C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Renewal (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
LB001
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 20 Posts

Default XM Renewal (Merged)

For the past several years I have been renewing my XM subscription using " ZWINBACK", and or threatening to cancel. I always got the $77 deal. When I renewed today, and threatened to cancel my subscription, the best I was able to do was to get a reduction from about $150/year to $107.
Did I give in too soon? Have my bargaining skills diminished with age? What is your best RECENT price?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LB001
For the past several years I have been renewing my XM subscription using " ZWINBACK", and or threatening to cancel. I always got the $77 deal. When I renewed today, and threatened to cancel my subscription, the best I was able to do was to get a reduction from about $150/year to $107.
Did I give in too soon? Have my bargaining skills diminished with age? What is your best RECENT price?
I need to call them myself so I can let you know what they come back with tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 309 Likes on 199 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

You gave in TOOOOO SOOOON. I went thru 2 people before I got someone (in the cancellation dept) that spoke the kings english. I had to renew 2 radios. Took me 2 years to get them to expire at the same time so I could RENEW them at the same time. (more leverage when you threaten to cancel BOTH of them) Anyway, $77.00 plus 8.00 plus 2.00 for the invoice per radio for 1 year. ( NEVER.....NEVER pay with a credit card. )
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by obxchartercaptain
You gave in TOOOOO SOOOON. I went thru 2 people before I got someone (in the cancellation dept) that spoke the kings english. I had to renew 2 radios. Took me 2 years to get them to expire at the same time so I could RENEW them at the same time. (more leverage when you threaten to cancel BOTH of them) Anyway, $77.00 plus 8.00 plus 2.00 for the invoice per radio for 1 year. ( NEVER.....NEVER pay with a credit card. )
I agree with you about never using a Credit Card... You got a great deal though
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Always paid with a credit card NEVER had a problem. When you don't try and scam them and you can read and understand terms and conditions, you just don't have problems. It really is, just that easy.

I like all these complaints, but all these people admit that they are trying to scam XM and sometimes they get burnt.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Very un-impressed w/XM and see no reason to renew.

When my "free" time is up, I'm done.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
C6LS3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI- all in- active xm radios with be activated for a short time per Sirius Xm nov.14-27.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Fastcat3
Racer

Default Just renewed the Vette's sister

I skated along with zwinback deal at $77 for five years, but last year my negotiating skills, repeated calls and cancellation threats ended up with the deal that is around $107 with all the little added tidbits including $2.00 for payment by CHECK. They had some increase about a1.5 years ago or so with some fee for around $11.00 that they had to pass on. So my 2012 Camaro SS 45th came due for it's first time after the free year and they matched the $107 deal and I didn't argue. Guess they finally wear you down. If anyone can get $77 plus all the fees they have done well, but don't pay more than around $107 by check.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good advice here.....I apparently have way too much time on my hands....so for the last two years.....and with four cars.....I have been doing the 6 mos for 25.00 thing....after the 2.00 invoice and some other charge it is around 28.**....but be forewarned....make sure that you cancel.....or threaten too before the expiration date and try to get someone in America to talk to.....so far the cancellation of four vehicles apparently seems to let me keep getting this price....It also took me a year to get all four expiration dates the same....but also good leverage.....and remember it is best to be polite and not the ugly American when dealing .....seems to go a long way.....especially when one is cheap and trying to get a "deal".....yeah, I know....

Last edited by PatriotZ; 11-14-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 309 Likes on 199 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Racer
Always paid with a credit card NEVER had a problem. When you don't try and scam them and you can read and understand terms and conditions, you just don't have problems. It really is, just that easy.

I like all these complaints, but all these people admit that they are trying to scam XM and sometimes they get burnt.
Not a problem....If you call getting something for less by playing within the rules....a scam....so be it. Fact is...if they didn't renew at that price I WOULD have cancelled it. I never had any problems with xm...I just didn't like paying full price for something that I know I could get a discount on by talking to a different person. In the meantime, you pay full price and like you say, pay with a credit card. You don't even have to call them. They will renew it for you AUTOMATICALLY, and at full price. Thats what I call GREAT SERVICE.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM
ngtcrlr 007 c6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a problem....If you call getting something for less by playing within the rules....a scam....so be it. Fact is...if they didn't renew at that price I WOULD have cancelled it. I never had any problems with xm...I just didn't like paying full price for something that I know I could get a discount on by talking to a different person. In the meantime, you pay full price and like you say, pay with a credit card. You don't even have to call them. They will renew it for you AUTOMATICALLY, and at full price. Thats what I call GREAT SERVICE.
Why not try to get a deal? After all, if you paid w/your credit card they got you at FULL price! Try to get them to cancel when they got your cc#...haha
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,668 Posts

I just renewed for $90.78 for a year. I think that's pretty fair
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

So I guess you ALWAYS pay asking price for your cars also? Everything is negotiable. $50-60 a year is something, especially when you are paying a 33% surcharge over what most people are paying. Multiply that by 3 cars or so and it is a couple hundred $$$ savings. Throw in Onstar at another 33% surcharge but it my case I just dumped it all together. Would have no problem doing it to XM also.

I don't mention any codes, just ask if they can give me a deal for having 3 radios with them. If the first person comes back and says no then I ask to be connected to the cancellation department which usually agrees to a deal to save me from cancelling all 3. Doesn't matter when you renew them also as they'll refund you the remaining months. The scam is by XM requiring that the main radio for the account be on your oldest car. Sell that car and they charge extra for the next older car that becomes the main radio. You can still negotiate that charge also.

XM is just not good enough to warrant paying $500 a year for 3 cars.

Last edited by phileaglesfan; 11-14-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan
Very un-impressed w/XM and see no reason to renew.

When my "free" time is up, I'm done.
They just sent me some additional free time, trolling I guess.....still won't listen to that crap..

Last edited by hawkgfr; 11-14-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

Posters shouldn't post drunk...
Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 PM
XSQUID
Instructor

To each his own. Personally I love it. Have XM on the Vette (annual) Sirius in my Jeep, also annual and lifetime on a Sirius portable that I use on the Harley and my truck. Just renewed the Vette and threatened to cancel and got them to $96 total for another year. I travel a lot in or on one of the vehicles and like listening to stations I like without signal searching all the time. BB King Bluesville channel 70 can't be beat IMO.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,598 Likes on 1,632 Posts

If I can get a deal, I will keep the XM on the 06. The 13 has a USB port and I have an 8gb flash drive attached with my music. I don't need XM...... They need me.

Get notified of new replies

To XM Renewal (Merged)

Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Jef1230
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting it free. I've never subscribed, but turned on the audio last week and noticed I had most all the channels -- not just the teasers -- coming in.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
greengo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just cancel......they will be calling you with all kinds of offers. I went through their she it for years till I finally cancelled both vehicles. I would sign back if they paid me. What a scam
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Scam"? Or simply trying to purchase smartly? I don't see a scam here, simply people using their bargaining skills. Giving them your credit card number reduces your bargaining options to zero. It is really that easy.

Quick Reply: XM Renewal (Merged)