C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for dealer service in Seattle/Tacoma area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Recommendations for dealer service in Seattle/Tacoma area?

Any advice appreciated, good or bad experiences.. I will be needing oil changes (dry sump) and a couple of little interior fixes on my 2012 GS M6.

I have read the recent thread concerning an oil change on a dry sump engine...

Car is under CPO warranty, and I know some dealer service depts are better than others! Already had a "less then good" experience with a certain Chevy dealer on South Tacoma Way, I walked out before they could work on the car...

Thanks in advance..
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Lead Foot 66
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

If you are at all handy, do it yourself. There are detailed instructions in the C6 Z06 forum. Just don't take it to one of those quickie oil change places.

I do all my own oil changes and the dry sump is no problem at all; just follow instructions.

Now if you want to have your '12 serviced, our Club sponsor is Lee Johnson Chevrolet in Kirkland and they do know how to work on the Corvettes. Had an "oil pan" gasket replaced there under warranty and they were great to work with and did a good job.

Good luck with your Corvette.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:19 PM
festone
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also recommend Lee Johnson. Have been using them for my C5 and C6 for 12 years now. One bad experience with the C5 but overall they seem to know Corvettes and appreciate how much we like our cars. Tom Mulholland is the service advisor that I have always used.

Good luck.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

back in mar., '12, bluedevil99 also recommended Lee Johnson.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
XmentalPilot
Drifting

Location: "Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am in Tacoma...I have had Corvettes serviced at Parkland, then Titus when they took over. Titus did the oil change on my 11 GS and did OK. I also had them deal with a warranty issue (crack) on my transpearant targa roof and they totally fuxed up the new panel when they transfered the hardware over. My 06 'vert was bought at a dealer up in King Co. and it was inconvenient to return to them for service/warranty issues... So, I stopped in at Gilchrest Chev's service department and introduced myself... asked them if they would take care of me and they said "no problem!" 5 years of service and several warranty issues.. I always talked to the same service writer named Jennifer... she was awesone and did tons of research on TSB and any recall stuff. I never had a problem with them... and will be taking my 427 to them when the time comes for service. Go see Jennifer...

Ooops... i see you've had a bad experience with these guys... sorry!! I'll still take my car to them... since Parkland was sold to Titus, I know some of the service writers are now in So. Tacoma.... maybe you were dealing with one of them. All I know is when you are lucky enough to find a service writer you can really communicate with... take care of them and they'll take care of you!

Last edited by XmentalPilot; 04-16-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: dummy me, didn't read the op all the wat through!!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Jimailer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've taken both me vette's to Auburn Chevrolet with no problem. But if you looking for people who know corvettes stop by Corvettes of Auburm on 3ed street. You'll find there address on the Tocoma corvette culb web site...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 66
If you are at all handy, do it yourself....I do all my own oil changes and the dry sump is no problem at all; just follow instructions....Now if you want to have your '12 serviced, our Club sponsor is Lee Johnson Chevrolet in Kirkland and they do know how to work on the Corvettes. Had an "oil pan" gasket replaced there under warranty and they were great to work with and did a good job.

Good luck with your Corvette.
Thanks! I built '72 from the ground up, so yes I can handle changing the oil in the '12, but its under warranty, so may as well let the dealer pay for the routine service...

Originally Posted by XmentalPilot
I am in Tacoma...I have had Corvettes serviced at Parkland, then Titus when they took over. Titus did the oil change on my 11 GS and did OK. I also had them deal with a warranty issue (crack) on my transpearant targa roof and they totally fuxed up the new panel when they transfered the hardware over. My 06 'vert was bought at a dealer up in King Co. and it was inconvenient to return to them for service/warranty issues... So, I stopped in at Gilchrest Chev's service department and introduced myself... asked them if they would take care of me and they said "no problem!" 5 years of service and several warranty issues.. I always talked to the same service writer named Jennifer... she was awesone and did tons of research on TSB and any recall stuff. I never had a problem with them... and will be taking my 427 to them when the time comes for service. Go see Jennifer...

Ooops... i see you've had a bad experience with these guys... sorry!! I'll still take my car to them... since Parkland was sold to Titus, I know some of the service writers are now in So. Tacoma.... maybe you were dealing with one of them. All I know is when you are lucky enough to find a service writer you can really communicate with... take care of them and they'll take care of you!
It WAS a communication issue. Had a small issue with the rear latch to the transparent top, stopped in just to have the tech take a quick look, was told by the writer, they were too busy to step out to the parking lot. Then I asked to simply speak to a tech (I was going to fix it myself, but I had a question), so the writer took me to the "Vette tech" in the service bay, I explained my small issue, and he looked at me and said, "I don't work on Vettes enough, so I'm not familiar, go talk to that tech over there, he's the Vette man!", so we walked 2 bays over, I asked the same question about the latch, and he said "why are you talking to me, I don't know anything about those tops"...VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!! I left. Next time I'll ask for Jennifer.

Had my 07 serviced at Parkland (Titus) and was OK with them...

Originally Posted by Jimailer
I've taken both me vette's to Auburn Chevrolet with no problem. But if you looking for people who know corvettes stop by Corvettes of Auburm on 3ed street. You'll find there address on the Tocoma corvette culb web site...
Thanks. I have also used Jet, they are a little closer to Gig Harbor..

Thanks guys, I may also try Grey Chevrolet, its just up the road in Port Orchard. Small dealership, but I'll ask the right questions before turning them loose!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Stockcar Axeman
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't go wrong with Corvettes of Auburn. They know Corvettes and can handle any problem with them.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Rustysocket
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little bit of a drive, but I have had good service from Speedway in Monroe.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 AM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stockcar Axeman
You can't go wrong with Corvettes of Auburn. They know Corvettes and can handle any problem with them.
Got your PM, will respond. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rustysocket
Little bit of a drive, but I have had good service from Speedway in Monroe.
I bought my '07 from Joe! Good people up there!

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendations for dealer service in Seattle/Tacoma area?

Quick Reply: Recommendations for dealer service in Seattle/Tacoma area?