C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my GS back with those Black Chromies

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
AddisonD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This PVD process, and the black chrome, yields stunning results. They would be great on any color car in my view. I found the SD Motoring site and read about the process. I want some. Maybe those guys should start a wheel exchange service. In the meantime I will see if anyone around Houston offers the PVD process for wheels.

(RPA_knut, thanks for the reply - love that SSB color - sent you a PM)
Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 PM
bugsas99
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i really like the look of these wheels. I am looking to put new wheels on my 07 Lemans Blue. thinking these would look awsome. but I am confused about these wheels. I did search for Black Chromed GS corvette wheels. and came up with many options for these. Is there something different that I am missing about the wheels shown here compared to ones for sale at say these. http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...ls_p_5864.html
Old 02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
GS2013RTINT
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPA_KNUT
I'm not sure what actual company did mine, but they were done through whomever does it for West Coast Corvette. I (my dealer in Vegas) did a core exhange with them as i ordered the car with the painted silver as well.

I am deployed until August,but i think i am going to try and get to the 'Mojave Mile' race @ the Mojave Airport in October with the Vegas Vettes Club.

My carbon parts list is not even close to eing complete by the way
As much as i hate I15 I will meet you out there and run with a fellow military brother. Let me know I just started shore duty this week.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:01 AM
GS2013RTINT
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AddisonD
This PVD process, and the black chrome, yields stunning results. They would be great on any color car in my view. I found the SD Motoring site and read about the process. I want some. Maybe those guys should start a wheel exchange service. In the meantime I will see if anyone around Houston offers the PVD process for wheels.

(RPA_knut, thanks for the reply - love that SSB color - sent you a PM)
Just like valkarie posted West Coast Corvette does core exchange and I believe they use Calichrome which are the other vendor in Cali that performs the PVD process. There product is great too!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 AM
GS2013RTINT
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bugsas99
i really like the look of these wheels. I am looking to put new wheels on my 07 Lemans Blue. thinking these would look awsome. but I am confused about these wheels. I did search for Black Chromed GS corvette wheels. and came up with many options for these. Is there something different that I am missing about the wheels shown here compared to ones for sale at say these. http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...ls_p_5864.html
Seems to be the same wheel at a descent price and again you will have to get different center caps. They can't do the plastic caps because they will melt in the oven. So u can use centinnel or 60th like I used and they match up nice. I have not found anyone who has black chrome center caps.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 AM
RPA_KNUT
Instructor

2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by GS2013RTINT
Seems to be the same wheel at a descent price and again you will have to get different center caps. They can't do the plastic caps because they will melt in the oven. So u can use centinnel or 60th like I used and they match up nice. I have not found anyone who has black chrome center caps.
Ask and you shall receive! Call WCC to find out who does their stuff. I am very happy w/how my centers turned out. So much so, that I am having my Grand Sport fender badges done in the same finish (which ISSSS taking a LOT longer btw)

Hopefully we will get a chance to meet up in the fall. That will be fun

Do a 'Blue Valkyrie' search here on the forum to see the full gamut & the 'why' if your interested.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 PM
bugsas99
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love to get some of these wheeels for my 07. looks like they only come in Grand Sport sizes..
Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM
GS2013RTINT
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RPA_KNUT
Ask and you shall receive! Call WCC to find out who does their stuff. I am very happy w/how my centers turned out. So much so, that I am having my Grand Sport fender badges done in the same finish (which ISSSS taking a LOT longer btw)

Hopefully we will get a chance to meet up in the fall. That will be fun

Do a 'Blue Valkyrie' search here on the forum to see the full gamut & the 'why' if your interested.
Interesting I will give them a call! I just got my Mild2Wild from them yesterday which makes the car sound pretty sweet. I look forward to seeing some pics of those badges. I wanted to do that too, but again couldn't find anyone. So I had a set custom painted which turned out really nice.

Quick Reply: Got my GS back with those Black Chromies