C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:38 AM
luckyj
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dash Lights

For some reason my dash lights did not come on when I started my 2007 Vette this morning. It was 50 deg. in the garage and 32 deg. outside and extremely sunny. I think this is the coldest I have ever driven my Vette. After a couple of blocks they came on and came on and the next time I started the Vette they came on. Would temperature have cause this? Anyone have any ideas? All seems OK now. Thanks.

Jim
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by luckyj
For some reason my dash lights did not come on when I started my 2007 Vette this morning. It was 50 deg. in the garage and 32 deg. outside and extremely sunny. I think this is the coldest I have ever driven my Vette. After a couple of blocks they came on and came on and the next time I started the Vette they came on. Would temperature have cause this? Anyone have any ideas? All seems OK now. Thanks.

Jim
check and see if your head lights come on. You may have the photocell on the dash covered or may not be functioning correctly. Could also have the head lights not set to AUTO
Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Whenever anything electrical/electronic begins acting wierd the first thing to do is reboot the car's computerts by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting. Never fails to amaze me how many gremlins reported here simply disappear after a reboot. Try it.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,507 Likes on 820 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by luckyj

Jim
could this be the dimming caused by the headlights turning on automatically?

Get notified of new replies

To Dash Lights

Quick Reply: Dash Lights