C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My COW review (Brutally honest and NOT a fight/bash thread!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:31 AM
REVAK
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Not true. Oh, and don't forget the accelerated piston ring wear.
True only if the actual running temp is 160*. LS engines with stock rad. will consistently run @ 176*to 180* with a 160* stat , which is optimum . Which is why numerous engine builders and tuners specify their use. Incidentally , GM offers a 160*stat for the LS engines .
Old 04-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 192 Likes on 98 Posts

Best Mod I have to date... Love my Cow Tune!!!!!!!!!!

Your review is exactly what I experienced. A true professional and a great guy!!!!!!!!

By the way, that rough shift when you slow down and then accel, is normal with the tune. I still get it once in a while, but I believe it is nothing to worry about...

Had my tune done a year ago...

Steve
Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by Formula52
Best Mod I have to date... Love my Cow Tune!!!!!!!!!!

Your review is exactly what I experienced. A true professional and a great guy!!!!!!!!

By the way, that rough shift when you slow down and then accel, is normal with the tune. I still get it once in a while, but I believe it is nothing to worry about...

Had my tune done a year ago...

Steve

Thank you EVERYONE!

It's always nice to see sooo many people enjoying what we offer here.

Thanks again!
Chuck CoW
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Thank you EVERYONE!

It's always nice to see sooo many people enjoying what we offer here.

Thanks again!
Chuck CoW
still lovin it chuck!!

and thanks formula, that's what i thought but it's nice to hear that from someone who's had it for a while.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM
etaylor14
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I drove 710mi. to Chuck's shop on Monday to have 3:42 gears installed. That should say plenty about the quality of Chucks work!! If you guys that have the stat.tune,booster love how it wakes up the car;try adding the 3:42s like I just did. It totally changes the dynamics. It was a fun ride home!! (07 base)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Ferocious C6
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etaylor14
I drove 710mi. to Chuck's shop on Monday to have 3:42 gears installed. That should say plenty about the quality of Chucks work!! If you guys that have the stat.tune,booster love how it wakes up the car;try adding the 3:42s like I just did. It totally changes the dynamics. It was a fun ride home!! (07 base)
I could fly 14,000 miles to attend a ponzi-scheme meeting. Does that attest for the quality of meeting, the stupidity of the traveler, or possibly neither?
Distance traveled means nothing in terms of attesting to quality. Just saying.
Carry on with being amazed by what any tune will do.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Smooth72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When Chuck tuned in Oklahoma in association with the NCCO show he had people drive from 3 surrounding states to get tuned from him. A couple had gotten tunes somewhere else and he was able to fix them. One came because his dad and other friends had gotten a tune from Chuck. All said it was worth the trip. Chuck gets many of naysayers from people who have never used him. I have used him and I am very pleased.
He will be back in Oklahoma in June, so if that is closer to anyone at the same time you can attend a great show.

NCCO show flyer----->http://www.badimagegraphics.com/files/2013nccoLarge.pdf
Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Ferocious C6
Pro

There are plenty of bad tuners out there. It's easy to tune WOT, a monkey could. Drivability isn't easy to achieve like stock, especially when modified.
But it's not a miracle, either, and if you drive from surrounding states, that's nice and all, but you can usually find a tuner who is at least as good as Chuck, closer. But if they're happy, that's what matters.
But again, most people on here would be busy looking for the transmission dipstick on the car and mistake the oil dipstick for it, so I don't trust anything most people here say. Especially if your corvette is covered in tacky chrome pieces.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Smooth72
Drifting

Been wrenching on cars for close to 40 years, back in the days when cars had carburetors, with jets in them and distributors with points in them so I am pretty familiar with cars. Except for a alignment job Chuck is the only person who has worked on my vette besides my son in-law and I. If I thought that I could buy a tuner and tune it myself I would have, but there is no way I could come close to how much experience and knowledge he has. As said before there will always be naysayers, especially on the web. I am just always amazed how some feel the need to go negative on something they have never experienced. If you do experience Chuck you will be amazed how much time he will spend on your car to get not only a custom tune but a personal tune to your likings.

My build: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...extreme-6.html
Old 04-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocious C6
There are plenty of bad tuners out there. It's easy to tune WOT, a monkey could. Drivability isn't easy to achieve like stock, especially when modified.
But it's not a miracle, either, and if you drive from surrounding states, that's nice and all, but you can usually find a tuner who is at least as good as Chuck, closer. But if they're happy, that's what matters.
But again, most people on here would be busy looking for the transmission dipstick on the car and mistake the oil dipstick for it, so I don't trust anything most people here say. Especially if your corvette is covered in tacky chrome pieces.
Yes there are plenty of bad tuners and Chuck is NOT one of them in my and many others experiences, I also think that blanket statements based on nothing are truly useless ie: "most people on here would be busy looking for the transmission dipstick on the car and mistake the oil dipstick for it"

There are also those on this forum that do a lot of the wrenching on their cars themselves and can even take them apart and put them together again...if they so chose...

As for choosing one person or company over another that's the whole point of customer service or a lack thereof...all Apple does is make computers and MP3 players and tablet computers...many others do the same thing...the difference is they do it BETTER....

