C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door sill covers-do they last????

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 AM
snapcity
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door sill covers-do they last????

Does anyone have the aftermarket door sill covers on their car? The come with a variety of patterns and emblems. I just wanted to know if they hold up. They seem a little over priced. Are they just gel stickers that you lay over your oem door sills? How long have you guys had them on your vettes?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
See5see6
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 131 Posts

I bought the hard, molded plastic ones.....plain design. Just clear plastic, bought 'em for my new 08 back in April of same year. Still work well and look just fine. They have sure saved my door sills from mine, and my passengers careless foot scrapes. Also have had them on my '00 since it was new.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Blue Demon Owner
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by See5see6
I bought the hard, molded plastic ones.....plain design. Just clear plastic, bought 'em for my new 08 back in April of same year. Still work well and look just fine. They have sure saved my door sills from mine, and my passengers careless foot scrapes. Also have had them on my '00 since it was new.
Bought mine (same as above) from Mid America immediately after delivery in 2008. They have protected everything, door sills, lower door panels, from the scrapes and damage that always seems to occur. Highly recommended!

Photo (you can see the clear acrylic covers on the bottom of the door panels and the door sills):

Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM
snapcity
Pro

Originally Posted by Blue Demon Owner
Bought mine (same as above) from Mid America immediately after delivery in 2008. They have protected everything, door sills, lower door panels, from the scrapes and damage that always seems to occur. Highly recommended!

Photo (you can see the clear acrylic covers on the bottom of the door panels and the door sills):

were they just peel and stick?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM
snapcity
Pro

oops im sorry guys. i asked about the wrong thing....what i meant was just door sills. i was looking at getting some new ones. how do they hold up etc..
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by snapcity
were they just peel and stick?
No peel and stick. They kind of hold themselves in with a press fit. I have them and they hold really well. They do get scratched, but I guess that is the purpose of them. I would recommend them highly.

Get notified of new replies

To door sill covers-do they last????

Quick Reply: door sill covers-do they last????