C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 A4 corsa extreme owners...any drone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Philip.Monty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 A4 corsa extreme owners...any drone?

I am desperately searching for a new exhaust...I foolishly traded a set of corsa sports for b&b bullets a while back when I did my cam swap....they sounded great at idle and WOT but the drone is unbearable....and I've tried everything...sound deadening, plugging one tip...I even installed the b&b prt mid pipe.....but the drone is still horrible...to the point I can't drive the car anymore...so the quest for a new exhaust is started again..the common answer is go to the Corsa's.....my question to all of you is, even though corsa says the extremes are not recommended automatics, is there anyone running them? And if so how bad is the drone...if any?
I am currently running a cam, kooks headers into a 3" catted midpipe.

Any info is greatly appreciated .
Old 09-26-2015, 03:26 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip.Monty
I am desperately searching for a new exhaust...I foolishly traded a set of corsa sports for b&b bullets a while back when I did my cam swap....they sounded great at idle and WOT but the drone is unbearable....and I've tried everything...sound deadening, plugging one tip...I even installed the b&b prt mid pipe.....but the drone is still horrible...to the point I can't drive the car anymore...so the quest for a new exhaust is started again..the common answer is go to the Corsa's.....my question to all of you is, even though corsa says the extremes are not recommended automatics, is there anyone running them? And if so how bad is the drone...if any?
I am currently running a cam, kooks headers into a 3" catted midpipe.

Any info is greatly appreciated .

What he said^^^^^^^
Old 09-26-2015, 07:36 PM
DIPPOLD
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the extremes on my 11 GS A6. Yes when the auto lugs the motor there is drone or slight vibration that makes the sound buzzy or drone. If I would do it again I would put the sports on instead of the extremes. My engine is stock and the standard exhaust up to the axle back Corsa's. I heard that adding their X pipe or doing any engine modes makes the sound even louder. But I will tell you at idle and a full or close to w/o throttle you can't beat the beautiful music they make. Plus I like the 4 inch tips. I did put in the sound deadening before I did the exhaust and I may add another layer in the back of the car to help reduce it some more. Also, it only drones between 1200 and 1700 RPM. You can just down shift and it goes away.

Last edited by DIPPOLD; 09-26-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added more data.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:02 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

No drone but with heads and cam the sound itself would be overbearing for most drivers. You are better off putting a set of Corsa Sports back on your car for what you've stated in your thread.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:44 AM
rckt
Melting Slicks

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

I have Corsa extremes on a stock A6. Drone is relative. I say no drone on these. However, I had bullets that lasted 3 months bc the drone was horrible.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:58 AM
RicardoFors68
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 153 Posts

I have the bullets as well and have to raise my voice considerably with a passenger. Think of the fusion system or prt. Car is 06 A6
Old 09-27-2015, 07:19 PM
AssTyme
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just bought a 2013 GS A6 and drove home 300 miles with the extreme exhaust and could not hear any drone. I'm happy

Get notified of new replies

To C6 A4 corsa extreme owners...any drone?

Quick Reply: C6 A4 corsa extreme owners...any drone?