C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tinting side door glass on a c6

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:33 AM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Default tinting side door glass on a c6

here is a semi dumb question...planning on tinting the side door glass today, (yeah i know, i shouldn't do it myself, but it was a xmas present) but cant figure out how to raise the door glass completely with the door open...i cant find it in the search files either...anybody? ...im thinking i can just open the door and engage the door strike with a screw driver, then when im done just simply hit the unlock button...will this work...?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM
tradon6142003
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look up window indexing. I had to redo mine after i had the battery disconnected. After i disconnected the battery for some work to be done it would roll all the way up but when i shut the door it would not roll up you had to do it manually. I looked up window indexing in the manual and it said something about how to engage it again. Surely it will tell you how to disengage it or wait and someone smarter than me will come along and tell you
Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by veloz
here is a semi dumb question...planning on tinting the side door glass today, (yeah i know, i shouldn't do it myself, but it was a xmas present) but cant figure out how to raise the door glass completely with the door open...i cant find it in the search files either...anybody? ...im thinking i can just open the door and engage the door strike with a screw driver, then when im done just simply hit the unlock button...will this work...?
yes this is exactly what you have to do... Actually you don't even need a screw driver. You can do it with just your finger in the door latch mechanism. When done just push either the button on outside of door or inside to un-trip the latch making car think you have opened the door. Unlock button only will not work.
Steven
Old 01-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

open the door and go back to piler with a screw drive and move it like the door is closed and you are done push the button on door like you are opening it and the latch will move to the position it needs to be so you can close
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 PM
veloz
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 7125
open the door and go back to piler with a screw drive and move it like the door is closed and you are done push the button on door like you are opening it and the latch will move to the position it needs to be so you can close

thanks to the ones that replied..the door strike did the trick..BTW just got finished doing both side windows and Ill tell you it was not fun - the only motivation for me doing it was the cost for local shops in the area.....i ended up doing each window twice. the trick is heat shrinking the film on the outside of the window...the more accurate you get this the easier it will be to install it on the inside..for novices like me ill warn you it is not easy...those guys in youtube make it look very easy and fast... i got cut and burnt few times and almost lost my cool with my dog.......my advice, buy two sets of the rolls bc you prolly have to do them more than once...and take your time heat shrinking the film.overall, cool project anybody can do in their garage. check out the pics including my ol'school border
Attached Images   

Last edited by veloz; 01-03-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To tinting side door glass on a c6

Quick Reply: tinting side door glass on a c6