C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ideas how to have NPP/Z06/ZR1 exhaust bypass valve close "ALMOST" completely?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:05 PM
rfopt
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Any ideas how to have NPP/Z06/ZR1 exhaust bypass valve close "ALMOST" completely?

I was thinking about this as a mod to do if the next C6 that I get is equipped with a NPP/Z06/ZR1 type of exhaust. Has anyone here altered their exhaust such that when the bypass valve is supposed to be completely close it is instead barely open? If so how did you do this?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

they sell little collars to go on there to do just that.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

A few places sell the collars. They are basically drill bit stop collars that you might be able to buy in a hardware store as long as the hole ID is correct. Here is one discussion:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...duel-mode.html

And here is a just posted DIY thread that seems a bit involved to me but for a DIY person might be good:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...haust-mod.html
Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 PM
rfopt
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the responses. This concept gives me flashbacks to when I had a Borla exhaust on a 95 Trans Am years ago. That setup had a muffler with one output that goes only to the left and had a pipe that bypasses the muffler which goes straight to the right. At the pipe connection is an exhaust restrictor plate (3-4 came with the kit with different sized holes, one of which had no hole).

Get notified of new replies

To Any ideas how to have NPP/Z06/ZR1 exhaust bypass valve close "ALMOST" completely?

Quick Reply: Any ideas how to have NPP/Z06/ZR1 exhaust bypass valve close "ALMOST" completely?