C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist
Default New Car!!!

Nah, it's not what you think, I still have my '13 GS.

Yesterday, my wife and I went to our local Nissan dealer to buy a new 2014 Rogue for my wife.

When I arrived, I felt uncomfortable parking my 'vette in the lot where there was a lot of traffic.

I spotted an empty new car, front line spot available, right near the entrance door, so I pulled in there.

We walked inside and sat down at a table for a prearranged appointment with my sales guy, whom I know very well.

Within a few minutes, the asst. manager asked me to move my car as they had a new Nissan vehicle they wanted to park there.

My sales guy indicated that we were in the middle of a new car purchase, and said that he was sure it could stay there for an hour or so, and the asst. manager agreed.

Then, the unexpected happened.

People were looking at my 'vette, and then coming into the dealership and asking salespeople, "how much for the Corvette?"

Of course the salespeople had no idea at first, then started telling people that it was a customer's car.

I've owned a few muscle cars in my lifetime, but nothing has generated the kind of unsolicited attention as this Corvette. Great feeling!

We had a nice day, the exact Rogue we wanted, had just been delivered only 3 days ago, to another Nissan dealer only 35 miles away.

It's being driven to my dealer this morning, prepped, and we're picking it up this afternoon.

As a by-product, I learned the easiest way to sell my 'vette should I ever decide to do so.

Took these photos with my cell phone.

End of story.
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2014, 08:21 AM
woodranch
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great picture...are those OEM grey competion wheels or black?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:26 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by woodranch
Great picture...are those OEM grey competion wheels or black?
They're black.

Unfortunately, my 'vette was dirty at the time from a long ride, and the poor quality cell phone camera doesn't help either.

Here's a photo taken a few months ago when they were clean.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2014, 08:26 AM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

LOL The same thing happened to me at a Ford dealer. Went to get my son a new Focus ST yesterday and while we were there 3 people came in and asked how much was the white Vette. Not for sale!!

Pretty impressed with the ST. 252 hp and 270 ft lbs torque out of a 2.0 4 cylinder. Good performance and gas mileage...win/win for my son. Plus a cool blue tintcoat that looks purple under certain light conditions.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wayback
LOL The same thing happened to me at a Ford dealer. Went to get my son a new Focus ST yesterday and while we were there 3 people came in and asked how much was the white Vette. Not for sale!!

Pretty impressed with the ST. 252 hp and 270 ft lbs torque out of a 2.0 4 cylinder. Good performance and gas mileage...win/win for my son. Plus a cool blue tintcoat that looks purple under certain light conditions.
Sounds like the Focus was a good match for your son.

Frankly, I don't know why women are so impressed with these small SUV crossover type vehicles. I was told about 70% are sold to women. My wife and I are retired, with no kids at home, so I don't even understand why she wants such a vehicle??? I could have gotten a better deal on a full size well equipped '13 Maxima than the '14 Rogue. But it's not for me, so what the heck.

She keeps her cars about 6 years, so as long as she's happy with it that's what's important. We'll pick it up about 3 pm, today.

Last edited by Hameister; 02-16-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 AM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

happy wife,happy life
Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wlean99
happy wife,happy life

Old 02-16-2014, 11:51 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Cool
Old 02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,882 Likes on 1,905 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Hameister
Sounds like the Focus was a good match for your son.

Frankly, I don't know why women are so impressed with these small SUV crossover type vehicles. I was told about 70% are sold to women. My wife and I are retired, with no kids at home, so I don't even understand why she wants such a vehicle??? I could have gotten a better deal on a full size well equipped '13 Maxima than the '14 Rogue. But it's not for me, so what the heck.

She keeps her cars about 6 years, so as long as she's happy with it that's what's important. We'll pick it up about 3 pm, today.
As long as she is happy.

I personally do not like the Rouge, or many of the crossovers.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:46 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

I was having my '12 CR-V serviced and was looking around the Honda showroom at the Civics. Really liked the '13 coupes. Brought my wife back 2 days later to buy an EX which I'd made a deal on over the web, and ended up buying an SI. Really fun little car with the smooth shifting 6 speed and V-Tech DOC engine. Had left a CD in the '07 Pontiac G5 we traded in, so came back to get it the next day in the Corvette. Every salesman came out to take a look. Said they heard the Bullets a mile away. Sales Manager made me promise if I ever sell it to give him first shot. Not likely...but a fun morning.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

And to think it wasn't even a C7 that garnered so much interest. That speaks volumes for the look of a C6. C6's are beautiful cars!
Old 02-16-2014, 12:52 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

that's one of those great stories that doesn't happen all that often. thanks for sharing it!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AORoads
that's one of those great stories that doesn't happen all that often. thanks for sharing it!
You are very welcome, I really enjoyed experiencing it, and thanks to all for the comments.

