C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is California Chrome Wheel in Valencia, CA, on chroming wheels?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default How is California Chrome Wheel in Valencia, CA, on chroming wheels?

How was your experience with California Chrome Wheel in Valencia, CA, on chroming your wheels? Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I was absolutely amazed at the good service, response, followup, promises, etc. This was the most pleasant experience I had in a long time with any vendor or supplier. They were timely, cordial, followed their examples given on their website. What can I say, I was blown away and I'm not a push over for lack of details, just like to be treated cordially and fairly. The wheels and hubcaps came back in beautiful shape and the curb rash was removed and the chrome was finish immaculate. The biggest problem was the cost for getting them from DFW to California and back, this was half the cost. You guys in Calfornia need to make a bee line over there to drop off your non chromed wheels. Their pricing will blow you away for each wheel, very reasonable, check their website and be floored at what you pay, GM is ripping you off for their chrome wheels. They also check the trueness of each wheel and contact you on the results and can also straightened your crooked wheels and send paper reports from Hunter Road Force Balancer on the condition of the wheels. They even remove the current coating on the wheels, mine were "brushed anodized" finish, not polished, and they look like polished now. They completely refinish the wheels before beginning the chroming process, what can I say, beautiful. The shipping boxes, their own, were great, they didn't lack in any detail.

The wonderful contact that I had was David K., what a helpful and respectful individual. David K., my hat off to you. You made this a very pleasant experience. Have a nice day!

John

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 04-09-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Update on results, great!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 633 Likes on 442 Posts

They did an outstanding job on my PVC black chrome wheels I had done late last year.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

They did an excellent job on my carry in GTO wheels, that was a few years ago.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Might want to ask your question on the Wheels & Tires Forum herein, also . . . .
Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM
zumatodd
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... or Events & Regional Southern California...
Old 03-01-2013, 12:15 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
Might want to ask your question on the Wheels & Tires Forum herein, also . . . .
Originally Posted by zumatodd
... or Events & Regional Southern California...
Thanks, I'm looking into them now. Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

excellent on black chrome for me.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Default Please note the updated response on my returned wheels, great!

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
How was your experience with California Chrome Wheel in Valencia, CA, on chroming your wheels? Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I was absolutely amazed at the good service, response, followup, promises, etc. This was the most pleasant experience I had in a long time with any vendor or supplier. They were timely, cordial, followed their examples given on their website. What can I say, I was blown away and I'm not a push over for lack of details, just like to be treated cordially and fairly. The wheels and hubcaps came back in beautiful shape and the curb rash was removed and the chrome was finish immaculate. The biggest problem was the cost for getting them from DFW to California and back, this was half the cost. You guys in Calfornia need to make a bee line over there to drop off your non chromed wheels. Their pricing will blow you away for each wheel, very reasonable, check their website and be floored at what you pay, GM is ripping you off for their chrome wheels. They also check the trueness of each wheel and contact you on the results and can also straightened your crooked wheels and send paper reports from Hunter Road Force Balancer on the condition of the wheels. They even remove the current coating on the wheels, mine were "brushed anodized" finish, not polished, and they look like polished now. They completely refinish the wheels before beginning the chroming process, what can I say, beautiful. The shipping boxes, their own, were great, they didn't lack in any detail.

The wonderful contact that I had was David K., what a helpful and respectful individual. David K., my hat off to you. You made this a very pleasant experience. Have a nice day!

John
Please note the above return response on my returned wheels above, CCW (Complete Custom Wheel, Daytona Beach, Flordia) T-10's. What a pleasurable experience.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Kanf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear this news about Cal Chrome as I just picked up a set of ZR1 wheels to send over there to have them black chromed out for my CRM 427. Can't wait to see them all done and on the car.

And yes, I have to agree with the OP as well. I have talked to them several different times with 3 different people while I was trying to decide on what to do and where and each time I was met with knowledgeable, respectful and very helpful people. That is what finally made me go ahead and pull the trigger.

Thanks for the nice report.

