C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone that has painted a ZO6 air intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 PM
RDMonte
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone that has painted a ZO6 air intake ?

I've seen a couple of pictures floating around of people modding the stock LS3 intake and color paint matching it to their car. Any special paint you are doing for this? Did you have it sprayed at a booth? Any gotcha's after the fact that you learned (chipping, running, etc..?)

Have a Z06 air intake (not manifold) arriving from another member on here and was curious to match it to my car. Thought it might look good.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:13 PM
RDY2RYD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What color are you looking for, I have a CRM ?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Just had it done about a month ago, took it, FRC, and LS3 skull cap from the intake to them for paint. Local body shop that I have used for years, these guys really know their stuff, they "baked" the plastic parts several times to get the oils out of it, then prepped the surface, used adhesion promoter then primer, paint, and clear coats. I am very happy with the results, all done for $325.

Check with your insurance agent as to what body shop they recommend for newer cars, they will tell you who does great work. The rest is telling them paint codes, after you decide how you want it to look of course. Good luck! Go for it!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
v1 rot8
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Shysterman69

Just had it done about a month ago, took it, FRC, and LS3 skull cap from the intake to them for paint. Local body shop that I have used for years, these guys really know their stuff, they "baked" the plastic parts several times to get the oils out of it, then prepped the surface, used adhesion promoter then primer, paint, and clear coats. I am very happy with the results, all done for $325.

Check with your insurance agent as to what body shop they recommend for newer cars, they will tell you who does great work. The rest is telling them paint codes, after you decide how you want it to look of course. Good luck! Go for it!!!
Looks good

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone that has painted a ZO6 air intake ?

Quick Reply: Anyone that has painted a ZO6 air intake ?