives her the luxury of maybe bringing a hairdryer. I will repeat...if you need more space, you should not be planning to tour.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by idaband
What are you using to cover the paint when loading. Some sort of blanket?
I bought it about 12 years ago for my C5. It attaches to the upper hooks for the cargo net. I can't find this one, but I found this.

http://corvette-parts.zip-corvette.c...ctor&year=2012

Now, I believe this attaches with velcro tabs in the "gutter", which means you have to detach before closing the hatch. You can probably use some straps or elastic bands to attach it to the upper hooks for the cargo net. Then you just flip it over your luggage and close the hatch.

Last edited by C7 BOB; 04-26-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,494 Likes on 815 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

more than enough
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
RMcoolX
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We all know that the C6 carries more cargo than one would think before popping the hatch, but what I didn't know is how heavy the car feels and sounds when you have a passenger and about 140lbs (2 large heavy suitcases) in the back. Every time I would hit a little rough spot in the street, the car sounded and felt like it had a ton of bricks in it.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Why is it funny? That's what the car says.
Thank you !! This is a good point,it keeps you from having to give fat chicks rides. Sorry girls............fat guys too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 - How much luggage ??