C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Rubber Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 AM
StratFrat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Rubber Mats

Who has them and what do you think of them? Pro/Cons. Looking at getting the set including cargo area. My concerns are: Do they take away from the "look" of the car? as in, are they too industrial-pickup truck looking for a Vette? Do they wear out, hard to clean especially the logos? Or should I stick the norm?
Mid-America has them and claims to block heat and noise.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
dealer06
Racer

Not sure about the Mid-American ones, but I have the Weather Tec brand. I love them. I suppose some Lloyds mats might look better, but my '08 coupe is a daily driver. And really, I think they look pretty good. They fit well, etc. I also have the Weather Tec cargo mat, and it's really, really worth it if you put stuff in your hatch. It makes cleaning way easier, both in front and in back. Not hard to clean at all. Pull them out, hose them down, maybe scrub that area right under driver's right foot, all good.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

I have the Lloyd rubber mats...they fit excellent and all you got to do is wash them off. I have them in 2 of my vehicles including the Z.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys I was woundering myself (I notice weather tec are made in North America also .this matters to me)
Old 04-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 735 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
I have the Lloyd rubber mats...they fit excellent and all you got to do is wash them off. I have them in 2 of my vehicles including the Z.

Have the same mats from Lloyd, fit perfect and do their job during the winter months. I switch back to Lloyd's carpet mats from early spring to late fall. I prefer the look of the corvette logo carpet mats, but for the rainy days the rubber ones are easy to clean.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 AM
KC-Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Old Boot
(I notice weather tec are made in North America also .this matters to me)
...I wish more folks had you're mindset.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Wightmn
Instructor

Originally Posted by dealer06
Not sure about the Mid-American ones, but I have the Weather Tec brand. I love them. I suppose some Lloyds mats might look better, but my '08 coupe is a daily driver. And really, I think they look pretty good. They fit well, etc. I also have the Weather Tec cargo mat, and it's really, really worth it if you put stuff in your hatch. It makes cleaning way easier, both in front and in back. Not hard to clean at all. Pull them out, hose them down, maybe scrub that area right under driver's right foot, all good.
Completely agree. The weather tec mats are awesome. They aren't fancy but do a great job protection the carpet. I bought the car to drive and enjoy. These allow me to use it without worrying what the floors look like.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK you made up my mind,
I have just ordered on line the black ones.
Also I called the plant and told them the reason I bought these mats over the ones I could get with the Vette emblem was due in a large part they are produced in the USA.
I ask anyone else who orders from WeatherTech to call the plant and do the same so they always manufacture in North America ( I am Canadian living in the USA, all level playing fields)
Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM
mazurekd
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dealer06

Just the floor mats. Was thinking about the cargo mat, but I never put dirty stuff there. Plus if I did, the 12 packs would be sliding back and forth, to and fro, on the hard, slippery plastic.

Vette emblem?? If I remember, I peeled those off before installing them. Got enough hints telling me what I drive.

Last edited by mazurekd; 04-05-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Hard Rubber Mats

Quick Reply: Hard Rubber Mats