C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Display indications

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 PM
pictureman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Display indications

I'm not sure if I asked this question before but.....
I was wondering about this. I have an 2007 C6 with only 13,700 mi on it and now I'm getting a display reading that shows Check oil level. This all started just a few miles after I had the oil changed .

I checked the level and it was fine, so took it back to the dealer and they said, "Its most likely the gauge cluster, or the sending unit at the tank". They went on to say, "It's not a big deal at all, as long as the level is fine". Is that true?

Also, do you think it would help or fix the problem if I just reset the switch back to 100% and let it count down from there?
I've only put a 150 miles or so on it since this started.

Can I get some opinions?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I don't have any suggestions for fixing the problem other than: don't set the oil life left gauge back to 100%. For sure, that won't fix it, and it might cause you to not change the oil when it should be.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
MelAnn
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Oil level" and "Oil life" are completely different things and should not be related at all.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
pictureman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kind of figured that but just thought I'd throw it out there. As far as the oil life is concerned that wouldn't matter too much because the car hasn't been driven that much since the oil change.

Any other thoughts??? Thanks again in advance.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by pictureman
I'm not sure if I asked this question before but.....
I was wondering about this. I have an 2007 C6 with only 13,700 mi on it and now I'm getting a display reading that shows Check oil level. This all started just a few miles after I had the oil changed .

I checked the level and it was fine, so took it back to the dealer and they said, "Its most likely the gauge cluster, or the sending unit at the tank". They went on to say, "It's not a big deal at all, as long as the level is fine". Is that true?

Also, do you think it would help or fix the problem if I just reset the switch back to 100% and let it count down from there?
I've only put a 150 miles or so on it since this started.

Can I get some opinions?

Thanks
Too funny, have the sensor in the oil pan checked, especially since they just did an oil change. And find another dealer

And no, it really doesn't matter about the level as long as you aren't using any oil. But the sensor also reads oil temp used to set the oil life usage.

Last edited by glenB; 01-05-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Otherslost
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an 07 as well and just had to have the sensor replaced. My friends that own a Big O tires swapped it out no problem. Solved the problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Display indications

Quick Reply: Display indications