C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deadbeats and my C6

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by orca1946
YEAH ! Cops follow my yellow vette around all the time - even when others speed past me over the limit & don't even see the cop they pass!!
The color yellow is also an insect attractant.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM
gsxrguy84
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Red
What do you expect when 47% of the population are takers? I do NOT drive the car where the takers congregate. SprawlMart comes to mind as the top of the list.
That's funny. I shop at Wal-mart all the time. Often in my corvette in the summer time.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by ChevyCobb
They aren't all nice down here in GA. I had a similar situation as the OP. Cleaned the car up well just before it started to get real cold. Took to car out one morning, came home and noticed splatter of a very sticky, pink drink on the passenger side of it. I dont remember running something over, but it made its way on the fender, door, window, rear window, rear quarter and hatch lid. Was a pain to get off the little specks that were like sap. I was so damn frustrated. Other corvette people around here on the other hand....damn nice people!
You must have had a "Roll Tide" sticker on your Vette.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:07 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by troller399
Exaclty where did you get this 47& from?

It comes from the fact that 47% of the general population don't pay any Federal Income Tax, meaning they in effect don't pay anything for our national defense, for the over 500 federal programs designed to "help" the "poor", to pay for the cost of natural disaster relief, etc., etc. So, in effect 47% of people are on the public dole because they don't contribute to the cost of all these things; and the other 53% of the public pay not only their fair share, but more than their fair share, because they are supporting the other 47%.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by SenseiDave
It's a sad fact of life: *******s are everywhere (and rapidly breeding). In todays' political climate of class warfare, this kind of thing is predictible. You have a nice ride, enjoy it. Glad it was just soda. You have to be careful though about getting too mad. If you throw mud at a pig for kicking mud on you, you are the only one who gets dirty. The best revenge is living well.
People are living longer these days due to advances in medicine so now we have a overpopulation problem on top of the rapid breeding problem.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 PM
mriley1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DONT put a camera in your car. Thats just incentive to break the window and steal the camera. I once had somebody spit on my car. fortunately i knew who did it because i had a witness....revenge never tasted so sweet
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM
FRChilln
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Haha I know your feeling. I occasionally take a trip out to Buckeye AZ and everyone there just gives you the cold shoulder
Old 01-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

When I had my first C6 which was Black someone did the same thing to mine, it takes a real low life to do smoothing like this.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:36 AM
cldgin2
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

You mean the 53% don't pay their fair share don't you? Or so I'm always being told

Originally Posted by laconiajack
It comes from the fact that 47% of the general population don't pay any Federal Income Tax, meaning they in effect don't pay anything for our national defense, for the over 500 federal programs designed to "help" the "poor", to pay for the cost of natural disaster relief, etc., etc. So, in effect 47% of people are on the public dole because they don't contribute to the cost of all these things; and the other 53% of the public pay not only their fair share, but more than their fair share, because they are supporting the other 47%.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 AM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
It's worse in California We have so much road debris from sheet rock, nails, glass, refrigerators, applicances, plywood, couches furniture, building materials, landscaping equipment with just about everything including the kitchen sink and anything than can damage your Corvette since our cars our low we are even more suceptible to getting the worst of damage but any of the above will damage any motorist driving on the freeways and beat up streets here.
Plus we have the worst roads all beat up, pot holes that will bend your rims or ruin your alignment. More expensive to maintain a car here because of all this that we pay for but doesn't get done.

Don't even think of taking your Corvette to San Francisco (real bad roads) and especially in the hilly areas. Not a Corvette friendly place. Better off with a Buick Park Avenue to protect yourself (body) from all the shock and isolate you better from torn up unmaintaned roads.
Where is all that pot taxes going to? lol. Maybe the workers are too high to work.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Take the PR&C discussion to the forum set up for that.

Quick Reply: Deadbeats and my C6