C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Power Mode

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
flynavy3547
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Power Mode

Need some help guys...My 2007 6-speed has been acting up on me. Initially it started up just fine but then immediately (within 5 seconds) began acting weird. It went into "reduced power mode" and was running horribly, and eventually cut out. After several minutes of trying to start up again it started up just fine and ran smooth as ever, but left the check engine light on. After reading the codes (P2101 & P0606) I'm still at a loss as to the next course of action. The P0606 is an "Engine Control Module / Powertrain Control Module Processor" and the P2101 is a Throttle Actuator Control Motor, Circuit Range / Performance. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 AM
R50THC5
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

A few months ago while leaving the dealer a little harshly with a left bank into the center lane, and a stop light. My 09 Callaway corvette went in to the reduced mode. Had to limp thru the traffic light and returned to the dealer. Engine light was on. After chatting with the service rep, he checked the codes, perhaps identical but can not remember. Since my wheels had a little hop from the curb, the traction control took over, which they suspected set off all the warnings. He started the car back up, ran smoothly, no issues and it never happened again????. Spooky I know.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 AM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

p0606 says to diag other codes first. p2101 found PI says clean throttle body and perform idle relearn but talks about high mileage and carbon build up. worth a try to clean t/b and have idle learn reset done. will need tech 2 and only takes a few minutes.
p0606 when i read more says control module internal performance. fix other codes first.
if p0606 sets current this ignition cycle clear code and if resets replace ecm.
on the p2101 if you have access to scan tool watch predicted and actual throttle position should be same and not jump when throttle is moved. slowly go from idle to wot and back while watching data.

Get notified of new replies

To Reduced Power Mode

Quick Reply: Reduced Power Mode