C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polishing Chrome Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 AM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
BTW, Rejex claims their product can withstand 600'F once it has cured, so it should be ok on the exhaust tips. But they clean up so easily with Simichrome, and stay good for a while, so I haven't bothered with the Rejex. Has anyone tried it on an exhaust?
I used Blue Magic metal polish with a felt cone/electric drill to originally clean them up, then coated with Rejex. Seems to hold up well. I wipe them down/out periodically, and haven't had a need to use the metal polish anymore.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,934 Likes on 4,814 Posts

Mothers Chrome Polish works fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Dino 615
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Harbor Freight. They have the mini polishing kits for like $4 that have the polishing bars and the 4" buff with the drill arbor. It literally takes 15 minutes to make all 4 tips look like chrome. The 4" fits all the way in to the exhaust too so I am able to polish way up in there. I do the compound just every so often and in between use the same buff with any kind of liquid polish to keep them very shiny. The compound only needs to be used every so often to remove the pits.

Quick Reply: Polishing Chrome Exhaust