C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MacMulkin Chevy/Caddy Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 05:16 PM
ZO6TrailblazerSS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MacMulkin Chevy/Caddy Review

Hey everyone, just writing a quick review of MacMulkin Chevy in Nashua, NH. I just purchased a 2013 GrandSport 2LT (Cyber Gray/Red Two tone, black rims) from these guys and I have to say from beginning to end, the experience was flawless. The guys there (Tommy Jr and Ron) worked with me for over two weeks. They showed me every single color combo I was interested in and the various options each individual car had. This was my third purchase from MacMulkin over the last ten years and every experience I have had there has been outstanding. Scott in service literally makes you feel like you could trust him with your Vette for a month! I have had a 2002 C5 ZO6 for almost ten years and these are the only guys I will bring it to for any major service. If anyone is remotely considering grabbing a C6 while they are left, I strongly urge you to consider MacMulkin. The day I was there, there was a gentleman from NY that drove up with a trade and Tommy was processing other orders for out of state people the whole day. I am lucky to have these guys 30 mins from my house! I'll post up some pics later- the weather here and what has been going on in Boston has been nuts. I have learned a lot on this forum over the years and am looking forward to many more to come!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

I grabbed my 1LT coupe from MacMulkin in February. Tommy Jr. was really great to work with. The courtesy delivery down here in Texas was flawless! I actually enjoyed this car buying experience! Keep up the great work Tommy.....and I know he will.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6TrailblazerSS
Hey everyone, just writing a quick review of MacMulkin Chevy in Nashua, NH. I just purchased a 2013 GrandSport 2LT (Cyber Gray/Red Two tone, black rims) from these guys and I have to say from beginning to end, the experience was flawless. The guys there (Tommy Jr and Ron) worked with me for over two weeks. They showed me every single color combo I was interested in and the various options each individual car had. This was my third purchase from MacMulkin over the last ten years and every experience I have had there has been outstanding. Scott in service literally makes you feel like you could trust him with your Vette for a month! I have had a 2002 C5 ZO6 for almost ten years and these are the only guys I will bring it to for any major service. If anyone is remotely considering grabbing a C6 while they are left, I strongly urge you to consider MacMulkin. The day I was there, there was a gentleman from NY that drove up with a trade and Tommy was processing other orders for out of state people the whole day. I am lucky to have these guys 30 mins from my house! I'll post up some pics later- the weather here and what has been going on in Boston has been nuts. I have learned a lot on this forum over the years and am looking forward to many more to come!
Congrats and good luck. When were you there. I bought my '13 GS from Tommy Jr last Friday ( the 12th ) and I am from N.Y. and did drive my trade in up there. I had a torch red '12 coupe. Was it me?

Last edited by red2012; 04-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM
hpclj
Instructor

Totally agree with the OP. Got my 2013 GS from Tommy last Saturday and the whole process was seemless.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM
73firebird
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tommy JR was great with my vette also.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
PO10TIAL
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up my 2013 GS Vert from Tommy Jr, there is none better .....
Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 PM
red2012
Safety Car

He's also a blast to hang out with. When me and my gf went up last week to pick up the car all we did was laugh and crack jokes all day. Most of the paperwork was already done by FED EX during the week so we had little to do. After about a hour of fooling around he says to me 'don't you want to see your new car' I said 'I know what it looks like I'm having more fun goofing off with you. He says we got all day if you like I have no other deliveries today. Thats the type of guy he is.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:25 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I have bought four from Tommy...you cannot beat his pricing or his integrity...my first purchase was over the phone basically. I had tried to purchase an 08 from the NJ big guy...when I called down to put a deposit on the car..they told me in no uncertain terms...we dont take CC numbers over the phone..and when I said I would over night a check..they said again..nope...if the car is here when you get here you can buy it. Now I am south of Boston and its a heck of a trip down to them to risk getting a car that might not be there...needless to say..I was not happy. Someone said..call Tommy Jr at MacMulkin..I called, he had the exact same car in stock, with a lower price, when I told him I wanted it and would he take my credit card for a deposit, he replied..if you want the car its yours, period. I said I did and two days later when I got up to his place the car was on the floor with my name on the sold tag....now you tell me ..who would you rather do business with....Now..3 cars later...did you hear that NJ big boys...Tommy set up my owners build tour at the plant, made sure the car got up to him in less than a week after it was built and I am one satisfied customer. I don't usually open my mouth and recommend anyone because you never know how things will go with other people but I do not hesitate to say..you cannot go wrong with a deal from Tommy Jr. He does not spend big buck advertising like some others but he is either number one or two in sales in the country I believe....he does a lot of courtesy deliverys to out of state buyers...he knows his stuff...., so to all you fellow customers of his...good luck with your cars and when its time...see him again...he has a large allotment of C7s and is not marking up the prices like some others are...be safe all.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 AM
gwalsh88
Burning Brakes

Received 803 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
when I told him I wanted it and would he take my credit card for a deposit, he replied..if you want the car its yours, period. I said I did and two days later when I got up to his place the car was on the floor with my name on the sold tag
This is exactly what happened to me when I bought my 2005 from Tommy.
I live in Florida and spoke with him over the phone. I said I wanted the car and would fly up from Florida that weekend. I then said do you want a CC number for the deposit and he said "are you coming up on Saturday?" Of course I said yes and then he said "the car will be here see you Saturday."

When I got there on Saturday the car had already been detailed and was ready to go.

