C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I had a good experience with XM

Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,219 Likes on 409 Posts

Default I had a good experience with XM

I'm amazed I'm even saying this, but I had a good experience with our friends at XM radio.

I just got an invoice for $126 for an annual renewal that was marked as overdue. As usual, the invoice was sent out after the expiration date. Since my car will be essentially in storage until April or so, I called intent on simply cancelling the account. I was fed up with having to negotiate a deal every time my renewal came up, and I told the rep this as soon as we started talking.

She immediately let me know that they offer 2 and 5 month suspensions of service, and I could just ask for whichever suspension of service I wanted. I was never told this before. She then went through their promotions; which included a $72 annual plan. They also, she said, had a 6 month plan for only $27, although she couldn't figure out why the 6 month plan was less per month then the one year plan. All these quotes included the music fees. She also explained that I could use a credit card without locking in the auto pay option, which I did not want. She even set up a user name and password for me, so I could check on my account through their online service.

I agreed to the 6 month $27 deal, and had her suspend service until April, 2013. Nothing will be billed until then. She was very apologetic about how they bill invoices, but claimed they had too many plans and promotions to just send out one amount on an invoice. Her advice was to call whenever an invoice is received and simply ask about the current promotions.

My past experiences with XM have been nightmares, with threats of cancellations from me, referrals to "supervisors", billing errors, and threats from collection agencies when I didn't renew. I have also never before actually spoken with an American rep. This time I did get an "on shore" rep who knew what she was doing, and immediately offered me a reasonable plan and options for suspending service when my car was not being used.

I'll be really curious to see if this good service carries over to my next renewal.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XM seems to be getting its service act together.

I've always received the storage suspension and they even will credit my account for that suspension and apply that credit when the radio reactivates in April.

I have 3 cars with XM and I have no problem renegotiating for the best deals; it's worth every penny saved.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Deftly
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a good experience also. I cancelled XM in my Vette and Solara and got a refund. The agent made no effort to keep me as a customer. They must be getting lazy.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

I called them when my free year ran out and no problems with turning it off, this was the first time I didn't go through hell to get it turned off on a new car.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 AM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

$27.00 is a great deal. I thought I was doing Ok with $90.78 for the year.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by StanNH
I'm amazed I'm even saying this, but I had a good experience with our friends at XM radio.

I just got an invoice for $126 for an annual renewal that was marked as overdue. As usual, the invoice was sent out after the expiration date. Since my car will be essentially in storage until April or so, I called intent on simply cancelling the account. I was fed up with having to negotiate a deal every time my renewal came up, and I told the rep this as soon as we started talking.

She immediately let me know that they offer 2 and 5 month suspensions of service, and I could just ask for whichever suspension of service I wanted. I was never told this before. She then went through their promotions; which included a $72 annual plan. They also, she said, had a 6 month plan for only $27, although she couldn't figure out why the 6 month plan was less per month then the one year plan. All these quotes included the music fees. She also explained that I could use a credit card without locking in the auto pay option, which I did not want. She even set up a user name and password for me, so I could check on my account through their online service.

I agreed to the 6 month $27 deal, and had her suspend service until April, 2013. Nothing will be billed until then. She was very apologetic about how they bill invoices, but claimed they had too many plans and promotions to just send out one amount on an invoice. Her advice was to call whenever an invoice is received and simply ask about the current promotions.

My past experiences with XM have been nightmares, with threats of cancellations from me, referrals to "supervisors", billing errors, and threats from collection agencies when I didn't renew. I have also never before actually spoken with an American rep. This time I did get an "on shore" rep who knew what she was doing, and immediately offered me a reasonable plan and options for suspending service when my car was not being used.

