C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 VS. GS with Blower Applications?

Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM
bullitz400
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 VS. GS with Blower Applications?

Hey guys, mainly looking at an 08+ C6. Looking for strength's of each motor, transmission, clutch, and rear end. I know the GS is heavier, but also has a removable top, and smaller motor. I've heard the 6.2L though however, is better for boosted applications because of the thicker cylinder walls. However, not sure on material strength of facotry LS7 vs. LS3.

Deciding between a blown 08 C6Z that has clutch upgrade, ECS blower, meth, and supporting mods. Was dyno'd at 600/600.

The Other option is a blown 2011 GS. Bone stock other than Edelbrock kit and a ZR1 pump. Has no other supporting mods, stock clutch, etc.

Wondering the limits on each, what should be changed, etc. Looking for a car I can drive on nice days, pump gas, and run a high 10 second 1/4 mile if I wanted too.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts

From my perspective, the key is in the tune of each, as to how well the motor will hold up over time. I would find out who built each one, and call the shops for more specifics about the reliability of the builds.

You can search here and find which shop are reputable, once you get their names.

It looks like the Z06 car was set up for serious running, based on the options listed.

I would think the Grand Sport would be more "street friendly" based on your info shown above, and require less attention over time, and be a more civilized "sunday driver".

I would also search the Forced Induction forum section, and you will get plenty of reading about blown vettes, it will help you to be better informed.

Remember you are comparing two different blower technologies too, they react differently, and both have their pros and cons. Again, tons of reading material in the FI forum section.

Last edited by Seadawg; 02-14-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 135 Posts

I have the Edelbrock on my '10 GS, with the upgraded fuel pump. A6, conservatively tuned at 510 hp 500 tq. Nothing but fun. Drive anywhere, no problem. Never 1/4 miled it though. Maybe this year.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 VS. GS with Blower Applications?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z06 VS. GS with Blower Applications?