C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Telescoping steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Move Over
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Telescoping steering wheel

Just landed my 2010 GS on Thanksgiving and one thing I noticed is that the telescopic steering wheel adjustment on steerng column does not function. Yet, the seating control memory setting adjust the sterring wheel just fine.

I presume it's just a bad switch and not a fuse since the memory settings work fine. Anyone had a similar issue?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

there is a fuse shown in the 2010 GS manual, in passenger kick panel, for... TELE
SWTCH/MSM
and yes, from my guess it is also for seat memory. but wouldnt hurt to check it.

oh.... try this, see post #2.. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...wont-move.html
and post #9... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...heel-quit.html

i read that there is (3?) connections under driver seat and if one not connected good, will cause loss of telescoping <--my bet is on this

Last edited by ChevyDave; 01-07-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 AM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Move Over
Just landed my 2010 GS on Thanksgiving and one thing I noticed is that the telescopic steering wheel adjustment on steerng column does not function. Yet, the seating control memory setting adjust the sterring wheel just fine.

I presume it's just a bad switch and not a fuse since the memory settings work fine. Anyone had a similar issue?
When I replaced my memory module, I had to use the Tech 2 to program the telescopic steering column. If the motor, switch, module, wiring, etc. are all OK, maybe try reprogramming.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

f.y.i.

the telescoping column switch is item #3 here.. http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...agramCallOut=3

and is GM parts number of 88963397
Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Move Over
Instructor

Thank you for the infomration, gents. Looks like I will have some garage time this evening after work :-)
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Move Over
Instructor

Well, no such luck. Memory settings will extend or retreat the column but not the switch on the steering column itself. Looks like dealership material.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 AM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyDave
...i read that there is (3?) connections under driver seat and if one not connected good, will cause loss of telescoping...
If there are also problems with seat functions, then I agree it might be underseat wiring or something else: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...t-no-work.html

If the seat works fine, then I think the OP is right -- sounds like a bad switch on the steering column.

Last edited by CO Lightfoot; 01-10-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Telescoping steering wheel

Quick Reply: Telescoping steering wheel