Here's a follow-up...

We just got back from the dealer a little while ago. I can now see why my wife wanted that car.

It’s really a beautiful piece of work, no kidding!

I was amazed at the fit & finish, and the attention to detail. Better than the 2011 Maxima, and I thought that was well done.

I attached these photos from the Net rather than bothering with the camera, because these photos are identical to the car I bought.

The pearlized white paint is beautiful, and the 2 tone, charcoal and almond leather interior compliments it beautifully.

I bought it with the same alloy wheels you see in the photos, and the higher end Dunlop tires.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the SL package included the double almond colored pin striping down the sides. That’s a nice added touch.

Lots of electronic gadgets to go bad, and a nice 7.5” color screen to display it all.

The GPS NAV system is sooooo far advanced compared to the one in my ‘vette.

The rear view camera is awesome for backing into tight spaces, with animated colored guide bars to show you the cars projected track as you move the wheel.....very cool!

I was also surprised at the ride. Much more comfortable that I expected out of a short wheelbase, high center of gravity vehicle.

It feels very much like any mid-sized car, Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.

In fact, the only down side to it is the engine, that looks like it came out of a sewing machine. 2.5L 175 hp 4 banger.

Oh, it runs smoothly, and it’s quiet, just has no *****.

I haven’t timed 0 to 60, it’s probably around 9 or 10 seconds, but feels like a 1/2 hour.

I suspect it’ll get a little better after it’s broken in, because it feels very tight.

All in all, a very nice econo-box that’ll give her about 24 mpg around town, and about 33 on the road.

She’s thrilled, and that's what's important.
Attached Images    
Old 02-16-2014, 09:51 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

The Rogue in the photos looks like it has a manual transmission. Did you get that or did you go with the CVT? (BTW, you have an interesting typing style, double spacing and starting a new paragraph with each new sentence.)
Old 02-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Cool story.

Nice new ride.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Hameister
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mpuzach
The Rogue in the photos looks like it has a manual transmission. Did you get that or did you go with the CVT? (BTW, you have an interesting typing style, double spacing and starting a new paragraph with each new sentence.)
Nice catch, most folks would never see that. Yes that is a stick, and the one I bought for my wife is an automatic CVT.

Hers has a lighted console with the slot for P-R-N-D etc. Other than that, the interior is identical.

I took a couple of photos of the car today, which I think are better than the ones I posted yesterday from the Net.

I use the professional interior shot because I don't have a super wide angle lens, and could never capture such a wide interior snap.

As for my typing style, I started doing that many years ago for technical articles which are much easier to read, and absorb when printed in that manner. I guess it just carried over.

It's like anything else, some folks will like it and others won't.
Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2014, 08:24 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14
Default rogue

Originally Posted by Hameister
You are very welcome, I really enjoyed experiencing it, and thanks to all for the comments.

Here's a follow-up...

We just got back from the dealer a little while ago. I can now see why my wife wanted that car.

It’s really a beautiful piece of work, no kidding!

I was amazed at the fit & finish, and the attention to detail. Better than the 2011 Maxima, and I thought that was well done.

I attached these photos from the Net rather than bothering with the camera, because these photos are identical to the car I bought.

The pearlized white paint is beautiful, and the 2 tone, charcoal and almond leather interior compliments it beautifully.

I bought it with the same alloy wheels you see in the photos, and the higher end Dunlop tires.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the SL package included the double almond colored pin striping down the sides. That’s a nice added touch.

Lots of electronic gadgets to go bad, and a nice 7.5” color screen to display it all.

The GPS NAV system is sooooo far advanced compared to the one in my ‘vette.

The rear view camera is awesome for backing into tight spaces, with animated colored guide bars to show you the cars projected track as you move the wheel.....very cool!

I was also surprised at the ride. Much more comfortable that I expected out of a short wheelbase, high center of gravity vehicle.

It feels very much like any mid-sized car, Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.

In fact, the only down side to it is the engine, that looks like it came out of a sewing machine. 2.5L 175 hp 4 banger.

Oh, it runs smoothly, and it’s quiet, just has no *****.

I haven’t timed 0 to 60, it’s probably around 9 or 10 seconds, but feels like a 1/2 hour.

I suspect it’ll get a little better after it’s broken in, because it feels very tight.

All in all, a very nice econo-box that’ll give her about 24 mpg around town, and about 33 on the road.

She’s thrilled, and that's what's important.
real nice interior,we had an altima SL loved the interior too,good dependable cars
Old 02-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Snake.Oiler
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13,'14,'15,'16,'18,'19-'20,'22,'24

At least it wasn't a Juke. Corvette looks great.

Get notified of new replies

To New Car!!!

Quick Reply: New Car!!!