C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up my '12 C6 GS - Centenial Edition - Contents question

Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 AM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Picking up my '12 C6 GS - Centenial Edition - Contents question

Hi Guys,

I just traded in my G8 GT for a 2012 gs centennial edition. I love the package.

Question: the dealership seemed to be missing the owners manual. What should I be expecting to receive when I pick up the car? Ex owners manual, xm manual, is there a leather pouch?

Thanks for any feedback and help!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut
Hi Guys,

Question: the dealership seemed to be missing the owners manual. What should I be expecting to receive when I pick up the car? Ex owners manual, xm manual, is there a leather pouch?

The two things you mentioned plus, f you have a nav screen there's a separate manual for that. There's a Mobil One pamphlet. It all comes inside a pleather pouch with a flag logo on it.

Congrats on your new purchase.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Originally Posted by Cyber Greg
The two things you mentioned plus, f you have a nav screen there's a separate manual for that. There's a Mobil One pamphlet. It all comes inside a pleather pouch with a flag logo on it.

Congrats on your new purchase.
Thanks,

Ill let the dealership know of the check list

G
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Mine (4LT) came with a lot of booklets, from tires, warranty, nav and owner's manual, to chevy accessories and other crap like that. I threw those away. By the way, CEs only came in 3 or 4LT, so it'll have nav for sure. I only keep in the car the nav and owner's manual. Put the warranty legal crap away, along with the tire warranty and front plate. Other than that, you should get TWO fobs (#1 and #2), and a paper tag attached to the #2 (in case you lose both, I guess). That's about it. Oh, and I also got a very nice 'Corvette Driver Handbook', that I doubt you'd be getting, but wouldn't hurt to ask for it .

But the most important thing is to get the car with no damage, so make sure to check it thoroughly. DO NOT rely on a carfax and/or dealer word alone; take my word for it. And just enjoy it. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Mine (4LT) came with a lot of booklets, from tires, warranty, nav and owner's manual, to chevy accessories and other crap like that. I threw those away. By the way, CEs only came in 3 or 4LT, so it'll have nav for sure. I only keep in the car the nav and owner's manual. Put the warranty legal crap away, along with the tire warranty and front plate. Other than that, you should get TWO fobs (#1 and #2), and a paper tag attached to the #2 (in case you lose both, I guess). That's about it. Oh, and I also got a very nice 'Corvette Driver Handbook', that I doubt you'd be getting, but wouldn't hurt to ask for it .

But the most important thing is to get the car with no damage, so make sure to check it thoroughly. DO NOT rely on a carfax and/or dealer word alone; take my word for it. And just enjoy it. Good luck.
Mine is a 3LT and it does have nav. Whats the tire warranty? It did have 2 fobs. The car had no damage, no respray, no water damage - my mechanic that works on corvettes came with me independently and said it was good.

Thx.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
. Oh, and I also got a very nice 'Corvette Driver Handbook', that I doubt you'd be getting, but wouldn't hurt to ask for it .
That was something that most folks received via the mail.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut
Hi Guys,

Congrats on your purchase!! I think the others here have answered your question quite well. Wife used to have an '08 G8 GT, wish she still had it, that was a GREAT car! Granted she's quite happy with her vette, but still, for a 4-door, wow, awesome ride!

Get notified of new replies

To Picking up my '12 C6 GS - Centenial Edition - Contents question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Picking up my '12 C6 GS - Centenial Edition - Contents question