C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Corsa Catback???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Richie Fazio
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Get the Corsa Sport model. It's the best of both worlds. Quiet at cruise and plenty loud when you get on em.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
ace3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Corsa Sport on my '11 GS. Love it! Grumbles at idle, roars on acceleration, and is quiet when cruising on the highway. The best of all worlds.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Iceberg7r
Advanced

I have an 05.... Manual
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Pace
What years/models have the X pipe?

To the OP, I ran 2 sets of Corsas on my C5 before dumping them and going with a set from B&B. Had both the pace car and touring editions. Hated both. They were fine at idle, cruising around town, and while you were in the throttle. But as soon as you let out of the throttle it sounded like the car was backed into water with the pipes slightly covered, it just gurgled. A lot of people liked it, but to me, it was never a proper V8 sound.

To be fair, I haven't heard the Corsas on a C6 yet but I suspect they are at least similar. As someone else said, listen to them in person before you buy. My mistakes due to being impatient cost me a fair bit of money and hassle.

Not sure exactly but my 07 had h and my 11 and 12 has x......
Old 01-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Iceberg7r
Advanced

Yes.... It stands for "If You Aint Ordnance You Aint S**T".... I am an Aviation Ordnanceman in the Navy and have been doing it for over 10 years... Thanks for all the advise from everyone!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by KX
IMHO, Borla's belong on Camaro's and Mustang's. Just not a sophisticated sound befitting a Corvette. Corsa, while distinct in sound are just a tad not masculine enough. I have the cat back Magnaflow set up and love the deeper yet hearty masculine sound without being kid car sounding. As for NPP, a fiend has a new GS and thinks very little of them. Each to his own however.....
WHAT!! Borla's are for vettes....Flowmasters & Magnaflows are for Mustang's & others..

Last edited by Cherokee Nation; 01-11-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add a letter
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LFZ
This is a corvette...not a honda civic.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 PM
madmaxC6
4th Gear

The corsa exhaust is sweet!! Sounds great at idle and acceleration. No drone at highway speeds. Lots of complements - on C6 Z51
Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 PM
madmaxC6
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ace3
I have the Corsa Sport on my '11 GS. Love it! Grumbles at idle, roars on acceleration, and is quiet when cruising on the highway. The best of all worlds.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Chalupa Batman
Navigator

Actually had Corsa Sport put on my 2012 coupe today. I love it.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 AM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by KX
IMHO.....Corsa, while distinct in sound are just a tad not masculine enough. ...
say what???i dont know what you call "a tad not masculine" ...but ill tell you the Corsa system i got is just almost running open headers at WOT...if that is not masculine i dont know what u want...best thing for him if to find some local car shows or cruise ins and listen to those cars in real time live...that will make a believer on anything..
Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Iceberg7r
I just picked up my 1st Vette about a week ago. It is stock. Everyone I have talked to says to go with Corsa for my exhaust. I am trying to get some input. I found a Corsa exhaust model number: 14165, for Manual corvettes only it says, and it's a Catback system that comes with the X-pipe as well for $1715.... what do you guys think??? IYAOYAS
There have been many posts on this.Do a search,a few months ago there was a vote on exhaust and Borlas was the Big Winner...
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
There have been many posts on this.Do a search,a few months ago there was a vote on exhaust and Borlas was the Big Winner...
We got it!
You like Borla.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Bumpnrun
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Corsa Sport all the way........part #14169 for my 06' Manual..paid $1,147 shipped just over a year ago from AutoAnything.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 PM
rodknock
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to give another thumbs up for Corsa Sport.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Jumbo09
Intermediate

I was in the same boat about 6 months ago. I hated the sound of my stock exhaust and wanted something with a deep tone but not annoying, little or no drone and loud at wot. So I read almost every post I could find on the forum on this (lots to read) and listened to a variety of Corsa sports and extremes as well as some Borla stingers in person at our Posse cruise days. For me the list narrowed to three: the new generation Borla Atak, Corsa Extreme, or Akraprovic. I knew I didn't want flaps (NPP or BB Fusions) I could not justify the price for Akraprovic although they look awesome in Black tips and rare factor was there, so I was between the Corsa and the new Borlas......
I ended up with the Borla Atak from Maryland speed for approximate $1300 shipped. I could not be happier. Deep base at idle, amazing crackling when lifting of throttle, higher pitched and loud at WOT. The bonus was no drone on highway cruising. If you get, you won't regret it.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by saplumr
We got it!
You like Borla.
Nothin better out there..My 2cents.

Get notified of new replies

To Considering Corsa Catback???

Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Jumbo09
I was in the same boat about 6 months ago. I hated the sound of my stock exhaust and wanted something with a deep tone but not annoying, little or no drone and loud at wot. So I read almost every post I could find on the forum on this (lots to read) and listened to a variety of Corsa sports and extremes as well as some Borla stingers in person at our Posse cruise days. For me the list narrowed to three: the new generation Borla Atak, Corsa Extreme, or Akraprovic. I knew I didn't want flaps (NPP or BB Fusions) I could not justify the price for Akraprovic although they look awesome in Black tips and rare factor was there, so I was between the Corsa and the new Borlas......
I ended up with the Borla Atak from Maryland speed for approximate $1300 shipped. I could not be happier. Deep base at idle, amazing crackling when lifting of throttle, higher pitched and loud at WOT. The bonus was no drone on highway cruising. If you get, you won't regret it.
Smart Man
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

I'm not putting down Corsa's,but i don't like the Motor Boat sound,like many others on this forum has quoted.I'm 69 yrs old, so I like the Ole school sound.If i could run straight headers i would..........
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherokee Nation
I'm not putting down Corsa's,but i don't like the Motor Boat sound,like many others on this forum has quoted.I'm 69 yrs old, so I like the Ole school sound.If i could run straight headers i would..........
I'm not putting down Borla but the sound would have to be the best on the market to make up for the rolled tip look. Corsa has both looks and sound covered.

Quick Reply: Considering Corsa Catback???