C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tried Rejex today

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 AM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Been using Rejex for several years on both my C5 & now my C6.....works well for me.....when I had graphics applied to my C5 the tech asked me what the heck I was using.......had to really work to remove the Rejex to get the hood stripe to adhere.....

Last edited by SSWEET; 02-12-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:27 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 311 Likes on 200 Posts

I love Rejex, thats the first negitive Ive really heard
Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Jimmy Mac!
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used REJEX since day 1. (2010 DEC). Love the stuff. After a good hand wash, I applied a thin coat and took it off easily within 30 minutes. I kept her in the garage and re "Rejexed" her the next day about 10 in the morning. Wiped her down within 30 minutes. Easy on and easy off. I am a disabled Vet and have many creeks and pains in my body. Not an issue.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I like Rejex because its simple and just works. I simply dont have the time & environment to attempt large detail tasks to my car.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
KX
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Far too many folks like Rejex to even consider only one persons negative experience. Either he had poor weather conditions, did not prep properly, or, did not apply it properly. Maybe he is just a plain perfectionist, what ever the reason, but his negative post will not change my mind about how good the product is! Besides, I do not think how a product goes on or comes off is justification for bad mouthing a product. Rejex does what it claims to do, and that is: it protects your finish, bugs come off very easy and the protection lasts for at least six months, maybe more...!!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been using Rejex since I brought it home brand new from the Museum. It's 5 years old now with over 40,000 miles and the paint still looks brand new. I've never had to clay the car thanks to its outstanding protection qualities. I don't believe there's anything better on the market. You can spend more and work harder - but I prefer to work smarter, hence the reason I use Rejex. I've seen many Corvettes displayed in shows and none with factory paint have ever looked better than mine.

Sorry to hear your problems - perhaps the bottle had an expired shelf life...

Last edited by SSTEVEGS; 02-12-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM
purvistechie
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Something is off here. The first time I used it I thought that it was really easy to remove. Must have been too thick of an application and maybe not enough dry time, or too much dry time? Not sure but it's certainly not the experience that I've had. First coat was easy, the second coat was easier and now my only problem is when I put my car cover on, I have to be sure to center it right or it will fall on the ground before I can work it around the corners!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM
ejbarre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love Rejex, clay bar & rejex every 3-4 months, still looks good after 7 years & 75K miles. Happy camper here.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 402 Likes on 283 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'24

Originally Posted by boraxman
I love Rejex, thats the first negitive Ive really heard

I have been using RejeX for the past 9 years. I have never had a problem and I am always pleased with the shine and protection. I guess RejeX is not for everybody.
We have RejeX lovers, Zaino lovers, Wolfgang lovers......hey whatever you are happy with, continue to use it.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM
GRG
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rejex

I'm very happy with the product. Very easy to use with microfiber towel. I can do my whole car in 25 minutes. It works great on the windows also. Just ordered my second bottle.
I don't remember how this got started, but one day I tried it on our flat top elect. stove after my wife had had been cooking and it was a mess.
Without a single drop of soap or water, the Rejex made the stovetop shine again. I was really surprised! Now she wants her own bottle.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 402 Likes on 283 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'24

Originally Posted by GRG
I'm very happy with the product. Very easy to use with microfiber towel. I can do my whole car in 25 minutes. It works great on the windows also. Just ordered my second bottle.
I don't remember how this got started, but one day I tried it on our flat top elect. stove after my wife had had been cooking and it was a mess.
Without a single drop of soap or water, the Rejex made the stovetop shine again. I was really surprised! Now she wants her own bottle.
If you have a glass shower door try some RejeX on it. Soap scum just rolls right off. Also if you apply it to the mirrors in the bathroom the mirrors don't fog up from the steam in the shower.
But do not apply RegeX to your refrigerator door. The magnets that hold your kids pictures will slide to the bottom of the door.
We also use RejeX on the outside windows of the house. Rain water rolls off and doesn't leave nasty water marks.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I've used Rejex on the Vette since the first shine.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Our 2009 was almost 4 years old before it got anything more than simple washing. But last winter, I got some sprinkler water spots that would not come off with any chemical I tried. Gave the car to CF member joz132, he did a gentle polish, clay, and Rejex. During the next two weeks, I had three total strangers compliment me on my "new" car, and they could hardly believe it had 3+ years and 50k miles. So I'm satisfied with the shine from Rejex.

It wipes off easily for me, but Jeff did the first coat and I didn't ask how hard that coat was to wipe off.

The Rejex company says that no chemicals will remove Rejex after it has cured overnight, unless they will also destroy the paint. I think that's B.S., I used Griots Paint Prep and then 91% alcohol to strip small paint chips that had been Rejexed, the touchup paint is sticking to them just fine. To install my GM splash guards and allow the tape to stick, I wiped quickly a couple of times with 3M adhesive remover and then the 91% alcohol. Before that, masking tape would not stick, just fell off the car. After the 3M & alcohol, the masking tape stuck just fine and the tape on the splash guards seems to be sticking normally also.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,899 Likes on 1,916 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I used rejex on my 05 and 06 and for a few yrs on the 07. Always was easy on easy off for me. Finish felt buttery if you know what I mean. My 06 was MR and rejex showed fingerprints anytime someone touched it.

Had a hard time removing the rejex to replace my stripes. Paint prep and rubbing alcohol along with lots of elbow grease removed it.

Got a gallon bottle for Christmas.....wife did not know how little it takes. Went bad before I used 1/4 of it and have not bought any more. Use NXT2 now, and am pleased with it also.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM
KX
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went into the garage at about 9:30am today. Hey, I think I will clean up the VY C6 as it was driven in a nasty rain storm last Friday night. Only 3 hours later it had been clay barred and had a coat of RejeX applied! It was washed on Sunday. Damn thing still looks brand new but it is an '06!
As I use no wax what-so-ever on my car it is really easy to apply and re-apply RejeX. I did not need to clay bar, but I did....chrome wheels are blinding and the big Magnaflow SS pipes do it a lot of justice. I can't believe how tiny the stock pipes look in comparison as the big 4" Magnaflows take up most of the vacant looking area that stock ends show.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I've tried everything known to man and for the last 6 years I've stuck with Rejex then Pinnacle. Rejex leaves the slickest surface I personally have ever seen.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Lead Foot 66
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

I have used Rejex since day 1...almost five years now. Liked it so much, that we use it on all our cars.

Each one gets a thorough washing, then clay barring, and finally Rejex.

Each cars' finish is smooooooth and we do this only once/year. Of course the cars are garaged, so that helps too.

Lastly, I like that Rejex doesn't leave white residue on the dark plastics either.

So I continue to be pleased with Rejex.

Get notified of new replies

To Tried Rejex today

Old 02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Were do you guys buy this product? I think I'll give it a try
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 PM
fastter
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JKbride
I'm pretty sure I picked it up at True Value Hardware.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:31 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JKbride
http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/...ejex&x=43&y=13

or amazon

Quick Reply: Tried Rejex today