C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gm customer service update

Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Al1969
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gm customer service update

Just wanted to update everyone on my last post. I had my C6 flat bedded out of the non cooperative dealership. I brought to a different dealership and had the battery and alternator replaced. They told me it should be fine and DBS. Should be "cured". However, GM customer service it's atrocious at best. I finally spoke to the District Rep and he was not very helpful and somewhat defiant and rude. Picked up my C6 yesterday. However, now I have the "service fuel" warning. Bringing it back to the dealership. Is it just my case where my 2005 C6 with less than 24,000 it's somewhat of a "lemon". It seems this car spends more time at the service shop than on the road.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
VERTBLK
Racer

Take off the fuel cap and put it back on and hope that is the problem.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

A bad gas cap will say 'CHECK GAS CAP" on the DIC.What you can do for a quick info type thing is find your local auto parts chain store and ask for the scanner.It's a free service.You hook up to your computer port (forget what the correct name is) and it will read what codes are saying and may even turn off that light.Service fuel could be anything.Furthermore,there is/was a TSB on the DBS that called for a reflash of your cars computer.If that wasn't done,they haven't fixed anything except your battery and alternator.Look up in FAQ for info on this.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 144 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
A bad gas cap will say 'CHECK GAS CAP" on the DIC.What you can do for a quick info type thing is find your local auto parts chain store and ask for the scanner.It's a free service.You hook up to your computer port (forget what the correct name is) and it will read what codes are saying and may even turn off that light.Service fuel could be anything.Furthermore,there is/was a TSB on the DBS that called for a reflash of your cars computer.If that wasn't done,they haven't fixed anything except your battery and alternator.Look up in FAQ for info on this.
I had a many time 05 manual and I had to provide the service guys with the info to do the reflash. Here it is if OP needs it. PIC4188B
Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try using up this tank of gas and filling it up with new gas. Sometimes, gas goes bad, it happened to me with the Miata, never the Corvette.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Al1969
Intermediate

Thanks everyone! I will provide it to service department when I bring it back tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Al1969
Just wanted to update everyone on my last post. I had my C6 flat bedded out of the non cooperative dealership. I brought to a different dealership and had the battery and alternator replaced. They told me it should be fine and DBS. Should be "cured". However, GM customer service it's atrocious at best. I finally spoke to the District Rep and he was not very helpful and somewhat defiant and rude. Picked up my C6 yesterday. However, now I have the "service fuel" warning. Bringing it back to the dealership. Is it just my case where my 2005 C6 with less than 24,000 it's somewhat of a "lemon". It seems this car spends more time at the service shop than on the road.
It's too bad the GOOD people there are overshadowed by the IdEots in Customer Service Hope you have a good outcome soon
Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Bad gas!

Originally Posted by EyeMaster
Try using up this tank of gas and filling it up with new gas. Sometimes, gas goes bad, it happened to me with the Miata, never the Corvette.
I had on my 06 C6 A6 a hesitation when coming to a stop and the car would throw me toward the steering wheel on accelleration for two weeks. Finally, my pharmacist and NOT GM engineer figured it out, BAD GAS! Used old gas up and refilled with good gas and everything worked fine from then on.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:01 AM
lsuwalt
Intermediate

Many 2005 C6's have the same defective fuel sending card as the C5. If that is your problem, you may be better off not touching it as it is quite a job dropping the tank(s) to get to it.

I have the same problem with my 05 C6 manual - I get service fuel system whenever the car has been run long distances and/or when it switches tanks - gas gauge drops to E as well.

Techron seems to help; I just live with it rather than let the dealership tear it apart and damage something else in the process.

Good luck
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 AM
srtrich
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just came back from the military and my 05 has been nothing but problems. Car was only started and driven around locally while I was gone. Now that the warranty is up this past month it has been issue after issue after issue. Im about to put a sign on it...
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by srtrich
I just came back from the military and my 05 has been nothing but problems. Car was only started and driven around locally while I was gone. Now that the warranty is up this past month it has been issue after issue after issue. Im about to put a sign on it...
Do it, once becomes a "dud", always a "dud" except under UNUSUAL circumstances. I was ready to unload mine but I had too much in it after GM declared BR. Now the cost has doubled, because of the 1,000s/s I lost. Goverment and GM doesn't care 'bout people, just sxxxw them.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Al1969
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lsuwalt
Many 2005 C6's have the same defective fuel sending card as the C5. If that is your problem, you may be better off not touching it as it is quite a job dropping the tank(s) to get to it.

