C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19x12 on a C6 with no wide body fenders

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:10 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 19x12 on a C6 with no wide body fenders

Im looking for pics of 19x12 with 325/30 tires on a c5/6 with no wide body fenders.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

They stick out and look terrible
Old 06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
CWHPARTS
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

They fit ok on the rear of a c5. We do it all the time. They will stick out past the fender lip about a 1/4''. But they stick out way to much on a c6 ive seen several people do it anyway and destroy the quarters when the suspension compresses. Smashing the tires into the quarters and cracking them or even ripping chunks out.

The c6 rear widebody conversions are pretty inexpensive.

YOUR CORVETTE SUPERSTORE SINCE 1988

CORVETTE WORLD HOUSTON

281-821-1222

http://corvetteworldhouston.com/
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by COHPARTS
They fit ok on the rear of a c5. We do it all the time. They will stick out past the fender lip about a 1/4''. But they stick out way to much on a c6 ive seen several people do it anyway and destroy the quarters when the suspension compresses. Smashing the tires into the quarters and cracking them or even ripping chunks out.

The c6 rear widebody conversions are pretty inexpensive.
Aren't the fenders brand new like 2000
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by brooklync5
You can keep ur opinions to ur self thx.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want to run 325's on the rear I suggest you use properly sized wheels. You can run Z06 size tires on a stock body C6...I used 11" rear rims with the correct offset allowing use of 325 tires...without sticking out excessively and without risking damage to your car. CCW is well known for making wheels to do this. Not only do I prefer CCW wheels but John is a fitment expert.

Originally Posted by brooklync5

Besides looking horrible there's a good chance of damage to the car. I don't have the pic handy but I could show you a stock body C6 using the wrong size wheels/tires and both quarter panels were cracked.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Mikev078
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UmX
Aren't the fenders brand new like 2000
I ordered mine painted from RPI Designs during the Memorial Day sale. It was something like $1700 and change shipped. Mine should be arriving here in the next week or so. Will post pictures when I have them installed.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Wayne O
If you want to run 325's on the rear I suggest you use properly sized wheels. You can run Z06 size tires on a stock body C6...I used 11" rear rims with the correct offset allowing use of 325 tires...without sticking out excessively and without risking damage to your car. CCW is well known for making wheels to do this. Not only do I prefer CCW wheels but John is a fitment expert.

Besides looking horrible there's a good chance of damage to the car. I don't have the pic handy but I could show you a stock body C6 using the wrong size wheels/tires and both quarter panels were cracked.
Well i was looking at another guy thread selling zr1 rims that are 19x12 with tires why this is brought up. Dont they sell those fenders add ons or w.e i saw them but are they cheap? id just mode the sobs to the stock on for now lol
Edit: nevermind they look totally gay (fender flares)

This doesn't look to bad imo

Last edited by UmX; 06-15-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM
JLMounce
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayno O is correct, but you won't be able to do it with the knock off wheels from suppliers around here. To do it properly you've got to have the correct offset, which means pushing the extra meat inward towards the center of the car.

There's easily a good 2, 2 1/2 winches to work with on the inner side of the fender well.

Most wheel manufacturers that can do custom offsets offer a measuring tool and guide on their sites. Here you can measure the offset that you need to go that wide while still keeping the wheel under the body and not outside of it.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JLMounce
Wayno O is correct, but you won't be able to do it with the knock off wheels from suppliers around here. To do it properly you've got to have the correct offset, which means pushing the extra meat inward towards the center of the car.

There's easily a good 2, 2 1/2 winches to work with on the inner side of the fender well.

Most wheel manufacturers that can do custom offsets offer a measuring tool and guide on their sites. Here you can measure the offset that you need to go that wide while still keeping the wheel under the body and not outside of it.
ahh nice to know. What type of offset would be needed to run a 12in wheel with a 325?
Then im guessing if i ever did fender i would need to either get spacers or new wheels right?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
JLMounce
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UmX
ahh nice to know. What type of offset would be needed to run a 12in wheel with a 325?
I haven't measured myself so that I'm not sure of. Give this diagram a once over. You can measure the offset you need with just a few simple tools.

There are also wheel fitment tools you can use that mimic where the wheel will be. However those get kind of expensive.

http://www.ccwheel.com/incs/technica...surements.html

Yes on the new wheels or spacers if you ever decide to do a widebody conversion. So that's probably something you should decide on first.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
UmX
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JLMounce
I haven't measured myself so that I'm not sure of. Give this diagram a once over. You can measure the offset you need with just a few simple tools.

There are also wheel fitment tools you can use that mimic where the wheel will be. However those get kind of expensive.

http://www.ccwheel.com/incs/technica...surements.html

Yes on the new wheels or spacers if you ever decide to do a widebody conversion. So that's probably something you should decide on first.
think i understand it a lil bit.. like right i think i got Size

18x8.5 & 19X10
Offset

+56 & +68
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 PM
ZoomnC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it look right with wide rear?

Get notified of new replies

To 19x12 on a C6 with no wide body fenders

Quick Reply: 19x12 on a C6 with no wide body fenders