C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone rent Vette's

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:35 AM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Anyone rent Vette's

Wife and I are looking very hard at purchasing a C6. Looking for auto 3lt but no convertible, as much as I love the looks of the vette with top down it could end up being a daily driver I just prefer the coupe

Right now it will end up being a garage queen for most part and will stay that way but could end up being a semi-daily driver for the wife before it is over

We are both 50 yrs old and only concern she has is getting in and out of one every day, no health issues but she is used to SUV and we going to drive her 02 Trailblazer with 125K miles on it till it quits and with daughter in college may not way to drop money on another car right away but not impossible if we need to

Thought about checking to see if any of the car rental places have Vette's for rent and thinking it would be worth the $$$ to rent one for a weekend and let her see how she likes it

Other option I have is to find her another low-mid mileage SUV and trade my 04 Dodge 4x4 with 85K on it for her and me keep her TB, I drive one of my company cars every day so my truck just sits but I like having the truck to pull boat and haul stuff off when needed. Other than that it just sits

Have not searched web yet, my BUSY time of year(own Acct/Income Tax business) so not much time to do searches

Thanks ahead of time for any help

Trying to find 06 or newer C6 with auto and at least HUD and prefer 3lt and trying to keep budget under 28K and would like something less than 50K miles. About only color not really hung up on is LMB but they are growing on me. Actually prefer the orange or red but white, silver with be ok as well

Again thanks for helping me with MY MIDLIFE CRISIS
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Can she sit on a toilet and get back up without help? If so she shouldn't have any trouble getting in and out of a C6. The technique is about the same. You don't climb into the car. You sit on the seat and then pull your feet in as you turn around. To get out you swing your feet out and stand up. I have a friend who has a little trouble getting in and out of mine and needs a hand. But she is 94. Yes, it is a low car and you can have balance issues if you try to put your feet in first. You can prematurely wear the seat bolsters if you insist on sliding your rear down the side. But sit, swing feet in - swing feet out, stand up and it is easy and, IMHO, safer than climbing up into an SUV.

Hertz has rentals. Many independents have rentals.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM
CorvetteSparky
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

I rented one from Budget before buying. I wanted to spend a day with the car and get to know it better before putting out that much money. It cost me $150.00 for 24 hours which was well worth it. I had a great time with the car it confirmed that I wanted one, ASAP!

Last edited by CorvetteSparky; 03-13-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Renting one is a great idea and is easy if you are near a reasonably large city or a resort area. 50 is very young to have problems getting in and out of the C6. The average age here on the forum is certainly above that. Expect the rental price to be on the high side. When we rented one in Hawaii, it was about $1,000 for the week when a small basic car was about $250. Nothing like having a convertible Corvette in Maui though...even though there is no speed limit higher than 50.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

You have the right idea, rent one spend a whole day getting used to it, and then make your decisions on purchasing, trading, etc.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Sheep
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, its a small world.

PM sent.....
Old 03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

Only problem I have is when I am in a tight spot and cannot open the door all the way. You might want to get her to test that scenario if you have a tight garage.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
MikeERWNC
Melting Slicks

Received 227 Likes on 162 Posts

I have gotten them from Hertz.
Budget has them, also. But they have never given me a Vette.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:02 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Renting for a day is the way to go. She should know if she likes it by the second or third time she gets in and out.
I love mine yeah the car is low but not to low. The only tine it has been tricky at all is when I have on 4 inch or higher heels. Then I do have to be more careful. I enjoy the car so much and I am sure she will too

Lisa
Old 03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,665 Posts

My wife and I have no issues with getting in or out of the car.
I'm sure if you and your wife are in somewat good shape, you will have no issues with getting in and out.
You will love a C6 for sure. Renting is a very good option, before buying.

Good Luck
Old 03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

I have rented Corvettes from Hertz. In San Diego, I rented a brand new Corvette convertible with 140 miles on it. That was after my wife said she was embarrassed to be seen in the Shelby Mustang we had rented. The Vette was awesome. I hated giving it back.

Hertz sells their cars. They currently have a 2012 coupe for sale in Ft. Walton Beach, FL for $36,949.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM
1BDRSK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tprice
We are both 50 yrs old and only concern she has is getting in and out of one every day,
Up until just last month I would have thought you were 'old', but having just hit the big 50 myself last month I now fall into that category to! lol
The wife and I have no problems getting in and out of our Vette and it's lowered.
But that is a good idea to rent one to get a better feel of it.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Hertz and coupon codes are your friend.

I did that when I visited a buddy out in California. We didn't need the car (as he obviously has a set of wheels out there) but we paid about $200/day in the end (and that was AFTER adding the loss damages coverage and taxes etc. etc.).

Coming from flat-lands of Florida it was nice to take one on some twisty mountain roads. Here's what they gave me the keys to.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone rent Vette's

Quick Reply: Anyone rent Vette's