C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poll : anyone bought a manual transmission and later wished they got an automatic

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 PM
whiteboy
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

My previous Vette was a 2000 vert that was highly modified and I loved it. Except for one thing , it was an automatic . I don't know how many times during the period that I owned that car that I wished is was a 6 speed . Have owned four Vettes. Two auto and two 6 speeds. Wasn't even close, I have loved the 6 speed manuals by far the most.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,212 Likes on 824 Posts

No, but I did do the opposite...Tried the Auto for three months with a 2011 and then traded that for a 12 and a manual...After the auto, the manual was saying....

Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

No....but twice I bought an automatic Vette and wished I bought a stick instead.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM
megaweapon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is exactly what I did; tried the manual for a few weeks, thought I would like it more but ultimately went for the auto. In my case I hadn't had a stick since high school and found myself very tense coming out of shops and driveways into traffic. Stalled a bunch of times (I admit it I'm not very good with it). Once I was caught in rush hour traffic I decided that I should have bought something I was comfortable with so it went back to the dealer. I tried to convince myself that a sports car should be a manual and listened to what others here said, but I should have listened to my gut. There have been times my wife needed to use my car and she would have had a hard time learning (knowing her). Also, it had some alignment issues that had me going to the dealer multiple times and was making a scraping sound in first through third in the low rpm's. I talked myself out of a grand sport the first time, so the second go around I grabbed a 2013 NRB GS. Took a $1200 hit for the swap though..
Old 12-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Ken_Tanaka
I will never track it, just play a bit on freeways/highways, racing the rice rockets.
No, posting about racing on public roads is a on the forum.

Quick Reply: Poll : anyone bought a manual transmission and later wished they got an automatic