C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of a non-stretch, loose-fitting cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 04:49 PM
SquareHead
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Anyone know of a non-stretch, loose-fitting cover?

Hi folks,

I am looking for a car cover that is non-stretch. Something that you just throw over the car. Something like a bed sheet that is designed specifically for the Corvette. I think it would be much easier to put on rather than having to try to stretch one over the car...

Or am I making too big a deal of it? I have never had a car that I wanted to cover before. I cover all my motorcycles, but they are easy to manage. I would think trying to fit a cover over a car could be a bit of a challenge.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
spdkilz911
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

I have had a few different types. The last one being a satin stretch cover. I had no problems putting it on. I just rolled it out down the center, hooked it around the front and worked my way back. I would check out California Car Cover, they seem to have all the bases covered.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

after having had fitted noahs, evolutions and sunbrella-fabric I now have a generic-three-different-sizes-from-costco cover. it is large size to "fit" the C6. does it fit? well, no. it is slightly larger and that provides good coverage. plus, it's thick so you can bump it and nothing happens. for about 38 bucks. also, the auto parts stores have similar models (advance, autoz., pep) and even wally world, but I don't always see them there.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 PM
One Kick
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm using the one I got for my CTS, just put it on backwards, the mirror pods don't match up but I use it as an inside cover so it doesn't matter to me! I tried to give it to the guy who bought the car but he didn't want it, so I'm recycling it.
One Kick
Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by SquareHead
Hi folks,

I am looking for a car cover that is non-stretch. Something that you just throw over the car. Something like a bed sheet that is designed specifically for the Corvette. I think it would be much easier to put on rather than having to try to stretch one over the car...

Or am I making too big a deal of it? I have never had a car that I wanted to cover before. I cover all my motorcycles, but they are easy to manage. I would think trying to fit a cover over a car could be a bit of a challenge.

Thanks!
For covering in our garage, I went with the bed sheets.
A pair of non-fitted Queen-size 100% cotton sheets from Target. Total cost about $35.
It takes a minute to get them in place, because the Rejex makes everything want to slide off. But once they are in place, their advantage is that I can open a door, hood, or trunk; just flip back part of the sheet. And I think they are somewhat less likely to scratch anything.

I've never used an actual car cover, so can't give a direct comparison. But I'm happy with the sheets.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone know of a non-stretch, loose-fitting cover?

So you're kinda looking for a mumu for your Vette . . . . .

Actually I appreciate where you're coming from - like throwing on a t shirt that's 4 sizes too big
Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
RickMG
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
after having had fitted noahs, evolutions and sunbrella-fabric I now have a generic-three-different-sizes-from-costco cover. it is large size to "fit" the C6. does it fit? well, no. it is slightly larger and that provides good coverage. plus, it's thick so you can bump it and nothing happens. for about 38 bucks. also, the auto parts stores have similar models (advance, autoz., pep) and even wally world, but I don't always see them there.

I've bought these cheap "Poly Cotton" covers for my MGs for over 25 years and love them (for indoor use only though). They breath so you never have to worry about moisture building up under the cover and best of all they are really cheap. I usually get them at Walmart but like he said, get one for a large car such as an old Cadi and you'll have exactly what you want.

Be sure you get the Poly Cotton and not Nylon, Nylon does not breath.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:17 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

The old one that used to cover my Z28 works pretty well. Any car cover for a slightly larger car should do the trick, I would imagine.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Looking for the same thing...a loose fitting poly/cotton cover that just keeps the dust off in the garage.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:09 PM
Philippine Islands
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
For covering in our garage, I went with the bed sheets.
A pair of non-fitted Queen-size 100% cotton sheets from Target. Total cost about $35.
It takes a minute to get them in place, because the Rejex makes everything want to slide off. But once they are in place, their advantage is that I can open a door, hood, or trunk; just flip back part of the sheet. And I think they are somewhat less likely to scratch anything.

I've never used an actual car cover, so can't give a direct comparison. But I'm happy with the sheets.
I have several good car covers, but they are a pain using inside the garage just for dust. I just bought King sheets I can just throw them on & off.
I don't like the elastic and I sure don't want a heavy cover if the car is somewhat dirty.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:06 AM
sramzzz
Drifting

Received 969 Likes on 622 Posts

If the goal is to keep dust off the car the satin stretch is the only way to go. Numerous choices by many vendors.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:40 PM
Iceaxe
Safety Car

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Originally Posted by sramzzz
If the goal is to keep dust off the car the satin stretch is the only way to go. Numerous choices by many vendors.

^^^This is the correct answer^^^

I have a like new GM loose fitting Corvette cover with bag I'd let go cheap as it's pretty much worthless. But it does have cool Corvette logos, so there is that....

And FWIW... the satin stretch are no more difficult to put on the car than the blanket type covers. Both are less than 2 minutes to install.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:13 PM
hubes
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm pretty happy with my covercraft dustop cover. It's thick enough to also offer a bit of protection, which is good, because my garage is also a working garage

Old 05-12-2022, 06:34 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I think if you google "reveal cover" you might find what your looking for

Clif
Old 05-13-2022, 10:02 AM
Mr. Jean
Safety Car

Received 268 Likes on 175 Posts

Not loose, but as others mentioned, it's easy stretch works and easy to store. Takes like a minute to put on or off, once you've done it a couple of times.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:12 AM
Whodamans
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Cover seal

Just wanted to throw this in, i did not know such a thing existed until recently, bought one for my Vette and it works great/fits well. We had a rodent issue last year, luckily no major damage outside a little of chewed underhood insulation and an engine covered in rat/mouse crap.... but mice can devastate a car if left unchecked if that's a possibility in your parking area look into Cover seal.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-15-2022, 09:25 AM
RoadGlide15
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

I have a stretch fit cover from RPI that I purchased when I had my C7, fits my C6 GS convertible just fine and I used it for winter storage. A cover was in the trunk of my C6 when I bought it, threw it on the other day and I really like it. It sits on the car like an oversized sheet, is soft and a bit fuzzy on the inside and similar to a very light painters cloth on the outside. No elastic, nice finished edges. Says BUDGE no. 3 on the nose. I checked their website, not sure yet which one I have, guessing 3 is the size.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:50 AM
tommyc6z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 696 Likes on 444 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified

This generic Sparco cover works great for me. Bought it for $40 on kijiji locally

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know of a non-stretch, loose-fitting cover?

Quick Reply: Anyone know of a non-stretch, loose-fitting cover?