C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have a horrible time trying to purchase Corvette jackets on the internet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
SolidlyStated
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Anyone else have a horrible time trying to purchase Corvette jackets on the internet?

I am now 0 for 2 (and very disappointed) trying to find a light Corvette jacket on the net.

Got my second jacket being returned tomorrow at the post office and will be now $25-$30 of my own money wasted on 2 returns along with my time. (And of course who knows how long it will take me to get refunded through PayPal.

First jacket was an awesome looking zip-up with an orange stripe along the sides. I was very excited and ordered it for $95 from Canada to US because it would match my Atomic Orange. However, when I got the jacket, it came with a red stripe. It was nice, but it was too short and I wanted orange. I had to ship it back to Canada.

Just got a second one today- looked like the design of the first but with a white stripe and was only $60 this time. I figured that this would be fine because it was cheaper and I could order 1 size larger and be happy with it.

This similar design turned out to be the same design and the same store name printed on the label. It was also MIS-labeled and was the exact size of the smaller jacket, like the Chinese factory had messed up on the labeling. I actually think that is what happened and why this place was selling them cheap. (No jokes about me gaining weight between the 2 jackets - I have lost 57 lbs in the past 6 months).

Anyway, I am pretty upset that I have wasted a lot of time, money, and aggravation on trying to find a jacket.

Is there no real store where you can buy Corvette apparel outside of the museum? If these fly-by-night internet stores have GM licensed clothes, why can't I get one in a store?

Thanks for letting me rant.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Have you looked at the ones for sale by the Corvette Museum? They're also a forum vendor.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
SolidlyStated
Burning Brakes

Museum website was the first place I looked and some of the other vendors here. I found it interesting how varied the prices were for the same piece of clothing.

However, nothing was my style. Frankly, a lot of stuff looks like something straight out of Will Ferrel's "Talladega Nights."

Who would wear this?!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTN
Have you looked at the ones for sale by the Corvette Museum? They're also a forum vendor.

That's where I got mine.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Default Buy from the museum ...........

One of the best reasons to buy from the CM is that a major portion of you purchase funds goes towards its support. Even if I can find the item for less elsewhere, I buy from the CM just for that reason !
Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
ofallonrick
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I did was found the leather jacket I like and then with to a Embroidery store and had them create what I wanted. Then I keep buying more and more from them...just my thoughts.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a number of apparel items as well as accessories from....

corvettec6collection.com...... they are GM licensed and I always had good service from them (others may disagree).

Depending on exactly what you are looking for, they have about 10 styles of jackets.

Also they are a little ways from you, up in Elkhart, IN. I visited them one time and was impressed with their hospitality.

Yeah, your post with the picture of that jacket......looks a "little" overdone. Obviously an off shore producer and marketer.

Last edited by RnLi; 11-05-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Addition...
Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
SolidlyStated
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RnLi
the picture of that jacket......looks a "little" overdone. Obviously and off shore producer and marketer.
That jacket was for sale on Chevy Mall. Made me throw up in my mouth a little.

I had been to that c6collection site (looks like good stuff) and was excited to see C7 logo apparel advertised already. Unfortunately that jacket was only available in women's sizes... go figure.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

Have you tried ZIP or Corvette Central?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've been very happy with everything that I have ordered from the "Corvette C6 Collection". Very fast shipping.

BobD
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
plmkrzy
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

PM sent.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by SolidlyStated
Museum website was the first place I looked and some of the other vendors here. I found it interesting how varied the prices were for the same piece of clothing.

However, nothing was my style. Frankly, a lot of stuff looks like something straight out of Will Ferrel's "Talladega Nights."

Who would wear this?!
Lol! That is over the top...no way, would I wear that!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Ordered all of mine from Mid America
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
SolidlyStated
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
Ordered all of mine from Mid America
would that be mamotorworks? I think I liked what I was seeing there.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Who would wear this?!
[/QUOTE]

Dude - that's awesome. Sign me up!!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I am now 0 for 2 (and very disappointed) trying to find a light Corvette jacket on the net.

Got my second jacket being returned tomorrow at the post office and will be now $25-$30 of my own money wasted on 2 returns along with my time. (And of course who knows how long it will take me to get refunded through PayPal.

First jacket was an awesome looking zip-up with an orange stripe along the sides. I was very excited and ordered it for $95 from Canada to US because it would match my Atomic Orange. However, when I got the jacket, it came with a red stripe. It was nice, but it was too short and I wanted orange. I had to ship it back to Canada.

Just got a second one today- looked like the design of the first but with a white stripe and was only $60 this time. I figured that this would be fine because it was cheaper and I could order 1 size larger and be happy with it.

This similar design turned out to be the same design and the same store name printed on the label. It was also MIS-labeled and was the exact size of the smaller jacket, like the Chinese factory had messed up on the labeling. I actually think that is what happened and why this place was selling them cheap. (No jokes about me gaining weight between the 2 jackets - I have lost 57 lbs in the past 6 months).

Anyway, I am pretty upset that I have wasted a lot of time, money, and aggravation on trying to find a jacket.

Is there no real store where you can buy Corvette apparel outside of the museum? If these fly-by-night internet stores have GM licensed clothes, why can't I get one in a store?

Thanks for letting me rant.
We carry TONS of GM licensed apparel!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That jacket was for sale on Chevy Mall. Made me throw up in my mouth a little.

I had been to that c6collection site (looks like good stuff) and was excited to see C7 logo apparel advertised already. Unfortunately that jacket was only available in women's sizes... go figure.
I bought a couple things through the corvetteC6collection a couple years ago....they had a wide selection of licensed apparel and their service was excellent......http://corvettec6collection.com/

Also, I frequently get huge catalogs from MidAmerica Corvette or something close to that. I've never bought anything through them but they seem to have a large selection of everything Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else have a horrible time trying to purchase Corvette jackets on the internet?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

That's them.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Who would wear this?!
This looks like something for the spandex bike riding crowd wanbee lance armstrong types. Got a load of em near me ty up roads.
z51vett
Old 11-06-2012, 11:41 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Originally Posted by dvilin
That's them.
Correcto

Quick Reply: Anyone else have a horrible time trying to purchase Corvette jackets on the internet?