C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying 2013 GS from NH dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Guys, its simple logic really. The end of the ordering is gone, so now it comes down to whcih has the right car and deal to match. I spoke with all three of the dealers mentioned, and would buy from any one of them in the future. If I order one, it will be a tough decision. But for the original poster, its down to who has what he wants, NOW and can make the right deal. As far as the storms in NJ the kerbeck vettes were high and dry, I know this as I have clients right there who were also dry. They are far enough inland that it didint have na effect, but even still they emptied their lots well in advance.

As far as getting it home, I agree, nice weather here the end of this week, fly up and drive home, you will enjoy it!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 PM
c6 CHEVY
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Besides Tommy being a friend of mine , the facility is second to none. I would never have to worry about bringing it there for anything. Tom, ( Cape Cod Vette ) you keep bringing up mikes very close to Bowling Green. That means nothing to me. It doesn't help in sales or service. My 2 cents of course.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
VA50th
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Mickol
Ordered my 2012 GS from Tommy in March. Everything was done over the phone and overnight mail. Tommy took care of everything.

Used Intercity to get my 2007 to Tommy and again to get the 2012 to me. Intercity is a class act. Driver kept in touch and was on time.

If you go with Intercity be sure to let them know you are a Forum member. They give a discount.

Good Luck with your sale.
Kinda curious how this arrangement worked out. Was Tommy able to include the price of the transport of the vehicles or did you have to write a separate check to Intercity?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM
c6 CHEVY
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I have used Intercity in the past for other purchases but I believe you would pay with another check. Others would have to chime in.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm curious how easy/smooth the transaction was for those folks that have traded a vehicle in on their new Corvette (ie - trading their previous vette). Smooth/easy, work out OK? How were the logistics handled long-distance-wise (ie - reaching a fair trade based on condition, etc.)?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
c6 CHEVY
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I traded an 07 in. Told him what I wanted, what car I wanted, he looked up the value of my trade and in a few minutes deal was done. No doc fees, hidden fees done.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM
GS GUY
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by capecodvette
Tommy Jr is a good guy, sells lots of Vettes. He is not the only one that sells a ton of Vettes. True, I am on the Mike Furman band-wagon, but 34 years selling Vette's....hmmmm...#1 in Corvette sales in the country, Mike transacts his own deals, runs the Corvette business for Criswell, has 170+ Corvette's on the ground....highly respected and regarded at Bowling Green by the entire BG team, including the plant manager.
Kerbeck is actually #1
MacMulkin is #2 in Corvette sales
I don't know where Criswell falls in, maybe #3????
Criswells web site says 65 new vettes in stock and 3 used.
I'm not putting them down, just trying to get someof the facts straight. BTW, I'm another highly satisfied out of state customer of Tommy Jr.'s
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM
BOCG
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another completely satisfied customer of Tommy Jr. We live two hours away and just took delivery of factory ordered GS...easiest and most pleasant car purchase I have ever made. I new the financials before I first visited and so when my wife and I drove up to New Hampshire, we were able to concentrate fully on looking at different specs and on driving several different models before we choose our spec (GS, NRBM, Coupe, manual). They have almost any possible spec available in the showroom, so it made it a lot easier to really see what our car would look and feel like. They have a great formula and as a buyer you actually enjoy the experience which is how it should be for a car like the vette.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default 301 212 4420 Mike Furman Criswell Chevrolet

Originally Posted by GS GUY
Kerbeck is actually #1
MacMulkin is #2 in Corvette sales
I don't know where Criswell falls in, maybe #3????
Criswells web site says 65 new vettes in stock and 3 used.
I'm not putting them down, just trying to get someof the facts straight. BTW, I'm another highly satisfied out of state customer of Tommy Jr.'s
Criswell finished 3rd the last few yrs in Corvette Sales Nationally. I have 70 new Corvettes on the ground and another 100 inbound over the next 3 mos. If the OP feels comfortable with his deal then proceed and be happy as you're getting America's #1 Sports Car!

Mike Furman
301 212 4420 desk direct
Criswell Chevrolet
Gaithersburg, MD
"I ship Nationwide and have been personally selling Corvette's for 34 + yrs"
Old 01-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Phone and internet is a wonderful thing. Call Kerbeck, MacMillen, Tommy, Boardwalk and Coughlin in Columbus Ohio. Everyday deals and inventory changes. I did and got mine from Coughlin using Terry Goodin a great guy. Coughlin is the#4 dealer in the country.

