C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Gregory0729
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase advice

I have been looking for a C6 vert since selling my C5 vert in August. I have driven a fully loaded '05 model, (Nav., power top, HUD, Corsa exhaust, to name a few). It is black on black, and a six speed with 65,000 miles. Brand new front tires and about 50% tread on back. It has a clean Carfax. It's at a mom and pop car lot but belongs to the owners brother, whose wife said it was impractical for them. He has been asking 30k, but I have him at $26k drive out. New is not in my budget. My last was a '98 model, so this would be new enough for me. Advice?

Greg
Old 11-23-2012, 04:00 AM
tonysrep
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit high for so many miles Imho I'd look into an 07 or 08 if you want the ls3 engine....never been a fan of buying the first model year ,it takes them a couple years to get the kinks out
Old 11-23-2012, 04:01 AM
TerryL
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Shop around. In late July I found a grey over silver one owner 06 vert with 53k on it. Paddle shifter auto, Six CD player, HUD, manual top, always garaged and...beautiful! Full 50k service and new Firehawks. $24,800!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 AM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

If you like the car then jump on it. On this forum you will ALWAYS get the comments of "too high, I bought one cheaper, too many miles, 05 has issues, yada, yada, yada". True - you can keep shopping but might lose a good local vehicle. I have an 05 and have had zero issues with it. The price is at least reasonable - again, if you like it and it's a good car then do it. You'll love it.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 AM
plmkrzy
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
If you like the car then jump on it. On this forum you will ALWAYS get the comments of "too high, I bought one cheaper, too many miles, 05 has issues, yada, yada, yada". True - you can keep shopping but might lose a good local vehicle. I have an 05 and have had zero issues with it. The price is at least reasonable - again, if you like it and it's a good car then do it. You'll love it.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:11 AM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I bought an '07 for more then many on here would say was to much money, but based on every one I looked at in my area it was right in the ballpark. If you like it and it checks out mechanically go for it. As far as the first year having issues, I think by now that should not be an issue. After all the car is 8 years old and has some miles on it. Seems to me any bugs will have already been taken care of. The only thing about an '06 or newer would be the 6 speed auto paddle shift.

Get notified of new replies

To Purchase advice

Quick Reply: Purchase advice