My second purchase of my 2012 GS went just as smooth. When I'm ready for a C7, I'm going to Tommy.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:18 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Someone said..call Tommy Jr at MacMulkin..I called, he had the exact same car in stock, with a lower price, when I told him I wanted it and would he take my credit card for a deposit, he replied..if you want the car its yours, period. I said I did and two days later when I got up to his place the car was on the floor with my name on the sold tag....now you tell me ..who would you rather do business with....
Exact same scenario with me. I called on a Monday to inquire about a certain car and in a matter of 15 minutes I had the price, he told me what he would give me on my trade ( I accepted ) and a deal was struck. I told him I cant come up till the following FRIDAY but I can leave you a deposit. Just like you guys he said absolutely not your car will be here and ready when you come in two weeks. AND it was. All the paperwork was done overnight by FED EX, he got me my loan in 1HR @ 1.84% and everything was done. Class guy all around. He has my business for life!

Last edited by red2012; 04-21-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Congrats Tommy & Ron
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I had tried to purchase from the NJ big guy

Someone said..call Tommy Jr at MacMulkin..I called, he had the exact same car in stock, with a lower price, when I told him I wanted it and would he take my credit card for a deposit, he replied..if you want the car its yours, period.

This was my exact experience, in sequence, as well. When I decided to purchase a new Vette I did the typical internet shopping as well as searching this forum. My first call was to the NJ big guy and I got their price quote with dealer fee, and the mandatory sales tax collection. I did not like the idea of having to pay this out of state sales tax to the dealer to then send it to my home state, as I wanted to write the check to my states DMV, in person. Yes I know the sales tax cost would be the same dollar amount either way, but whatever.

Fast forward, I found the exact same spec'd Vette at MacMulkins website and called Tommy Jr and the car was about $500 cheaper, no dealer fee, and no mandatory sales tax collection, AND came with a 15 day temp NH plate free. I told Tommy over the phone I will buy this car but due to my work schedule I wouldn't be able to arrive for another month. Tommys response - No problem. And I too did NOT have to wire money or place any kind of down payment to hold this car, even knowing it would be a month before I could pick it up. Tommy held this Vette for me with just a phone call and he didn't know me from Adam. As this month wait got close I told him the date and time I'd be there to hand him the check for the full purchase price. He asked if I wanted the plastic left on the seats, I say yes please. I also told him I have two requests - I did not want the dealership sticker put on it (like many dealers place on the back bumper) and I also did not want the crappy factory front licence plate bracket installed. His response was that he doesn't do either of those things with any Vette he sells. Every Vette is stored INDOORS until sold. It is the things like this that told me this man and this dealership totaly has their shitt together. Tommy Jr does all the Vette sales at MaC Mulkin, so when you call you only deal with one man. He sells around 300 Vettes a year, himself.

There are probably several dozen threads every few months here at CF from buyers who are very pleased with their purchase from Tommy at MaC Mulkin. There a good reason for this. There's a saying in relation to good products, something along the lines of "good stuff sells itself". In this case it is a service, a good service, and I think the same saying applies. By that I mean look, Tommy is a forum member here but you rarely see him post, and when he does it's in the dealer inventory. You never see daily posts of every Vette he sells. Good stuff sells itself.

Lastly, I'll tell you why I just spent a half hour of my time writing up this post - Because other members did the same months ago speaking of Tommy in high regards and I feel I benefited from that, so I am trying to do my part and return the favor for someone out there reading this who is getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Vette.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

Congrats on your new GS..
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Willytrash
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just bought one from Tommy myself. I don't think I would have bought a car over the phone from anybody else. After hearing what everybody else said about how trouble free the buying experience is from MacMulkin/Tommy really is I went for it. Here is a picture of my 2013, it's the one on the right. OK forget the picture.

Last edited by Willytrash; 04-21-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Picture wouldn't upload
Old 04-21-2013, 08:39 PM
ZO6TrailblazerSS
Instructor

Originally Posted by red2012
Congrats and good luck. When were you there. I bought my '13 GS from Tommy Jr last Friday ( the 12th ) and I am from N.Y. and did drive my trade in up there. I had a torch red '12 coupe. Was it me?
Did you trade in the black C6? I was there with my wife when you pulled in if so!

Here are some pics of the C6 and my ugly mug!

Last edited by ZO6TrailblazerSS; 04-21-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Bought my GS from Tommy one year ago via phone ad Fed Ex. Flawless and painless experience. I wall definitely buy m next Vette from Tommy!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Bought my 2LT NRB GS coupe from Tommy in March. 4 hour ride. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Get notified of new replies

To MacMulkin Chevy/Caddy Review

Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

I wish I would have gone there instead of where I did. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from dealing with that dealership. Next time I'll drive to MacMulkin for sure. Nice write up.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by beaversstonehaven
I grabbed my 1LT coupe from MacMulkin in February. Tommy Jr. was really great to work with. The courtesy delivery down here in Texas was flawless! I actually enjoyed this car buying experience! Keep up the great work Tommy.....and I know he will.
Just curious as to what the delivery to TX cost and the TX dealer charges.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Willytrash
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Texas dealer charge? You're not dealing with a Texas dealer. Just MacMulkin/Tommy. The charge for Intercity shipping from Nashua NH to Milwaukee Wisconsin was $1195, so probably a little more to Texas.

Quick Reply: MacMulkin Chevy/Caddy Review