C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 AM
ultraspeed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help

Once again, I find my self needing some assistance. I searched and searched all over the web and I am unable to find the answer i need to be sure on what my issue is. So I will do my best to explain it.

I just got done installing DP direct drive. I put the car all back together and started her up to go take her for a spin to make sure everything was good. When I started the car to let it warm up, there were no issues. So I pull the car out of my driveway and go about 200 yds and oil pressure gauge dropped to 0 and the DIC yelling at me telling me power restricted. So I hoped on here and did some research and replaced the sending unit. So after getting that in I started the car back up and i am still having the same issue oil pressure gauge reads zero and DTC yelling at me. Now the oil pump in thr car is not that old it is about a year old and has like 5-6k miles on it. BTW it is a Mellings high volume. I started doing some trouble shooting I disconnected the plug from the pressure sensor and held the acc for 5 sec to engage everything to see if the gauge would go up, and it did not. Is there a away I can check the wiring to make sure the sensor is actually getting power to jump it and rule out everything. I really want to be sure if it is a oil pump, since I just put one in not that long ago. BTW never had issues before with oil pressure.

Also any other ideas are welcomed. Sucks to put a new part in and not be able to go enjoy it.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 AM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can use a DVOM to check the oil pressure circuit, and you can install a manual oil pressure gauge to determine if the engine has oil pressure.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 AM
ultraspeed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you be able to please tell me which wire should have power to it when I hold the acc button down for 5 seconds. In other words can you walk me through reading the wires out

Get notified of new replies

To Really need help

Quick Reply: Really need help