C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I swear they were doing it on purpose

Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
No pun intended
I was wondering if anyone would catch on to that.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverblue
She is indeed Carlisle Blue and don't laugh, That color is getting me free admission to "Corvettes at Carlisle" this year...
I think its a great color. To me one of the MOST beautiful Corvettes is a 2012 Carlisle Blue GS.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:21 PM
MaverickOrig
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackcasual
It's everywhere. I'm driving back from New Orleans 2 weeks ago. Been following 2 cars for over an hour. Making good time. A Mini pulls in between me and one of the cars,there was barely room. I had to hit brakes not to run into the Mini. The cars I had been following move on ahead. The Mini stays right beside the semi we were passing.We finally get by and the Mini stays in the fast lane. When there was plenty of room I go to pass Mini on right. The Mini speeds up,I laugh,stay in 6th gear and pass Mini. I get back in fast lane to pass next semi.The Mini catches up with me and turns on bright lites.I'm like WTF and get over to right lane,so does the Mini. I speed up,so does Mini,I slow down Mini slows down.I pass next vehicle pull over so Mini cant get behind me. Mini pulls in front of me and hits brakes.I got off at next exit to get away from him.People are crazy!!
Don't risk your car or your life.

Record the license plate number/state, call the police(911) and report road rage. Be willing to go on the record with the police.

I've had police call me back and thank me because I actually gave them a plate number, telling me that the driver had been doing it a number of times recently.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM
purvistechie
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a lot a good guys and gals driving truck out there that are just trying to do their thing and get to tomorrow, just like you.

They are no better and no worse than in any other walk of life. I would say that overall people are just not as nice to each other as they once were, why would truck drivers be any different? How many times have you heard that all Corvette drivers are a$$ holes? We know that's not true, but there certainly are a few, right?

You have no idea what it takes to put a rig down the road unless you've done it. Driving decisions are made on a completely different set of rules than 4 wheelers (cars). I did it for a living once, I know. Judging their actions based only on what YOU know doesn't necessarily apply.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience, think of all the trucks that you pass on a daily basis and never had as much as a thought about them? Do the math people. There are a heck of a lot more good than bad, you just don't see anyone posting about it. Do an internet search for "truck driver saved my life". I can tell you, not all truck drivers are bad.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 PM
LSD 2005
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnodrake
When that happens to me, and it has, I call the State Police. They get bored too and love to chase down errant truckers.
That's what I do
Old 04-18-2013, 06:32 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,558 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Boot
Its the young people texting that got me (young lady that is ) on my HD a few years ago.
I was once behind a car on the interstate that was weaving so bad, I was convinced the driver had to be wasted. So, I pull up long side and glance in. What do I see??

A girl about 20 years old, texting with two cell phones at the same time (one in each had), while steering with the inside of her forearms...

Scared the CRAP outta me...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu

no one said brake checking...that would be retarded and dangerous. I just get in front of them and play oblivious and just slow down by coasting.
Exactly..........I didn't say anything about getting in front of them and standing on the brake pedal...........
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

911 is your friend in this situation. Sounds to me like that lone truck had a driver that was drunk - and I'd mention that to the police.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Ozarkwoods
Racer

Originally Posted by demon vette
you are being paranoid. truckers always get blamed for this bs. first of all, few truckers even talk on cb radios anymore. almost everyone is on cell phones constantly. secondly, cars don't own the road. these drivers must get out to pass when the opportunity allows, otherwise they loose valueable road speed that can take miles to recover. how long does it take you to recover? seconds? lastly, when a truck comes over (when there is no one he is following) is usually for a valid reason. emergency vehicle on the shoulder, lane restriction, debris on the road or any number of reasons. I am not suggesting that impeding the flow of traffic intentionaly never happens but usually these guys and gals only will do it in reaction to a car doing something stupid or dangerous. cut these guys some slack, they work extremely long hours and tolerate more crap from discurtious cars than you can imagine. 80 to 90 percent of the stuff you own including your car was hauled by a truck
Listen I call BS, This happens more then you want to believe. I was driving a Supra home years ago I had the same thing happen to me while on I 40 thought the same thing the OP thought must be a just a coincidence. Then I had a truck change lanes from the right to the left lane and stay there....when I went to pass him on the right he changed lanes and put me on the shoulder....I hit my brakes and got back in the left lane and he went back in the left lane...I waited a mile or two and again I passed in the right lane but this time I kicked in the twin turbos...again he came in the right lane...but I was up to his door when I had to go over into the bit of the shoulder....yeah I could have called the Texas State Patrol...but then I would have to come back and testify also....There was no truck or car in front of him. So don't fill us up with oh give them a break crap. There are great drivers out there but there are many that love to play their games on long boring drives across Texas, or the US as far as that goes.

Last edited by Ozarkwoods; 04-18-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM
VetteTico
Instructor

I'll never forget one time coming up on a couple of trucks - one of them moved into my lane to slow me down. Both of them blocked my way for a quarter-mile and thanks to them I avoided getting a ticket from a trooper who was waiting on an off-ramp. There are good ones out there too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I swear they were doing it on purpose