C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Dealer in Columbia totally screwed me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

terrible dealer experience.

I'll be at rucker March-June for AQC. are you RA, reserve, or guard?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:43 PM
wiggins82abn
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lrobe22
terrible dealer experience.

I'll be at rucker March-June for AQC. are you RA, reserve, or guard?
I'm RA
Old 01-04-2013, 11:52 PM
wiggins82abn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
To OP. Did you pick up your car today?
I did pick up the car today. They replaced the window and re-tinted the windows to match what I had before, and they did a full detailing of the car. They did complete the full service I requested also. The only thing they charged me for was parts, no labor. (Not for the window and tint, just for the servicing)

I do notice now that the driver side door handle doesn't work as it should. I have to play with it in order to get into the car. The passenger side works fine. I think something was damaged when they were messing with the door. I am going to take it somewhere else to have it looked at, once I get out of the school.

This was such a frustrating experience. Hopefully none of you ever have to deal with stupidity on this level.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggins82abn
I did pick up the car today. They replaced the window and re-tinted the windows to match what I had before, and they did a full detailing of the car. They did complete the full service I requested also. The only thing they charged me for was parts, no labor. (Not for the window and tint, just for the servicing)

I do notice now that the driver side door handle doesn't work as it should. I have to play with it in order to get into the car. The passenger side works fine. I think something was damaged when they were messing with the door. I am going to take it somewhere else to have it looked at, once I get out of the school.

This was such a frustrating experience. Hopefully none of you ever have to deal with stupidity on this level.
Hang in there and thank you for your service and also for the warning. Know this also people from G/M moniter this site all the time. I had a problem awhile back and like you raised a ruckass. G/M customer service got involved directly and within a couple of days I got calls from the dealership apoligizing all over themselves. Turned out G/M customer called them and chewed them out for messing up an 80,000 car.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

sounds almost good. did you get my email btw?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 AM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Cool, what are you wanting to fly?
I went through 09-10
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
wiggins82abn
Advanced

Originally Posted by AORoads
sounds almost good. did you get my email btw?
No. I never received your e-mail... Where did you send it?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 AM
wiggins82abn
Advanced

Originally Posted by lrobe22
Cool, what are you wanting to fly?
I went through 09-10
I am actually in a different program. I will be a CID Warrant Officer.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I am actually in a different program. I will be a CID Warrant Officer.
Good luck at school and unless they have changed things be prepared to be treated like you are in boot camp again. Not sure why they feel the need to conduct the course that way for those who have been in for years already, but it is what it is.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Ohio,or S.C.
There is no Columbia in OH.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
wiggins82abn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Allan
There is no Columbia in OH.
It's Columbia, TN
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM
dabmeister
Intermediate

To the OP, thanks for your honest & unselfish service to our country. I myself was a medic in the AR and understand that mishaps such as this tend to throw your plans off course.

But when you put your trust in a dealership who's suppose to be of the utmost in professionalism, it tarnishes the whole gamut of who's worthy of doing top notch work like they're suppose to be doing.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:28 PM
markmott
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by jkcam6017
I would want to see the car at once. It would not be the first time that a dealer smashed a car and used a lame excuse to try and do the body work before the owner finds out. If it is only the window, it is a stupid inconvenience, if it is more than the window, you should know about it. It sounds like they know you are leaving town, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

Go look at it ASAP sounds really fishy, could be a lot more damage than just window.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,074 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Nice to hear your on the road again. have a safe trip and thanks for your service.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Dealers use the vin number to cut keys, just had them make key for the hatch today, using the vin number, never gave them my keys.
Stupid dealership, not thinking.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

No. I never received your e-mail... Where did you send it?
to the add in your CF profile. will re-send now.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Ohio,or S.C.
It is Columbus in Ohio.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Dealer in Columbia totally screwed me.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can order the replacement touch pad for the door and replace it in less than five minutes. Both sides shipped to your door are probably less than $30.00 from Gene Culley at GMPartsHouse.
If it were me I would try replacing the touchpad instead of the hassle of taking it to someone else

Bert

Roll Tide!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
wiggins82abn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tide Will Roll!
You can order the replacement touch pad for the door and replace it in less than five minutes. Both sides shipped to your door are probably less than $30.00 from Gene Culley at GMPartsHouse.
If it were me I would try replacing the touchpad instead of the hassle of taking it to someone else

Bert

Roll Tide!
Thanks. I will give that a try.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
azcanuk
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 120 Posts

Default re-index window

if the problem is that the door is not opening due to the window not indexing down far enough to allow door to open, reindex the window.. easy to do.. check owners manual.. but something like 1) lower window all way 2) raise window all way up and hold window switch for three seconds 3) pull window switch to "up" position and hold another three seconds... or something like that.. good luck!

Quick Reply: Corvette Dealer in Columbia totally screwed me.