Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
not08crmanymore
CF Senior Member

Default Will my base suspension handling improve with this?

Looking to improve the handling since I'm used to the Z51 setup my prior 2 c6's had.Will this stuff from PARTS TAXI do it?
Quote:
C6 Z51 Bar Kit
10323434 Front Bar 10339124 Rear Bar 10387838 x 2 Front Insulators (bushings) 15241135 x 2 Rear Insulators (bushings) ----OR---- Pfadt Poly Bushings We are proud to now offer you the choice between either the OEM bushings or the Pfadt Poly bushings!! Please be sure to make your selection when ordering
Thanks.
not08crmanymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
LFZ
CF Senior Member

Depends on what you want....you want a stiffer car through the turns or a planted feel all throughout the drive? Sway bar upgrades are good, but are better with a good shock to compliment it. While getting sways...I'd look at shocks to purchase as well.

But what do I know....I lower my car....
LFZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
not08crmanymore
CF Senior Member

Well,if I lower my stock suspension car will that help the handling and planted stuff? Or should I get a set of Bilstein's or something with those sway bars?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Improved sway bars will make an improvement but no one thing will make a day/night difference.
Lingenfelter 403 Conversion, LG Pro Headers (coated), Corsa Sport Exhaust, Lingenfelter CAI, Accusump, LGM Coil-Over Suspension & Bump-Steer Kit, T1 Sway Bars, Pfadt Control Arm Bushing Kit, Elite Eng. Tunnel Plate & Oil Catch-Can, SKF Racing Hubs/Bearings, AP Racing Brakes, DRM Brake Ducts, Custom Roll Bar, Sparco Seats, Wide-Booty, CCW C10 Wheels,
Setup: LG Motorsports

Thanks to: 21st Century Muscle Cars
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196
Support Corvetteforum!

I did the C6Z bars (run Z size tires) and Koni FSD shocks and got a much better ride

You need some shocks to improve more than just sways.
peter pan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
HOXXOH
CF Senior Member

The Z51 has different sways, shocks, springs, and tires than the base suspension. It's a matched set. Any one of the components will make a difference, but the feel you had won't return without all four.
HOXXOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
Ketchum
CF Senior Member

Why not use the PFADT sways and shocks that have been advertised on this site for months. It is a matched set.
Ketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #8
Gadfly
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFZ View Post

But what do I know....I lower my car....
Gadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #9
not08crmanymore
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Why not use the PFADT sways and shocks that have been advertised on this site for months. It is a matched set.
Must have missed that promo.Working on a small budget too..
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
FortMorganAl
CF Senior Member

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL

What you have listed will make an improvement but it will not take you to the level you are used to. Z51 is a complete tuned package that also includes shocks, brakes, tires, etc. People install just the swaybars because they are easy and relatively inexpensive and think, because there is an improvement, that they have the full benefits of Z51 at less cost. That just isn't right. If it were that easy the factory could save a lot of money on the other parts that were in the package.

If you are going to spend the money it takes to get to Z51 levels you might want to consider other options.
FortMorganAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
Boomer111
CF Senior Member

I added the Z51 sways with FSD's shocks and this greatly improved my 08 1LT handling and ride. The 1LT ride was horrible, loose and bouncy, and I find the Z51 ride to be a tad harsh for street only. I kept the original springs but some will make a change regarding these too but for the street only I do not think it is necessary.

Street driven only.
Boomer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Ketchum
CF Senior Member

The Pfadt sways and shocks with bushings and such is about a grand. I'm on the fence about buying it. Have been since Christmas. The Stage 1 kit is for street cars. I'd rather do that then cobble. Lot easier then cobbling up sways and shocks. Prices may not be accurate but here you go. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-shipping.html

Last edited by Ketchum; 02-21-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Ketchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
not08crmanymore
CF Senior Member

Quote:
The Pfadt sways and shocks with bushings and such is about a grand. I'm on the fence about buying it. Have been since Christmas. The Stage 1 kit is for street cars. I'd rather do that then cobble. Lot easier then cobbling up sways and shocks. Prices may not be accurate but here you go. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-shipping.html
Thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Will my base suspension handling improve with this?