C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hendrick Chevy in Cary, NC

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:34 PM
JPJR
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Hendrick Chevy in Cary, NC

Just wanted to give some props to Hendrick in Cary NC.

Back in late 2011 I was shopping for a 2011 GS coupe.
After months of shopping all the forum vendors, they offered me the best deal.
The day I was to pick it up, my wife nixed it, as she wasn't comfortable with me buying a new Vette at the time.
So she found me a used 2006, and I had that just over a year.

Well, I was back in the market again recently.
They found the car I was looking for, gave me a very good price for my 2006, a very nice discount off sticker, plus all the incentives.
Basically, I wrote the deal, and they accepted it!

Do your homework, shop everyone, and especially if you're in the southeast, give them a shot!
Milos and Dave treated me well.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
'13GrandSport
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like certain dealers are being very generous with the deals since the unveiling of the 2014 Stingray. I went to McDermott Chevy here in CT and they not only gave me great pricing, but also went and got the car I wanted from another dealer in NH. I was given a very low finance rate and all incentives were spelled out. I paid a very low price to have clear paint protection installed on the whole hood, lights, whole fenders, bumper, and mirrors. I was very impressed with the salesman, finance guy, and the general manager.

I hope these stories of great treatment and exceptional deals keep coming in, because I think a lot of people that are looking to buy a Vette might be looking to find dealers in their area where they will be treated fairly.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

That dealership was nice to my group of F-Body guys/gals back in the late 90's. They let our club use one of their larger rooms for our monthly meetings. They also had a great selection of new F and Y body cars to drool over in the new car lot.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM
CABO-Z16
Advanced

Last Aug, I purchased my 2012 GS from Hendrick, in Cary. A very pleasant experience and they matched Kerbeck price.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM
surburban99
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Congratulations!!

Sent you a PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM
plmkrzy
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations, very nice car.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:55 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Its not the fisrt time Hendricks beats the Forum Dealerships prices
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

I bought my Black 06 new from Hendrick, Cary and when I got sick of black and traded it for a used VY 06, they treated me right.

My dad has been in the car business for decades and works at another dealer in the Auto Mall, so I know what it means to have a good salesperson.

I always dealt with Tony Creech over there (don't know if he's still around).

But ya, I like that dealership on the whole. Dan in the service dept. is very, very good at taking care of me when he's needed to.

However, some of the mechanics they have are questionable. I've had some issues with some wheels there and it's made me hesitant to go back.

But if I'm ever in the market for a C7, I'll go there first.

BTW I wonder if he will bring the C7 there to display way early like he did the C6 back in 05.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

There is always two sides to the story. I TRIED to buy my Zo6 there but they wouldn't match forum vendors prices here. Close but wouldn't do it. I fought with them for two weeks in 2011. Using the late jeff hardy website search I found my Z in Ga. called sent an email w/ forum dealers pricing and they did the deal over the phone in two hours! Hendricks was 1500 more for the exact same car. I asked before i flew into Ga and they said "it's only 1500 dollars" are you going to let that keep you out of this car?? YES! It was 69 dollars to fly in they picked me up at the airport. Probably 75 in fuel, 15 for lunch for a total of about 159 dollars. That is 1341 dollars saved for one afternoon!! Of course I stopped by to show them my car!!! LOL I service my car there and always stop in and joke that they could have sold me the car!!!

Last edited by seamus2154; 02-07-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ShockwaveGT
I bought my Black 06 new from Hendrick, Cary and when I got sick of black and traded it for a used VY 06, they treated me right.

My dad has been in the car business for decades and works at another dealer in the Auto Mall, so I know what it means to have a good salesperson.

I always dealt with Tony Creech over there (don't know if he's still around).

But ya, I like that dealership on the whole. Dan in the service dept. is very, very good at taking care of me when he's needed to.

However, some of the mechanics they have are questionable. I've had some issues with some wheels there and it's made me hesitant to go back.

But if I'm ever in the market for a C7, I'll go there first.

BTW I wonder if he will bring the C7 there to display way early like he did the C6 back in 05.
Dan the service manager is no longer there, he was great to deal with. There is only one mechanic there I would trust my car to...Ron.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 PM
BlueAngelSAE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same results 2 months ago from Brian M and Jason...standup guys that treated me fair and honestly.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I had a bad experience with Hendrick of Cary in 2011 and so ended up getting my 2011 Coupe 1LT at another Hendrick lot in another city. But when my harmonic balancer started squeaking in Jan 2012 they were the closest dealer so I took it there, and they fixed it right and overnight under warranty.

Since then they have changed management at the Cary store and when I dropped in last November just to see if they'd gotten hold of any 427s, the difference was night and day. They extended me a VERY square offer on a new 427 and kept asking "how can we earn your business?" Had I not encountered a business reversal soon after, I'd be riding that sucker today. By year end they had sold every 427 I'd looked at, and now they have more in stock.

I'll have to see how business goes in the next few months. If I can't swing a 427 then somebody should take my place. Deal with confidence.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Interesting. In 2011 they didn't come close to prices of another nearby dealer on new GSs, and seemed uninterested in my business. I bought at a different, more disant Hendrick dealership and was more than pleased with the experience.

I have used their service department three times and been pleased, although they were completely unaware that the Goodyear tires have a road hazard warranty. It took a phone call to Chevrolet Customer Service to get them to pick up the tab for a warranty tire replacement. The service writer wasn't at all familiar with Corvettes either, but the work was fine.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:36 AM
CorvetteGerard
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm headed to Hendrick on Saturday....heard they have a Lingenfelter and a ZR1 up there....I got mine from the Hendrick in Greensboro.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

I took a test drive with Milos and he was great to work with. I would have bought there, but the drive back to Colorado would have been a bit too long for my work schedule.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,107 Likes on 521 Posts

I bought my Vette at the local Hendrick dealership. I rarely go there because every car on the lot is marked up over MSRP. My 2012 leftover 1LT had sat on the lot for a year and still had a 6k mark up on it. I was able to negotiate a price to within 500 of what Kerbeck was listing but it was a pain to do it.

These guys even mark up base V 6 Camaros. The only reason I pulled the trigger was because I had a 1k personal offer expiring and it was at the time Sandy was roaring up the coast so easier to deal with them than a hurricane in the NE. Honestly next time I will probably just go to one of the forum sponsor dealers that have decent pricing up front.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

Cary sent me a letter stating that they would sell me a new vette at MSLP and trade in my 08 at 100% of. Kelly Blue book. It also said they would buy my car at that price without buying the new one.
After 4 phone calls from them,turns out they would not buy my car unless I purchased the new one at MSLP
Just the usual bait and switch, old school treat the customer like an idiot sales pitch.
told them they should look at the CF forum dealer prices, and get real.
To me, they are just old school, I would never consider buying a car from them. .

Get notified of new replies

To Hendrick Chevy in Cary, NC

Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I just got great service from Hendrick in Charlotte. I even drove 1 and a half hours to go there.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Congratulations on the new Corvette, JPJR!

If anybody wanted for us to log a compliment on the service of Hendrick Chevrolet, we'd be happy to do that.

Sarah (Assisting Evan), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
ParisTNDude
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm a great Hendricks fan (can't stand NASCAR racing) and from what I know of them, they are honest and ethical. I wish you good luck with your new ride...enjoy!

Quick Reply: Hendrick Chevy in Cary, NC