C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fellow C6ers - Just need to make a post

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Fellow C6ers - Just need to make a post

I have spent most of my time over the past month or so in the C7 section reading and posting a few times about the new Vette. Now although there are a lot of things I like about the new Vette, I am not happy with the look of the rear end and thus will be keeping my C6 (I am not trying to create another C7 rear end bash thread here for bare with me). For those who like the new car and plan on buying one, best of luck to you and enjoy it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-for-me-8.html

I read and posted a few times in the following above thread which referenced a bunch C7 lovers saying they prefer the look, especially the rear end look of the C7 over the current 458 Ferrari. Now to each his own, but IMO comments like these have gotten a little redic. Anyways, after being in that thread, I simply need a breath of fresh air so I decided to just start a thread here to talk about my upcoming plans with my 2009 C6.

It's March and the weather is starting to get a little warmer here in the NY area. I'm looking forward to getting the car out for a few nice drives and into the spring and summer. Def want to open her up and let my Corsa exhaust roar.

Anyone else got any cool upcoming for their C6s? Mods? trips? track days?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

looking forward to the first day here in pa when I can put the top down, open the xhaust valves and run through the gears. Have had limited days to drive, but none warm enough for top down.

As far as the C7 critics, let em talk. Everyone has an opinion, and they are entitled to it. As for me, I plan on buying a vert in a few years, but am plenty happy with my 427 vert for now. The new model rocks pretty hard, there is no denying it, but that doesnt mean my current car is a piece of crap, or make me like it any less. My goal is to own one of each in two years, but for right now, I am focused on paying off my note by june on my 13 model.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Bash in April, Blue Ridge Parkway this spring for the flowers, Birthday Party in June, Parkway in the fall and then the cherry on top - Spring Mountain Level 2+ in November. I hope to get the Tail somewhere in there.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Cool sounds fun! Where in pa? I went school at u of scranton
Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

near philly
Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I've had the car in hibernation since Nov 1. It's been a decent winter, but as long as any other on record
I did do a bunch of appearance mods from installing splash guards, side vent grills, cargo shade tie down mod, a camera monitor on the driver side sunvisor, and sequential flasher for the rear lights.
We leave for a trip to the Masters in Augusta GA the 2nd week of April.
We are also making stops on the return at a few places of interest. Can't wait until April 1 so I can get my car registered with my seasonal plate.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

I was in Wilkes-Barre this weekend.

Im a PA boy myself, from the Mansfield area.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

I've also spent a lot of time on the C7 section but long story short it's hard to find any threads now that stay on topic with a meaningful discussion.
I want to get a C7 but very Happy with my 09 Coupe and won't seriously be looking into a C7 for at least 2 years or more.
Weather is breaking for the better here also and have the Itch bad now to drive the C6
Streets are actually pretty clean and dry with the exception of spots where melting snow runoff covers the road.
Storm coming later this week will put off chances to drive a bit further, but once they stop salting I'll be off and running in the C6
Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

My Z06 hasn't been out of the garage for over 4 months. Taking it for a cruise Thursday to Branson for dinner and to see the SIX at the Mickey Gilley theater. Weather has been nice for the past several days(64 degrees yesterday).

No track days planned for this summer but am going on a week long cruise to Colorado with 20 other Corvettes in July.

No MODs planned( I did them when I first got the car), but I am on the fence as to what to do about my heads, because of the LS7 dropping valve scare.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Weather was clear and in the low 50's yesterday, so I got the car out of the garage, put the top down and took a nice long drive.

Parka and heated seats helped a lot.

I've got a couple minor warm weather projects to look forward to including the semi-annual cleaning and application of Rejex on my chrome wheels.

Waiting to pass final judgment on the C7 until I see one in person, but I kinda like the evolution.

Lot's of similarities in the roads/great scenery around the Cascade Range here in the Northwest and the Blue Ridge Mountains. I think you guys back in the Southeast have the advantage in nice weather though.

Last edited by Knob Jockey; 03-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Planning a trip to the mountains in North Georgia ( Blue Ridge or Helen, GA). From there to the Diamondback Trail in N.C and then on to Gatliburg for the Tail of the Dragon, etc.

For the car - long tube headers, Halltech Intake & tune.

Gonna be a fun year!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

Been driving mine with the top down every chance I get, including yesterday.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 PM
sharper456
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a 2013 Vert for my wife and am looking forward to some tandom cruises with her and our local club beginning in April. In the short run, Sebring is less than 2 weeks away . Florida bound on 3/13/13.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fortunately since moving from NH three years ago, I can now drive my Coupe year around now rather than storing it for three months. Don't miss shoveling, snow blowing, roof raking or windshield scraping either, nor Frost heaves in the Spring. The wife gave me a chrome plenum/intake manifold for my birthday today, so I installed it, my sixty-seventh modification. They recommend not driving it for twenty-four hours, but we're due for rain tonight anyway. I like the C7 front and sides, but not the rear, roof, interior, digital dash, nor engine compartment. Think I'll stay pat.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by Dif
I've also spent a lot of time on the C7 section but long story short it's hard to find any threads now that stay on topic with a meaningful discussion.
I want to get a C7 but very Happy with my 09 Coupe and won't seriously be looking into a C7 for at least 2 years or more.
Weather is breaking for the better here also and have the Itch bad now to drive the C6
Streets are actually pretty clean and dry with the exception of spots where melting snow runoff covers the road.
Storm coming later this week will put off chances to drive a bit further, but once they stop salting I'll be off and running in the C6
98% of the threads over in C7 are still filled with tons of speculation and myths etc... that or people who keep whining like a broken record about the rear-end. Same crap happened when the C6 came out, everyone thought it was the end of Corvette when the pop headlights were no longer same type of threads and debbie downer attitudes. Once people started driving them, or seeing them on the road and got used to em, it was a non issue.

As far as mods go for my Z06, I will be getting the Stage II WCCH Porting package done on a set of LS7 OEM heads, and a tune, CAI and that will be it. should be close to 500RWHP then.

Last edited by FrankTank; 03-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Going to Florida in 2 weeks. It will be top down driving while there.
Living in East Tennessee, I am 20 miles from 421 The Snake, 60 miles from Diamondback and 90 miles from the Dragon. Our club has several rides and shows planned this year. I'm planning on doing The Smokey Mountain Loop at some point this summer. Open air, top down, back road riding is something I'm really looking forward to doing.

Mods to the car will include powder coating calipers, Varraram CAI, and a tuner of some sort, maybe Intune, maybe CoW.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
R0NIN
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You Scranton guys ever do any buisiness with the Dunder Mifflin paper company out there? That Jim guy is pretty cool.

Anyways... It's gonna rain the next few days here in Cali so maybe I'll put the vette away and drive the jeep.... hahahahah FAT CHANCE!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Fellow C6ers - Just need to make a post

Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Originally Posted by R0NIN
You Scranton guys ever do any buisiness with the Dunder Mifflin paper company out there? That Jim guy is pretty cool.

Anyways... It's gonna rain the next few days here in Cali so maybe I'll put the vette away and drive the jeep.... hahahahah FAT CHANCE!!!!
Hahaha well I went to college there, but I am from NY. Ugh im jealous of you Cali guys. One of my best friends from here moved out to San Diego a few years ago and he never looked back. He said he is in the market for a convertible out there. Of course I suggested a Vette for him. Hope he pulls the trigger on one
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Just got back from a CHIN event at VIR. Cold weather be damned !

Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Copterdoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

October-Blue Ridge Pakway South to North. 7 days with my wife and my mistress (the C6)

Quick Reply: Fellow C6ers - Just need to make a post