C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best windscreen for 05 Convertible?

Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Cobalt502
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best windscreen for 05 Convertible?

I am in the market for a windscreen for my new car and I think I will be going with the one GM offers, it is GM Part # 19156012. It looks perfect and after a little shopping on line I can find the exact unit for much less than the GM website. My question is the info on the windscreen is very vague and does not explain how it is mounted to the car? Does anybody have this unit and if so do you like it?

Thank you!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

I too am in the market for one of these, and have been researching for a while.

In the end, I have come to the conclusion that I will purchase the clear one that stays in place vs the GM removable one.

I don't want to have to stop and install/ remove it (albeit don't take long) before using my power top. Additionally, the GM on takes up trunk space, which my wife and I fully use on weekend trips.

I think functionally they work about the same.

Good luck and selecting which is best for you
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Cobalt502
Instructor

Excellent point, I have looked at that one as well and am seriously considering it for the same reasons. My only concern is that in the photo it doesn't look like it may offer as much wind protection at both the driver and passengers head, it seems to block between the seats more?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
alyupe11
Racer

Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM
dub squared
Instructor

I'm looking, too. Any info anyone?
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,608 Likes on 2,340 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Cobalt502
I am in the market for a windscreen for my new car and I think I will be going with the one GM offers, it is GM Part # 19156012. It looks perfect and after a little shopping on line I can find the exact unit for much less than the GM website. My question is the info on the windscreen is very vague and does not explain how it is mounted to the car? Does anybody have this unit and if so do you like it? Thank you!
Same one I have. I found the best price on-line and a local dealer matched it. The unit mounts with brackets you need to bolt in (easy install).
However, I find I don't use mine very often. If I am doing a freeway trip and want to drive with the windows up (yuck) it does a good job. Otherwise it seems like there is always a side wide causing turbulence.
I wish I would have saved the $$$.

Get notified of new replies

To Best windscreen for 05 Convertible?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best windscreen for 05 Convertible?