C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Back up lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Default LED Back up lights

After reading about the LED back up lights here on the forum I ordered a set. They came with instructions. It said you just "lay on the ground, reach up and change the bulbs"....NO WAY...I am NOT the Indian Rubber Man.

I backed my vert up on my home made ramps and changed the blubs. It took longer to dig out the ramps than to change them. 15 seconds per bulb...now my back up lights match my driving lights....

BTW, I got them from Corvette Mods. They must think I'm crazy cause every time I get something from them I have to call them to find a better way of installing what I purchased. The NEW LED is on the right.
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:37 PM
David90
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I've been trying to convince myself to do the same.... After seeing yours and saying 15 seconds each side I might just go for it now
Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 PM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

I did mine some time back and I do remember them being a little tuff to change...Now do the DRL, Lic. area...then on to the interior...Oh and I just layed on the garage floor to do mine.

Last edited by boraxman; 12-21-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
b murph
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a note on the interior lights. I replaced the foot well and the rear view mirror bulbs with some blue LEDs from Pep Boys. Sure they look nice, but the one on the drivers side mirror will not go out all the way. It remains very dim, but can be seen from the front of the car and kinda pisses me off. So don't take the cheap route.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:48 PM
drich2905
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

yep, just replaced mine as well---have yet to check it at night but I am sure it is much brighter. Also ordered mine from CorvetteMods and included some trunk led bulbs for my vert and a few replacement bulbs for interior that no longer worked.

They were nice enough to replace the defective bulbs at no charge.

great service.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:56 PM
ddanis60
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have them and love them. Mine were difficult because i was too lazy to move the car to get more space in the garage, so i basically had to reach up there and only do it by feel. anyone on the fence about this, dont overthink it. they look great, and easy to do!

Get notified of new replies

To LED Back up lights

Quick Reply: LED Back up lights