I have the same problem with my 05 C6 manual - I get service fuel system whenever the car has been run long distances and/or when it switches tanks - gas gauge drops to E as well.

Techron seems to help; I just live with it rather than let the dealership tear it apart and damage something else in the process.

Good luck
That's exactly what the dealer said. He'll have to drop the tank. Drove it today and now the fuel gauge is registering. However the warning for "service engines soon" a yellow icon is showing on the instrument screen. I'm wondering if should just try putting better gas in it and see what happens. Read the manual it says that warning is emission related.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 PM
hawkandersonjr
Burning Brakes

Location: US-ARMY 1974-1996 Retired ; Oklahoma, City ; Atlanta, Ga: Hephzibah, Ga
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

That's exactly what the dealer said. He'll have to drop the tank. Drove it today and now the fuel gauge is registering. However the warning for "service engines soon" a yellow icon is showing on the instrument screen. I'm wondering if should just try putting better gas in it and see what happens. Read the manual it says that warning is emission related.
Man I must be one lucky guy. Bought my 05 a year ago, second owner with over 67,000 miles. Except for minor things like replacing the battery, the wire harness for DRL she’s been kicking butt and taking names. I hope I don’t curse myself, but she’s been good to me. Of course I treat her like a lady.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Al1969
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hawkandersonjr
Man I must be one lucky guy. Bought my 05 a year ago, second owner with over 67,000 miles. Except for minor things like replacing the battery, the wire harness for DRL she’s been kicking butt and taking names. I hope I don’t curse myself, but she’s been good to me. Of course I treat her like a lady.
That's great to hear. I have less 24,000 on mine. Main issue has been the DBS. Other than that nothing major, but then again can't start it without a battery.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 AM
lsuwalt
Intermediate

Mine does the same thing with the yellow engine light - try some fresh, high octane Chevron/Texaco gas and add a bottle of Techron.

I've lived with it for 7 years because I don't want them to drop the tank for a minor, intermittent problem.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:47 AM
grayline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate it because the hi tech dealership technicians CANNOT AND WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Until the car throws codes, if it spits and sputters and backfires flames out of the headlights, they have not a clue and will even tell you that.Having relied on reading the codes and looking up tsbs no one can fix anything without waiting for the code. It took me 4 times taking my GS in for tpms after the dealership installed new tires . It kept showing "check tire pressure" reading 00 psi they claimed to reset it over and over again. I told them why not replace the da*n thing they said they could not until it threw a code showing it was bad. I asked the guy DOES 4 freggin times not tell you its bad? After no# 5 I called the GM regional in our region and asked for him to either come get my car himself or I was going to have it towed to the dealership under warranty.TODAY he made a phone call had me take it in did it while I waited and said after it was all over with he said its a factory issue they have cut down after the Bankruptcy from swap parts to try and try and try again and fix it.screw the customer. So he gave us 2 free oil changes.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 AM
hawkandersonjr
Burning Brakes

Location: US-ARMY 1974-1996 Retired ; Oklahoma, City ; Atlanta, Ga: Hephzibah, Ga
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by grayline
I hate it because the hi tech dealership technicians CANNOT AND WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Until the car throws codes, if it spits and sputters and backfires flames out of the headlights, they have not a clue and will even tell you that.Having relied on reading the codes and looking up tsbs no one can fix anything without waiting for the code. It took me 4 times taking my GS in for tpms after the dealership installed new tires . It kept showing "check tire pressure" reading 00 psi they claimed to reset it over and over again. I told them why not replace the da*n thing they said they could not until it threw a code showing it was bad. I asked the guy DOES 4 freggin times not tell you its bad? After no# 5 I called the GM regional in our region and asked for him to either come get my car himself or I was going to have it towed to the dealership under warranty.TODAY he made a phone call had me take it in did it while I waited and said after it was all over with he said its a factory issue they have cut down after the Bankruptcy from swap parts to try and try and try again and fix it.screw the customer. So he gave us 2 free oil changes.
Just be careful with the free oil change. I heard some horror stories about oil changes at dealership.

Get notified of new replies

To Gm customer service update

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gm customer service update