Those of you that posted above and had black chrome done from them, would you be ok pm'ng me or replying here on what wheels you had done? How they turned out or maybe even a pic?
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

if email is active I'll send you a pic. or go to your profile and activate it.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Kanf
Racer

Originally Posted by AORoads
if email is active I'll send you a pic. or go to your profile and activate it.
done, I think and yes please, pics would be awesome
Old 06-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Cal_Chrome
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is always nice to see happy customer's. We know it takes a few simple steps to create a happy customer:
Understand what the customer wants
meeting there needs in a timely fashion
Providing excellent quality wheels and finishes
AND
Staying in contact through out the process

I know Dave K is still smiling about the original post, and we are happy to see more happy customers on top of that.

For future customer please do not hesitate to give us a jingle.

Our sales staff-
Dave K- Wheels and Tire expert
Jaime - Office Manager /Sales/Internet Sales
Blaine - Wheels and Tire expert
Juan - Sales / BMW Expert
Robb - Internet Sales/Web Designer
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Default David K. is great!

Originally Posted by Cal_Chrome

It is always nice to see happy customer's. We know it takes a few simple steps to create a happy customer:
Understand what the customer wants
meeting there needs in a timely fashion
Providing excellent quality wheels and finishes
AND
Staying in contact through out the process

I know Dave K is still smiling about the original post, and we are happy to see more happy customers on top of that.

For future customer please do not hesitate to give us a jingle.

Our sales staff-
Dave K- Wheels and Tire expert
Jaime - Office Manager /Sales/Internet Sales
Blaine - Wheels and Tire expert
Juan - Sales / BMW Expert
Robb - Internet Sales/Web Designer
David K. is great! David K. did everything that he promised and he also followed along with what was presented on the website. Absolutely, NO problems, what so ever. The wheels came back in beautiful shape, like new but chromed. I have had lots of complements from fellow Vette friends that I pal around with. I wouldn't hesitate to send another set of wheels to them again. My biggest problem is that I threw away my original boxes and had to go out and buy replacements, so folks, keep those old boxes.

It was a GREAT positive experience dealing with California Chrome Wheel Inc. , ' & for California Chrome Wheel Inc.

My hat is off to David K.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Kanf
Racer

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
David K. is great! David K. did everything that he promised and he also followed along with what was presented on the website. Absolutely, NO problems, what so ever. The wheels came back in beautiful shape, like new but chromed. I have had lots of complements from fellow Vette friends that I pal around with. I wouldn't hesitate to send another set of wheels to them again. My biggest problem is that I threw away my original boxes and had to go out and buy replacements, so folks, keep those old boxes.

It was a GREAT positive experience dealing with California Chrome Wheel Inc. , ' & for California Chrome Wheel Inc.

My hat is off to David K.

David K helped me with my black chrome (PVD) wheels as well. They came out great and he is wonderful to work with.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Glad to read of the experiences above. I've been to their shop but didn't meet John, the owner. But I've had the opportunity to talk with him, as well. He did exactly what he said he would do and went the extra mile for me. So, I'd guess the company is the way it is from the top down.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Cal_Chrome
4th Gear

Default Facebook

99% of our business is word of mouth, however we want to build a Facebook.

Any previous customers willing to share there experience is greatly appreciated.

Here is our page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calif...014233?fref=ts

Thanks,

CalChrome
Old 07-17-2013, 05:34 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Any previous customers willing to share there experience is greatly appreciated.

Here is our page

Thanks,

CalChrome
You guys do anything besides wheels? Like bumpers or anything like that?

Get notified of new replies

To How is California Chrome Wheel in Valencia, CA, on chroming wheels?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Cal_Chrome
4th Gear

Originally Posted by boraxman
You guys do anything besides wheels? Like bumpers or anything like that?
\

Hi Boraxman,

Send me an email with a picture and dimensions and I will see what I can do , with a quote.

Thanks,

Rob
Email-rob@calchrome.com
Phone- (661) 294-0170 EXT 107
Old 07-26-2014, 01:31 AM
Stingray Steve
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is our page

Thanks,

CalChrome
Juan H is the man!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Huskerman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,784 Likes on 1,949 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Old thread but I had my wheels off my 90 C4 chromed by them and they were perfect....they even straightened them for me........good folks there.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How is California Chrome Wheel in Valencia, CA, on chroming wheels?