C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GrandSport Rocker Panel Damage

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 AM
jsc6254
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 GrandSport Rocker Panel Damage

Bad Weekend. Pulled out of garage and got flat right rear message. Did some searching on forum for repair and read where I needed to call Goodyear 800 number for a run flat repair center. Being semi intelligent, instead of calling the 800 number I took my car to a "Goodyear Tire Center" about 1/2 mile from my house thinking that they would be the "experts". On check in I told the guy it was a runflat with 3400 miles on car. I also told him that the jacking pucks were in the storage box under the hatch. I walked next door to have lunch while they took care of my tire. Got a call from the facility about half an hour later saying that there was a nail in my tire and because it was a runflat it could not be repaired. The technician stated that I would have to replace both back tires due to some wear that had already occurred. I left restaurant and went back to facility to discuss options. It turns out that they are not a runflat repair facility and the tire could be repaired at a qualified facility. While my car was still on the jack I noticed that they had not used the jacking puck and they had busted the rocker panel. Then they could not find where they had placed my key fob. Next I had to stop the technician from releasing the jack due to the tire had not been reinstalled. So much for the experts.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:52 AM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

this is exactly why I trust no one with my car!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Leaving your car and going for lunch was your mistake,I would never leave my car,I watch like a hawk when my car is being serviced. I hope they take car of it for you.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM
87C4_4spd
Drifting

That just sucks!

I was a mechanic 16 years before getting into IT in 95 and have seen a lot of things. I hate taking my car in for service anywhere. I try to watch or at least get them started on things they may not know about my car. I try to do most work myself when possible.

I recently took my 87 Vette into the Chevy dealer to have tires put on. I told the service writer to put the shifter in first before going into reverse or shut the car off. Next I am standing outside and hear this awful grinding. Another person was trying to force the shifter in reverse over and over I had to run across the parking lot and yell "Stop!" I then took my car and left and had tires put on at another tire dealer.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:17 AM
lmello211
Advanced

Default bummer

this just reinforces my paranoia about bringing any of my cars in for service - even oil changes.

A couple years ago I brought my wifes Tahoe to Speedy for an oil change. I watched as the tech kept opening the door directly into the back of his tool box. He did it twice before I could go over and tell him that the next thing that will be banging up against his tool box would be his forehead.

Also, I have witnessed two occasions where the oil changes went wrong with my father and father in law resulting in oil leaking everywhere post oil change.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 GrandSport Rocker Panel Damage

Quick Reply: 2011 GrandSport Rocker Panel Damage