C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Lighting question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
xgto
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Lighting question

Changed out the bulbs in my rearview mirror for bright white LED's, they work and look great, but last night I discorvered when I went into my dark garage with no lights on, that the mirror led's stay on very dim after the car shuts down and all lights cycle off. Has anyone else experianced this ?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Slider-01
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's normal. My map lights do it and so do my rear compartment lights. However, they draw so little current that they haven't been an issue with running the battery down. Some guys have wired in a standard bulb in the foot well as that seems to take care of it. I don't know how they wire it so one of them may chime in here.

The electrical folks on here can explain why they stay dimly lit; it has been documented here all with no issues.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

had the same issue with my Z28 after I replaced all the regular bulbs with LED's. It seems that the BCM was not happy till I put at least one real bulb back in, it has something to do with current draw I think. It's funny I was just sitting here thinking about replacing the bulbs in my Vette with LED's and wondering if they had fixed this issue when I spotted your post.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Slider-01
It's normal. My map lights do it and so do my rear compartment lights. However, they draw so little current that they haven't been an issue with running the battery down. Some guys have wired in a standard bulb in the foot well as that seems to take care of it. I don't know how they wire it so one of them may chime in here.

The electrical folks on here can explain why they stay dimly lit; it has been documented here all with no issues.
Not to worry
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I went through this a few months back as well. It is absolutely not a problem. I have a ctek 3300 charger hooked up all the time to my c6 and even with the LEDs doing that the light is always green on the charger. Every day it goes orange for literally 1 second and green again, so no drain is coming from them.....
Old 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by xgto
but last night I discorvered when I went into my dark garage with no lights on, that the mirror led's stay on very dim after the car shuts down and all lights cycle off.
It's normal, but I HATED that, so bought CANbus-compatible LED bulbs and problem solved .

Get notified of new replies

To LED Lighting question

Quick Reply: LED Lighting question