C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went To Start My Car - Battery Dead? Clicking noise now present, blue crystals on pos

Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM
mattbrown0761
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went To Start My Car - Battery Dead? Clicking noise now present, blue crystals on pos

So I started my car last week and ran it for 30 minutes as I usually do during the winter. This week I went to start it, and the push button start just made the noise like it wanted to start but the battery didn't have full strength. All the lights and everything worked, but now everything is dead and there is this clicking noise that won't stop I can hear it coming from somewhere near the engine and I can hear it inside the cabin near the glove box. What is buildup on the positive terminal? Battery is almost 3 years old...any suggestions?? Can I just disconnect the ground with that noise or what...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,046 Likes on 820 Posts

What year & miles, Matt?
Been using a battery tender while car's been stored; or, relied on starting it every week -or so?

Sounds like if you replaced the battery any & all nonsense would go away since it started recently. When these cells go south they go, little if any warning. 3 years is getting up in age for today's batteries, especially if they've not had the benefit of a battery tender.

Try a new battery and keep us posted, good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Went To Start My Car - Battery Dead? Clicking noise now present, blue crystals on pos