I trust the opinions of those who have used a particular product or service, anything else is opinion based on nothing
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Ferocious C6
Pro

Originally Posted by bkazepis
Yes there are plenty of bad tuners and Chuck is NOT one of them in my and many others experiences, I also think that blanket statements based on nothing are truly useless ie: "most people on here would be busy looking for the transmission dipstick on the car and mistake the oil dipstick for it"

There are also those on this forum that do a lot of the wrenching on their cars themselves and can even take them apart and put them together again...if they so chose...

As for choosing one person or company over another that's the whole point of customer service or a lack thereof...all Apple does is make computers and MP3 players and tablet computers...many others do the same thing...the difference is they do it BETTER....

I trust the opinions of those who have used a particular product or service, anything else is opinion based on nothing
It's only a blanket statement for this site, and a true one. Yes, there are people on here that do their own work. They are usually in the z06 section. But I am generalizing based on how many people I have seen here whose solution to any issue is, "dealer". Or people who can't figure out simple issues, or screw up something like a catback installation.
It's a generational thing. As the corvette gets cheaper, the people who actually know cars can start to afford them. And so as time goes on, the c6 will have better members. Now, not so much.

And I'm happy you trust people who have used it, but I can bring up the Ponzi scheme. A whole bunch of people trusted that and recommended that, but what happened in the end? Everyone, except those involved, got screwed. That's why I don't listen to people who have no idea what they're talking about, no matter how many people say something good. It's like multiplying by zero. You can have ten thousand with zero experience vouch, but you still end up with zero.

Like I said, I'm not bashing chuck and I'm not shying people away, I'm just laughing at the humor in this situation.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

And I'm happy you trust people who have used it, but I can bring up the Ponzi scheme. A whole bunch of people trusted that and recommended that, but what happened in the end? Everyone, except those involved, got screwed. That's why I don't listen to people who have no idea what they're talking about, no matter how many people say something good. It's like multiplying by zero. You can have ten thousand with zero experience vouch, but you still end up with zero.

Like I said, I'm not bashing chuck and I'm not shying people away, I'm just laughing at the humor in this situation.
I honestly don't know what the heck you said...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Smooth72
Drifting

Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thanks Pal!

Originally Posted by etaylor14
Thanks Pal... Glad you like my 3.42 A6 ATTACK PACKAGE!

Always a pleasure to have you super nice "southern guys" make the ride up to see us!

Thanks again!
Chuck CoW
Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by REVAK
True only if the actual running temp is 160*. LS engines with stock rad. will consistently run @ 176*to 180* with a 160* stat , which is optimum . Which is why numerous engine builders and tuners specify their use. Incidentally , GM offers a 160*stat for the LS engines .
So why didn't it come that way from the factory if it makes such a difference? You would think GM's highly paid engineers would've discovered their motor was suffering from heat soak and would've done something, especially if it's as simple as a thermostat and reflash.

Fact of the matter is it does nothing unless you are highly modified. In fact, it is better to run a little hotter for a cleaner running engine, both internally and externally.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:04 AM
Rebel 1
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by REVAK
LS engines with stock rad. will consistently run @ 176*to 180* with a 160* stat , which is optimum . Which is why numerous engine builders and tuners specify their use. Incidentally , GM offers a 160*stat for the LS engines .

Both of our cars run 172-180* which is right where i like it.

Corvette engineer running a 160* in his own car Link:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1547302169-post5.html
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Ferocious C6
Pro

Do you know what a Ponzi scheme is? Whether think you know or not, google it. Maybe you'll figure it out.
Lots of people recommending something that thought was good, but didn't really know about, and they all got screwed.

Get notified of new replies

To My COW review (Brutally honest and NOT a fight/bash thread!!)

Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,475 Likes on 2,278 Posts

I met Chuck when he came to Wichita to tune a bunch of vettes in our vette club.

He spent a significant amount of time tuning one of my vettes, and he was laser locked on making it exactly like I wanted, which he did.

Dude works like a mule, is great to talk with, and a stand-up guy. I've recommended him to skads of people.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 309 Likes on 199 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Unless you have a personal experience with the person/product the NAYSAYER'S would do us all a favor by not saying ANYTHING!!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:53 AM
vig1116
Drifting

Do you know what a Ponzi scheme is? Whether think you know or not, google it. Maybe you'll figure it out.
Lots of people recommending something that thought was good, but didn't really know about, and they all got screwed.
once again this is starting to bring in the people that haven't used him but have opinions on what he does. Your comparisons are childish at best because you are comparing his tunes to a ponzi scheme. So are all tunes ponzi schemes? Every tuner in the world is a scammer?? If not, then why is he? Especially when you haven't seen what he does. The people that actually used him and had a bad experience with him can express their situation and they'll be heard, but i don't care who you are, you can't please everybody, so of course there are some people that aren't satisfied. I found bad reviews on ECS, and several other tuners that i researched before going with chuck, plus, all the bad reviews of people that actually used chuck seem to have been from many years ago. I did not find any bad experiences from someone that used him recently. He has been working on corvettes for a long time, is very smart, and learned everything he could to be an expert at his craft. If i went with jeremy formato, or ECS, or speed engineering, or even a diablo tune i probably would be happy with their product too UNLESS SOMETHING WENT WRONG!!! This guy is top notch at what he does. If i need to go back to him i'm sure i will be treated as i was last week, if not then i will let as many people as i can know what happened so they are informed. Everyone that has used him in the last couple of years are happy, and i am too.....

Quick Reply: My COW review (Brutally honest and NOT a fight/bash thread!!)