Does not matter what any of us pulled off or what we bought. You need to find a car and find the best deal for you.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Its highly unlikely that any of those mentioned would steer you wrong. all have good reputations, except of course from the smaller players who claim they( the forum dealers) cannot do what they do every single day. I have to imagine they all get similair discounts and can do great deals within a few bucks of each other. so, which one has the car you want?
Thats the beauty of the web, you can go find out yourself in minutes, then place the call.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stick with the big three and you can't go wrong; they can't afford to spoil their reputation here on the Forum.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by p4snow
Bought from Tommy, Jr. and did museum delivery. Flawless in every way.

DITTO!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM
ron landgraf
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If you have a trade shop around. I purchased a new C6 from Coughlin thru Rick Conti.
I received all the up front discounts an several thousand more for my trade.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:03 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
.............. If he isn't the largest selling dealer he must be numer 2 at least. Have no fears dealing with Tommy
Tommy Jr told me a couple of years ago that a goal at MacMulkin was to become the #1 sales leader of new Corvettes meaning overtaking Kerbecks. I will say that they are well on their way of achieving that goal as soon as GM allocation system will allow. Notice that you rarely hear folks singing high praises of Kerbecks??
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by flange
Its highly unlikely that any of those mentioned would steer you wrong. all have good reputations, ................Thats the beauty of the web, you can go find out yourself in minutes, then place the call.
If you are going to order a vette anytime in the future, I will put my plug in for Ken Fichtner as being a super supporter of the Forum and a super guy to order from with excellent pricing. Being a small dealer, he won't have a large inventory on the ground compared to many other Forum Dealers. Ken sold me his one and only 06 Z06 allocation for the year and with no dealer premium. I ordered my 07 vert a year later at GM supplier pricing. Completely seamless transactions with NCM delivery for both cars.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 AM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by c6 CHEVY
Besides Tommy being a friend of mine , the facility is second to none. I would never have to worry about bringing it there for anything. Tom, ( Cape Cod Vette ) you keep bringing up mikes very close to Bowling Green. That means nothing to me. It doesn't help in sales or service. My 2 cents of course.
Close to BG was a huge plus for me, as I requested a delay in TPW. MacMulkin could not do that...and I asked. Sales/Service...any reputable Chevy dealer will take care of the Corvette. Of course, I am fussy, so not just any Chevy dealer. Dick Beard Chevy-Hyannis, MA is handling the courtesy delivery. They are not a high volume Corvette dealer. However, they are reputable, have a trained staff, and know how to service Corvette's.

Get notified of new replies

To Buying 2013 GS from NH dealer?

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by butchn
MacMulkin is the #2 new Corvette dealer.
So if the discouting was the same, why buy from so far away?

Me, I knew of the other dealers but I drove 20 minutes up the street, talked with Tommy, explained I wanted to go used due to a couple of identity theft bad credit reports on my credit report & Tommy was able to put me in a '13 for a hellof a lower iterest rate, the same monthly payments, & term as the 'mom & pop' used car dlrs. were trying to do with no C6 newer than an 08 with 50K plus miles!

How can one beat that?
I respect your opinion. However, purchasing from a long distance dealer (in my case Criswell in MD) is not a big deal. There is a process called drop ship, courtesy delivery. All of which Dick Beard Chevy Hyannis, MA (15 minutes from my house) will do. My car is enroute, and anticipated to land at Beard Chevy Friday, Jan. 11th.

Criswell is #3. Mike Furman is #1 Corvette Sales.

Again, with all due respect to your opinion.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
General Lee
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're having a vehicle delivered to your location You may want to get a window of delivery date of when to expect it from the dealer and a quote for the cost. good luck
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 PM
SenseiDave
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for the great information! I am mailing a deposit check tomorrow to Tommy for a car the way I want which will be built toward the end of next month. I am thinking I'll do the Museum delivery. I've been there before and know the tour is closed now but since I'll have to pay a fee somewhere, the trip makes it a bit more special. Anybody know how to get from Nashville airport to Bowling Green. I'm thinking one way rental car or cardboard sign. Any other options?

Quick Reply: Buying 2013 GS from NH dealer?