C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion: 427 now or wait for C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,107 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I would buy the 427 car and keep it for 3 years. See what they offer for the 2016 Corvette. If there is some kick *** model then trade the 13 in and buy a 16 if not keep the 13.

If the C7 is dog ugly you may see a run on existing 427 stock. If it isnt I am sure you wont see decent discounts on the C7 anytime soon.

I would go for the 427 now and let other guys pay around MSRP and above while they work the bugs out of the fist year production.

You can have 3 years of driving fun while other guys are dealing with whatever issues come up with the C7 and by that time I am sure higher performance models will come out.

Of course if the C7 looks anything like the spy shot artist renderings I would not want one anyway. And the cylinder deactivation is also a deal killer for me. Did it with a daily driver Challenger R/T I bought in 09. Hated it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Jackal
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JMHO, if I were at all interested in the C7, which I'm not, I would at least wait until all of the details of the C7 were released. This way you can see if you really want the C7 or not. Additionally, as soon as the C7 is released the C6 will go down in value, so if you didn't want a C7, you can get a better deal on a C6!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:19 PM
thejerseydevil
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

The dilemna is that the deal is really great and something that may not be there in Jan.. It's for a fully loaded anniversary car and it's just an amazing deal.

Considering that the more powerful engine won't be out for a couple of years, this car should still be a hot item.

I don't know...so confused
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

an amzing deal now for a pretty pretty sweet ride, or sticker next year for a car that isnt going to be up to its full potential. get the deal now and have a ball. when the time comes, decide if you trade up or not. its only paper.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 PM
JD ZR1
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I plan on getting a 427 convertible, but will wait to see the C7 in January. Then if it is really killer I may spring for one but would also imagine better incentives to sell the remaining c6's. I do not see the "old technology" 427 in the future, think that is the way to go. I do plan on keeping my 09 ZR1 in any event.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:35 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by c6am
The dilemna is that the deal is really great and something that may not be there in Jan.. It's for a fully loaded anniversary car and it's just an amazing deal.

Considering that the more powerful engine won't be out for a couple of years, this car should still be a hot item.

I don't know...so confused
Great part about life is there is always another awesome deal.

Just hang back till January 13th and then you'll know.

The new c7 is going to be awesome......you know you'll want one without a doubt.....

3000 lbs...475 hp 475 lb/ft tq....7 speed manual ..ptm5 MRC carbon fiber and the lists go on...

The styling as much as it pains me to say it....will begin to date our beloved c6s rather quickly....

Wait until January 13th
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM
thejerseydevil
Burning Brakes

I'm trying to work out a deal now on an anniversary car. If I can get it for the price I want, I'll do it now. Otherwise I'll wait.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:31 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

You hear all the stories about not buying the first year of a new generation, so if you lean that way, then that makes it a little harder. If that does not bother you, I would wait until next month to see what the C7 is really going to look like, never mind all these renderings that keep popping up.

The other side of the coin, is we know that the next engine will be the LT1 rated at 450 hp and no mention of any other engines being offered. With the push to meet the new CAFE requirements, this my be the last of the 427's so that is something to think about.

Finally, you may see a big reduction in the C6's once the C7 is available, but of course you will be limited to dealer stock and there is no guarantee there will be any 427's available then.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM
thejerseydevil
Burning Brakes

Still thinking. Maybe procrastinating long enough will help make the decision for me

Quick Reply: Opinion: 427 now or wait for C7