I'll be really curious to see if this good service carries over to my next renewal.
I'm going to give them a call today because December is when my plan ends. They were trying to put me on a yearly plan when my car is stored during the winter.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 AM
etaylor14
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I also had a pleasant experience with xm. I called the Listener Care Team @ 866-635-5020 I heard Hello this is Lisa how may I help you!! WOW a voice I could plainly understand!!! I told her I wanted to cancel she said may I ask why? I told her it wasn't a D/D and not worth the money to keep it and she agreed!! She immediately offered a 50% discount for $84.00 plus tax and $2.00 for the paper bill. All set for another year!!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,569 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Cool! I need to do this. I was just going to canx because the last time I called they would not do this for me.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
9C1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had no issues suspending my XM service for the winter storage period, however this year is the first time I got a voice that sounded like a native English speaker. He had no problem understanding my need for wither storage -- he said he was in Nova Scotia. He didn't even have a Canadian accent.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by etaylor14
I also had a pleasant experience with xm. I called the Listener Care Team @ 866-635-5020 I heard Hello this is Lisa how may I help you!! WOW a voice I could plainly understand!!! I told her I wanted to cancel she said may I ask why? I told her it wasn't a D/D and not worth the money to keep it and she agreed!! She immediately offered a 50% discount for $84.00 plus tax and $2.00 for the paper bill. All set for another year!!
Thanks for the phone number and I agree I have always had someone who was difficult to understand. I'm going to call them today
Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Get_UmJ13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Cool! I need to do this. I was just going to canx because the last time I called they would not do this for me.
That was my plan as well. This is the first time I have ever heard that they understood the storage of our cars.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 AM
blitzebill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you ask for a supervisor, they will work to keep you with XM and may even give you the 6 month deal for $25-35 total. All you have to do is ask.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

I had a good experience as well....No XM spam in all of October...It's a miracle.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

...she must have been new - typical non-sense when I spoke to one of their reps in Oct - think ill give them a call back and ask to speak to one of their new trainees.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Never, ever had a problem with them, and I have cancelled my subscription many times with them.
Two reasons why I have never had a problem.

1. I know how to read. (terms and conditions, which explain everything)
2. I don't try and SCAM THEM and then get burnt, because (go back to point no.1)

I just recently cancelled my subscription after my 3 year special ran out. They could not match the offer I had. I felt it was too expensive and not worth it to me. I didn't cry and whine on this forum.
It is their company and they can charge what they want, it was too much for me (since I now run Slacker in "Cached" mode in my Escalade)so I cancelled.
I cancelled BEFORE my contract was up (I gave them one month notice) I asked them for an email confirmation, received the email confirmation and it has now been three months and no problems, no billing, just another successful dealing with them. (I did stay on the phone for about 15 minutes cancelling as they offered me the best deal they could, but you get the long calls with almost everything nowadays.)
I will go back to them again sometime, as I have been on and off with them since 2000?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

Originally Posted by blitzebill
XM seems to be getting its service act together.

I've always received the storage suspension and they even will credit my account for that suspension and apply that credit when the radio reactivates in April.

I have 3 cars with XM and I have no problem renegotiating for the best deals; it's worth every penny saved.
You cannot possibly be serious! I've had XM from day one and it's always a dog fight and on the phone repeatedly for hours to get what I want or something similar!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Never, ever had a problem with them, and I have cancelled my subscription many times with them.
Two reasons why I have never had a problem.

1. I know how to read. (terms and conditions, which explain everything)
2. I don't try and SCAM THEM and then get burnt, because (go back to point no.1)

I just recently cancelled my subscription after my 3 year special ran out. They could not match the offer I had. I felt it was too expensive and not worth it to me. I didn't cry and whine on this forum.
It is their company and they can charge what they want, it was too much for me (since I now run Slacker in "Cached" mode in my Escalade)so I cancelled.
I cancelled BEFORE my contract was up (I gave them one month notice) I asked them for an email confirmation, received the email confirmation and it has now been three months and no problems, no billing, just another successful dealing with them. (I did stay on the phone for about 15 minutes cancelling as they offered me the best deal they could, but you get the long calls with almost everything nowadays.)
I will go back to them again sometime, as I have been on and off with them since 2000?

But yet here you are...whining and crying on this forum...

Get notified of new replies

To I had a good experience with XM

Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Only because it annoys the **** out of people like you.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:25 PM
ButWhatDoIKnow
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
twin-cam88
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's nice to hear. Every encounter I've had with their renewals have been a

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I had a good experience with XM