C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is the blendmount the only decent detector mount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

I like it. I never considered buying a detector until I saw the blend mount.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Steve-O
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes its a little pricey, about $150 when you get the power cord and S&H but its made extremely well, fits perfectly, no shake ,doesnt move, clean install.

I wish I had found it 10 years ago.

Just Do It !

Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Bruiser2012
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 48 Posts

Gotta say I thought it was pricy as well, but it's money well spent. It mounts the radar in a good place, and the mirror tap works great as well. You can take it off the mount if you go somewhere that they are not allowed, such as a military base.

-Bob George
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

A friend took the suction cup mount for his Valentine; removed the cups, turned it around, and mounted it into the plastic w/s trim with small sheet metal screws and small rubber grommets that allow mating the flat surface of the mount onto the curved w/s trim.

It sits about where the Onstar box would be if he had it. Semi-stealth, and the Valentine remote indicator on the steering column.

I removed my Onstar box (lost only the Onstar, nothing else) and put mine in the same place. Love it.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Binh360
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tide Will Roll!
I may end up getting a blendmount, right now mines mounted up high to the right of rearview just below the XM box, using the suction cups and a smartwire. Its a Beltronics Pro RX-65, in stealth mode.

My biggest concern with the Blendmount is, if I am stopped with the Blendmount....the RD will be the first thing a cop sees when he walks up to the car. At that point, not much chance of him just giving a warning.

Bert

Roll Tide!
I wouldn't say that. I got pulled over with mine and she just let me go on a warning.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM
philip_g
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
A friend took the suction cup mount for his Valentine; removed the cups, turned it around, and mounted it into the plastic w/s trim with small sheet metal screws and small rubber grommets that allow mating the flat surface of the mount onto the curved w/s trim.

It sits about where the Onstar box would be if he had it. Semi-stealth, and the Valentine remote indicator on the steering column.

I removed my Onstar box (lost only the Onstar, nothing else) and put mine in the same place. Love it.
heck you could just make a mount to stick to the OS box that's just an angled bit of metal and some double back tape
Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Supercrewbear
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by philip_g
it looks nice, but $130? Think I'll stick with suction cups.
Last c6 had the great lakes and it was less than fantastic, voztech looks like they don't exist any more, is there anyone I'm missing?
I had the Great Lakes mount and it was *okay*...except the detector was never quite pointing the correct direction and twice the tape came loose. It wasn't very expensive...

After the tape came loose on the GL for the 2nd time I broke down and bought the Blend Mount. I thought it seemed expensive too. But, guess what, my detector is always pointing the correct direction and the mount has never came loose. You definitely get what you pay for. I would buy one again if I had it to do over.

I'll admit that installing the Blend Mount is a little odd and the instructions aren't quite as clear as they could be but once you have it installed, you're done.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Bought it - love the fit/finish...well worth the money IMO. If anyone is interested, I've got the Great Lakes visor mount with Invisi-cord available for $20. Drop me a pm.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by philip_g
heck you could just make a mount to stick to the OS box that's just an angled bit of metal and some double back tape
That might work, but my wife was complaining about the Onstar box already, and hanging the V1 on it would really annoy her.
We had a 2006 without Onstar, first day in the 2009 she said "what's that big ugly box by my head?"
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
bud miller
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cclive
Not as far as I am concerned...here's mine. I like the location much better. I have my Redline on it now...the pics show my 8500 X50.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...nt-w-pics.html
i use a similiar bracket..you can buy on internet..it mounts on visor bracket..
it does not block visibility..looks that way from pic..but its up hi by my rear view mirror..when if warns me..i can check out front and in my mirror quickly..

Quick Reply: is the blendmount the only decent detector mount?